Got pulled over last night.

I was coming home from work the other day cruising about 85 in the HOV lane and in my mirror I see a bike lane hopping through traffic behind me.... as I merged over to get onto another highway this bike comes shooting from another lane and tucks in behind me... my first response is cool, some fun, it appeared to be a sport bike of some sorts... couldn't tell as I was having to focus on traffic, but just as soon as I went to gas it the sun shined on the top of the other riders helmet to reveal a blue topped, gold based 3/4 face helmet... I rolled off the throttle and a LEO pulls up along side of me on one of the new BMW's they are switching over to from the KZ1000's and says "I thought we were going to have some fun for a second" I smiled and said "so did I until I saw who you were". he smiled and took the next off ramp... to close......
Thats rich!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Yep--I learned a long time ago (from police friends), that being polite, and courteous goes a long way.  Glad you didn't get the ticket.
Sometimes it's all it takes.
There are some real hard azzes who don't have a clue what professional discretion is. I know, I work with a few.
I will say though, if you jet you have just thrown all the discretion right out the window.
Just my $.02

TDuck, glad you had a fortunate encounter. You know anything about Mt Washington (?) ride in June?
Yes,
The MT Washington Ride to the clouds is Thursday Jnne 15th during bike week.
It's closed to 4 wheel traffic that day.
It's sort of just a parade thing .
Those Harleys have real tough time on the dirt, rocks, steep grades and turns, seen quite a few riders tip over on that run over the years.
If you really want to ride to a Mountain top we will do the Toll Road on Mt Mansfield in Stowe.

here in Medford, Oregon we have several back roads with no speed limits, that's where I have my fun.

when you run you risk more than your license you risk your life and the life of those around you. i lost a good friend because he did not want a ticket. be carefull

I got pulled over today. A couple of younger guys was riding along beside me in a car and kept wanting me to get on it, so, I finally did for a short burst , got on the brakes to slow to the speed limit, went around a curve to find a couple of state patrole working a wreck on the side of the road, this is a 4 lane road,anyway, got pasted them and heard something and looked in my mirrow and a county car was catching up to me, I pulled over at once, had my gloves, helmet off and my licences and insurance out before he got out of the car. I told him how it went down and he said he had been follwing us for a while, we had been riding the speed limit, and he said he was just giving me a warning. Then went on to look at my bike and tell me he used to have a GSXR 750 and knew how it was to want to get on it every now and then and to be carefull. My lucky day. He was in his 40s and a really nice guy.

Just curious,and you left this part out..
Was he older than you,younger,rookie,Sr. officer....toe tag age???
To me, this may mean a lot to how future events turn out.
32- 35 years of age, 5'8" 180-185 lbs.
Mid-Grade Patrol officer I would guess.( works 2nd shift) 6 P.M. pull over time.

I most cases the officers just want to slow you down...They don't even have the intent of writing a citation unless you give them cause...Just be polite/courteous and in many cases it will be returned to you...
Good to know.
On our journey last Thursday we passed 5 patrol cars between
9:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. all in Vt.
1st encounter: VT Rt 9 between Wilimgton and Woodford, Vt .
2 DMV Suv's with a 18 wheeler pulled over going the opposite direction.
Partner and me where doing 90 + passing legally( except for the speed).
Outcome: slight look over.
2nd encounter: Rt 9 between Woodford and Bennington.
(4 minutes later) 7 miles.
12% Down grade out of the MTN's for 5 miles, a new bridge is going in at the end. They have a sign warning 2.5 miles back saying to slow the heck down. ( Construction Zone)
We cross a temporary portable girder bridge that isn't any wider than a Bay window.
Bennington County Sheriff is on the other side, with his lights on waiting for us to cross to persue the car going the opposite way.
Outcome : Never looked back, he had caught his fish already(Double fines for those "Zones".) We where under the limit.
3rd encounter:
Major Intersection of Rt's 30, 100, 11 , in South Londenderry,VT.
Traffic is backed up everywhere on both sides of the bridge.
Roll thru to the front and ask the police chief which way the nearest bridge open over the river was.
He goes "do you boys mind taking dirt roads ? "
I say "no" and he gives me the way around the accident scene.
"2 rights and a left ,and your back rolling North on Rt 100.
Outcome : I say" thanks chief "and we roll out.
( Directions where perfect by the way. )
4th encounter:
Hancock Vt Rt 100 N.
Doing probably 70 mph coming into the outskirts of town.
Not in the 35 mph Zone yet but close.
Local unmarked 1 or 2 car force is going the other way and flashes us.
Instantly down to 25 m.p.h.
Outcome: Nothing.
5Th encounter:
Another 10 miles up Vt Rt 100 3 miles southof the town of Warren, Vt we crossed paths with a Washington County Sheriff runing radar in the opposite direction and I nodded to him and he nodded back.
Outcome: Turn it back-up to 90 in a 50 of course.
So all that I can hope is to stay within the spirit of the speed laws, if not actually staying below them.

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148249308 -->

Sounds like there are alot of boys in blue that are pretty cool out there. Hope when my day comes I meet one of them...

the problem with my neck of the woods is a lil group of riders that go by the name "starboyz".  there is a particular route that they run all summer and most of fall and i happens to be right down the road from my house.  these guys think they are invincible.  and its funny cause u usually hear of atleast 1 dying per week ( dyin isnt funny but there mentallity is).  so with that being said.....  the 5-0 around here are just waitin for us to make a minor slip up so that they can throw us the book.  plus, there isnt much that goes on in this town to keep them occupied so they sit and run radar quite frequently.  

i did have an encounter though when i was back in my home town of cincy.  was late at night and my buddies and i pulled over to rest for a sec in the parking lot of a bar that my father established cause my buddy was on a new bike and was saddle sore.  so we sit for about 10 mins just shootin the sh!t and we fire up the bikes and get ready to pull out.as soon as that happens, 2 cops pull in and we immediately kill the engines and proceed to cooperate with them. with me being the out of towner they decided they wanted to bust my balls the most.  but anyhow, they ran my info and they came back stating that i did not have a motorcycle endorsement.  i looked at them in complete shock because the big M is under the endorsement section on my DL.  so after pleading my case for about 10 mins, they finally let me go.  they said the system only showed me as having a DL and thats all.  my buddy was riding with his permit and in KY u cant ride after dark on a permit.  well, they ran his info and it came back as him only having a motorcycle liscense.  but, overall, being polite does help out quite a bit.  i know speakintg with cops that would work detail shifts at my old nightclub they hate writing citations unless absolutely needed.

<!--EDIT|ozzy04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148333238 -->

Back