Got pulled over yesterday

Big Bo

Registered
Got pulled over by a city cop. He walked up to my door I raised my arms up with palms facing the officer and said, officer, I am a licensed CCW carrier and I am armed. He said OK. Do you know the speed limit? I said yes. He asked what is it? I said 30mph. He said you were going 37mph. Don`t move, stay right here. I was sweating. I have not hadd a ticket in over 30 years. He dealt with the other car and came back towards me. He was at the back of my truck for a few minutes and came back. Talked to me about the speed in the neighborhood. Then said, do me a favor, keep it down. HE LET ME GO!!!! I thanked him. WOW!!! Lucky me. And a Cop in a good mood.:please:

Wonder what would have happened if you had jumped off your bike all hot and talked smack at him ???

kromdom said:
No doubt your demanor/behavior/attitude helped A LOT. :thumbsup:

+2
Seems to be something with the ccw. Everytime I have had a convo that started with I am armed and have a ccw permit, it has always been very pleasent and more times than not the leo thanked me for the way I presented it.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Sometimes its overwhelming to deal with someone who doesn't cuss you while threatening to look your mother, sister, and daughter up. :laugh:

Seven over, someone in the neighborhood with pull has been complaining :whistle:

Residential area. Speed limit is 25mph. 12mph over the limit. So glad I did not get a ticket.

Maybe the CCW had something to do with it. Either way, again, I thank the officer.

"Wonder what would have happened if you had jumped off your bike all hot and talked smack at him" That was me about 38 years ago. I have grown.
Ain`t as "STUPID" as I once was. :please:

True, true.

In the CCW class we were instructed if pulled over, to notify the officer when one is armed, as it is State Law. Comply, be nice, cross ones fingers. And don`t make any quick, fast or sudden moves. Treat the officer with respect, and you should be treated like wise.

That is I think because you were honest upfront and respectful of his right to safety that he let you off.
If he had had to ask you about any weapons and you not volunteered it he may have been different. Respect earns respect.

37 in a 30....he was fishing for something good and you were not it, so he let you go. :whistle:

Thats awesome and glad you remembered to tell him i had a cop flip out last year when i wasnt carrying and got pulled over for not telling him until he got up to the bike even though my hands were on my helmet the whole time, my response was "ummm i have to warn you in advance when im not armed?" yeah he flipped out on me and wrote me a ticket for my plate even though it wasnt what he pulled me over for. He didnt like where it was mounted but when i went to the magistrate the magistrate looked at it and laughed and dropped the ticket and then she had me come in and fill out a complaint against the officer, i guess it was like the 10th time he had harassed a motorcyclist about stupid things and wrote them a ticket.

Got pulled once on a bike thati had just bought and got running. Of course there was no tag on it. Officer asked my what i did wrong i told him it had ot be a seat belt thing. He laughed and aske for my paper work. Long story short no ticket but followed me home where we talked for a while aobut bikes. Now he rides with us quite often.

in pa you are not required to notify... discussion im sure if its prudent im sure. also unless they notify you of what crime they suspect you of committing...you don't have to show id... or your license to carry fire arms... its defined by the supreme court as harassment (reference to either open carry or concealed)

Back