Top Speed, Pulled Over, Didn’t Go to Jail?

rlmoorex

Registered
Pulled over by one of the communities’ finest @ 107. I pulled over immediately when I saw the lights. The officer read me the riot act. Wrote me a ticket. But he apparently showed mercy and shredded it. No summons, nothing on my record.

What was your top ticketed speed that didn’t land you in the pokey?

Speeding tickets? What are they?
41871EE9-DEFD-4A1E-A6A5-22F57D6E58FD.jpg
AC495A65-38D6-4564-B229-5D951DAC8A41.jpeg

Pulled over by one of the communities’ finest @ 107. I pulled over immediately when I saw the lights. The officer read me the riot act. Wrote me a ticket. But he apparently showed mercy and shredded it. No summons, nothing on my record.

What was your top ticketed speed that didn’t land you in the pokey?
Mt lemon n Tucson going 115 ,gave me ticked for passing in no passing zone. He laughed when I took of helmet and saw gray hair ‍,

So your question was "That didn't land you in the pokey".

He is no longer a member here but when he was he went by OverEasy.

He got clocked at 167. And he stopped. He did not end up in jail, but he had to pay a buttload of legal cost, was court ordered to sell the bike, and lose his MC endorsement on his license.

He should have never stopped.

You can do a search on it here for the particulars.

I bet he would have been shocked to see the speed you were doing before you slowed down. :race:

That almost happened to me one time I was doing a top speed run when my RD went off. There was a rise in the road about a mile ahead so I couldn’t see him and he couldn’t see me. His radar must’ve been screaming though and I was the first vehicle he saw as he drove over the rise. Luckily I had scrubbed off about 100 mph so when he did see me...after passing each other I looked in my mirror and he turned his overhead lights on and off but kept going. Once again I‘d like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all the hiway cops that drive around with their radar unit always on. :thumbsup:

260 km/h he didn't actually stop me but cops were waiting at my house (not sure how he got my plate), I lost me entire license had to redo my learners take a driving test and redo my motorcycle plus took a bunch of courses with drunk drivers (everyone their were for dui's except me lol) and ontop of all that pay a hefty fine! I simply don't put plates on my bike anymore for that simple reason!

In 1997 I was chased and the cop gave up at 210kmh, the cop car was all over the road trying to maintain that speed.
I sailed away at 260kmh top speed on my old Kawa GPZ900A1 1984.
I was spotted by an unmarked cop car that was parked as I slowed to pass a busy intersection, and the cop got my number plate using binoculars (lucky him, not so lucky me)
I was pulled over an hour later and arrested on the spot.
9 months loss of license, $1800 in fines, attend a few courses on defensive driving.
Thats my darkest hour on my bike riding history . . . only stopped coz I was on reserve fuel lol.

So what are you working with here? Looks like a remote sensor setup. Radar alone or jammer also? have not run a detector in a long time maybe time to invest.

That’s a Valentine One radar unit that detects X, K and Ka radar bands along with Laser. The middle section, also from Valentine enables earbuds or other attachments like the ten LED display, not from Valentine. In sunlight on the bike, the light display is needed in order to see the warning signal. The tiny lights on the base unit are fine in the car but not on the bike. I got tired of wearing earbuds and switched. Valentine’s newest version is blue tooth capable. What you see in the picture cost nearly $600 altogether. That’s about one good speeding ticket around here not counting insurance increases. It’s saved me thousands over the years thru 11 states and depending on the terrain, can give me a two mile warning distance. It even works around long winding corners in the mountains. I get a ’save’ nearly every time I’m out. No one wants a big ticket but I don’t even want a 62 in a 55 zone ticket.

That’s a Valentine One radar unit that detects X, K and Ka radar bands along with Laser. The middle section, also from Valentine enables earbuds or other attachments like the ten LED display, not from Valentine. In sunlight on the bike, the light display is needed in order to see the warning signal. The tiny lights on the base unit are fine in the car but not on the bike. I got tired of wearing earbuds and switched. Valentine’s newest version is blue tooth capable. What you see in the picture cost nearly $600 altogether. That’s about one good speeding ticket around here not counting insurance increases. It’s saved me thousands over the years thru 11 states and depending on the terrain, can give me a two mile warning distance. It even works around long winding corners in the mountains. I get a ’save’ nearly every time I’m out. No one wants a big ticket but I don’t even want a 62 in a 55 zone ticket.
Will look into this right now.

the laser scanner picks up the laser after it already tagged you so you kinda screwed already. there are ways to try to mess with it like a military laser jammer, a wedge shaped car car like a lambo, or some sort of light absorbing material.

A friend assures me Uniden is the way to go. His stories are similar though. Do your research. Just be aware that there's no defense against laser. If the detector goes off, they got you. Don't speed on interstate highways and you should be ok.
That last part is not possible with me just being honest.

Back