Top Speed, Pulled Over, Didn’t Go to Jail?

I ran across a new C8 Corvette one day and we hit it around 80 (I dropped 3 gears) and we stayed hooked together up to 140 or so when my tankbag started to move. Didn’t take very long. :cool: He got the hit and started a couple cars ahead and never pulled away. I’m sure he had the base model which churns out under 500 hp somewhere.

I ran across a new C8 Corvette one day and we hit it around 80 (I dropped 3 gears) and we stayed hooked together up to 140 or so when my tankbag started to move. Didn’t take very long. :cool: He got the hit and started a couple cars ahead and never pulled away. I’m sure he had the base model which churns out under 500 hp somewhere.
When racing cars they dominate the high speed stuff. Our aerodynamics are horrible compared to a sleek car like a Vette or stuff like that. Especially when the car has the power to punch through the air.
If we start lower speed our gearing and power to weight will help us jump out on them tho.

Hi. They are just msking a Ford run better. As bach in the 90"s we put chevy pistons, BB Chevy crank trigger and a Chevy Power Glide in an 84 Mustang up dated to 1990 body work. With that we set both ends of a Super Stock NHRA Nathional record. We also won a National NHRA SS race. We just fixed a few of the Fords faults.
Ford finally made an engine worth a crap with the coyote. So now all the fan bois are getting wet over that.

Yeah Ford made several good engines prior to the coyote, the hypo 289 in the GT350 and Cobra, the 427 side oiler in the GT40, Cobra and others. Their 429 hemi wasn’t bad either.
Ya they were good in the 70s I suppose. By today's standards they are beyond obsolete. The Windsor based engines are super good too with aftermarket blocks and what not.

You suppose eh? I’d give my left one for one of the original elephants like this.

IMG_0157.png

Ya based off the coyote. All their parts will bolt up and vice versa. They are coyote based engines.
Makes sense.....

I remember the 4.6L and 5.4L engines were related but the 5.4 had all sorts of ugly issues

When I bought my last F-150 one of the mechanics talked me out of getting one with the 5.4 as they spend a lot of time with him in the bay...

Makes sense.....

I remember the 4.6L and 5.4L engines were related but the 5.4 had all sorts of ugly issues

When I bought my last F-150 one of the mechanics talked me out of getting one with the 5.4 as they spend a lot of time with him in the bay...
Hi. 5 yeary ago I bought a used 1999 F 150 with a 4.6 4 wheel drive and about 135000 miles on it sat a lot and was rotted guite abit. The motor let go at 163000. I had it 3yrs I only payed $500.00 for it.

Hi. 5 yeary ago I bought a used 1999 F 150 with a 4.6 4 wheel drive and about 135000 miles on it sat a lot and was rotted guite abit. The motor let go at 163000. I had it 3yrs I only payed $500.00 for it.
I knew a guy in our unit that had a new '02 F150 with the 4.6 and he had over 300,000kms on it and it ran perfectly...he beat it up in the bush so the body was getting rough though....

He had the usual issues of the 4X4 acting up once in a while......in comparison his friend had a new '02 Silverado and everything that could go wrong with it did.....the engine was great but the electronics and body fell apart.......hard.....

I knew a guy in our unit that had a new '02 F150 with the 4.6 and he had over 300,000kms on it and it ran perfectly...he beat it up in the bush so the body was getting rough though....

He had the usual issues of the 4X4 acting up once in a while......in comparison his friend had a new '02 Silverado and everything that could go wrong with it did.....the engine was great but the electronics and body fell apart.......hard.....
Hi. I now have a 2005 Dodge Dakota with the Magmum V8. 4 WD with 158000 miles. I payed FREE. I have had it for 3 years I have only about $175.00 in to it so far. The 4 WD workes all the time now. I will try to fix it soon. It will need front and rear brakes soon. I got a new battery $210.00 i got a blem for $55.00 patched the exhaus replaced the front muffler with a stright pipe.

This race right here was me vs a c6z06 built motor with a ysi blower. Making right at 1000 wheel. I gave him the hit and was running him down when all of a sudden I thought we were getting abducted by aliens lol. The helicopter was on us, with the brightest light ever lol
Clocked us at 171 in a 65 we pulled over fully ready to get arrested. And we were about to! Cops were storming in all around us. But good ol dangerous Albuquerque saved the day! Some dumb ass was shooting at another cop a few blocks away so everyone took off to go after the higher priority crime and told us to go home and they never wanna see us on the streets again. Definitely got super lucky that day.
I wanna be in the bike beating world with a vette I should be there soon.

Back