So, this a what a lowside feels like.....

Glad you are ok. That gravel sux but at least you did not hit any objects and at least the bike rolled over clean. Mine hit on the head light/dash area going over in grass and shattered very large amounts of plastic. Did not scratch or bend levers, grips, front fender but looks like a bomb went off with the plastics. You got way lucky with your parts and your personnel parts too.

Keep riding and keep learning.

Glad you are ok. My wife rides as well, not sure how she would do if she saw me go down.

Glad you're okay, man. Hang tough out there!

--Wag--

hey ken02busa has an orange 08 hes parting out hit him up for parts glad youre ok
beerchug.gif

Glad you are okay and glad there wasn't that much damage. Nothing to the right side even after it flipped? Did it land on the left side again?

That sux Bro. At least your o.k. Wis I had some parts to give you, but mine al went to other people that went down.

I went down for the first time today.  Still doesn't feel like it really happened. No one to blame but myself.  

I was heading home with my wife on her bike behind me and taking some back country roads that we have taken a few times.  Came to an point in the road were I could go straight or fork off.  More or less chose to turn too late, realized I was hot, so I decided to stay straight.  As soon as I decided to stay straight I saw the gravel triangle in the middle of the road and knew I was screwed.  Front end washed out and I laid down on the left side. Bike and I slid off the road into the ditch.  I rolled right out of it and bike caught something a flipped over once it hit the grass from what I can tell.  

I am very impressed how I and the bike held up.  I bet I was going 50 or so when I lost it. Stator cover, frame slider and mirror took the brunt of the damage.  I was leaking, but it was slow enough I rode her home.  Snapped the left mirror off and broke my Puig Double Bubble.  Left slider will need replaced.  Some minor cosmetic damage to the fairings.  Some holes in my jacket, but managed to keep the Arai off the pavement  
please.gif

I'll have a big ole bruise on my hip, but that is it.

So I think I am a lucky guy today!!!!

Lunch at Old Country Buffet: $18
Dark Knight at IMAX: $30
Experiencing your first spill and living to tell the tale: Priceless

So, anyone have a left mirror, stator cover, or double bubble wind screen?
pirate.gif
View attachment 1592896

Glad you are okay and glad there wasn't that much damage. Nothing to the right side even after it flipped? Did it land on the left side again?
I was surprised myself. I think it caught when it hit the grass and just tipped over once. I think that is when the windshield broke and again I think the slider saved me as it was filled with grass/dirt. I think the slider hit and took the entire impact on the right side. I found a minor scratch in the fairing, but nothing big.

I'll try and get some pics up this evening. I want to get to the car show across town before it is over.

Good to hear you are well. You have a great attitude, things happen. Get healthy, get happy, but most of all, get back on the bike!
beerchug.gif

sorry bro glad your ok

i have a windscreen and frame sliders if you want them pm me your address

This is the concerning picture. I think my tank may have cracked? this is a new line that you can catch with a fingernail and continues under the sticker.....
DSC00638.jpg

Back