Bad way to start day.

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Yes, my once perfect bike is now all dinged up!
mad.gif

Was lowering the rear 2" when suddenly she went over on the left side.

Now, I have the end of my clutch lever is busted off, scratchies on the left side lower faring, a dent in the left side can, and worst of all the stator cover is cracked and oil is leaking out!

I just put the suspension back together enough to stand her back up and now have to turn the upper dogbone bolt around because I put it in the wrong direction because I was in a hurry to get the bike back up and assess the damage.

Hope I can get a stator cover in time to leave for the Bash.

So, anyone who has a clutch lever, left side can, or stator cover hit me back with price and I will need speedy shipping. If no replys, I will just find an online store on Monday a.m.

I gotta go sulk now
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|tpbio
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1145718454 -->

There where some lying around here a few months ago.,
I know because I needed one for my crashed 05.
I just ordered a new one from the dealer for 60 bucks and it was here in 2 days anyways.

hate to hear that. think i seen where someone was parting out a bike in the classifieds on the board. good luck and get it back together, you dont want to miss the BASH, its going to be GREAT!

cant lower the bike on a stand with dog bones... you pull the bolt out and it will lean over ... that is why some of these guy tied their bike to the rafters in their garages so that the back end would hang from the ceiling. I hope you get your stator cover soon! Sorry to hear about the damage...
sad.gif

Sorry about the damage!

If what Tsgt says is true you might try the steel rod through the swing arm pivot. This jacks up the rear end without upward pressure on the swing arm.

When I do this I put the rod through the pivot (5/8" is the largest that will fit, which you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's), and put a jack stand under one side. The other side I lift with my car's scissors jack, and then put a stand under that side as well.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

cant lower the bike on a stand with dog bones... you pull the bolt out and it will lean over ...  that is why some of these guy tied their bike to the rafters in their garages so that the back end would hang from the ceiling.  I hope you get your stator cover soon!  Sorry to hear about the damage...  
sad.gif
Huh....?
rock.gif

All you have to do is put a floor jack under the belly-pan support and everything works fine. Unless you don't have it on the rear stand the right way, you shouldn't have a problem....
wink.gif

Sorry to hear, bro! Hope you can find a cover!

If you can't find one, give Oz PowerSports a call - 785.242.0600. They are a salvage yard and may have one for ya.

He's open 'til 6:00pm CDT today - may be able to overnight ya something..

Thanks for the responses everyone.

You know, I just had the jack in the wrong place. I had it aft of the belly pan bracket.

Had two neighbors come over and steady her while I attempted it the right way with the jack under the belly pan bracket. No problems. Now she is 2" (inches) ha, Ha! lower in the rear and 1.25" lower in the front through the top clamp using reaper risers.

Stator and gasket should be here Tuesday from 58cycle.com.

Any advice on changing out the stator cover?? I really want this to be done Tuesday without any more surprises
biggrin.gif

Changing the stator cover doesn't take long. Just be careful to not overtorque/overtighten the screws when you put it on. There will be some magnetism when you remove the cover and some oil will leak, but nothing too severe. Including the removal of the left fairing you can have it replaced in under an hour.

And very sorry to hear that happened. Like Got-Busa said you just gotta make sure the jack is in the right place.

Back