Got pulled over yesterday

Happy you didn't get that ticket. Good on you for having such a clean record.

I was reading that when notifying an officer of your CCW that you should avoid words like weapon, armed, gun, or pistol. The reasoning that the officer directly talking will understand, but the possible second officer (often a rookie) may only hear one of those key words and not the rest. The article stated you should hand them your card/permit and say something similar to " I have it on me" , or " it's in my waste band".

Do those officers here agree with that?

Only one ticket in my life, 6 miles over the limit on 64 in Va heading from Richmond to Chesapeake, cop was nice enough but still gave me a ticket. I never had a cop pull me over other than that, I think the advice above is good advice on telling them you have a ccw permit then wait til they ask if you are carrying.

i went to court today, plead noit guilty to a imprudent and unneccesary speed. talk to d.a. later :( i am guilty though either way , 3 gears of rubber in the stang with the street tires on :laugh: whoops

Happy you didn't get that ticket. Good on you for having such a clean record.

I was reading that when notifying an officer of your CCW that you should avoid words like weapon, armed, gun, or pistol. The reasoning that the officer directly talking will understand, but the possible second officer (often a rookie) may only hear one of those key words and not the rest. The article stated you should hand them your card/permit and say something similar to " I have it on me" , or " it's in my waste band".

Do those officers here agree with that?
I'd rather not know, but when I walk up and both hands are on the wheel I usually say where's the weapon :laugh: When notified I just ask that they not touch it. :whistle:

In Illinois there is no cc permit...so if you have one, you probably won't tell me. :laugh:

Back