What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Spark Plugs and block off plates. (Pics posted later tonight)
Props to @Scooby315: you were right ... about everything.
And the vid you suggested/linked was a big help. Harvest the gasket and frame holding the reed assembly, but ditch the reeds themselves and the screws, then reinstall with new plates. Easy Peasy.
Now I need to find another excuse not to meet Wuzza in Reno.

Uh, Reno is 60 miles north of Topaz Lake. :D

Now it’s off with the rearsets to powder coating. Anyone know a good way to get those anti vibration bushings out of the rearsets without tearing them up?. :banana:

I pressed the bushings out of the rearsets with no damage but the powdercoater said it wasn’t necessary. He said rubber can go in the ovens but plastics will melt.

Not really what I did to my bike other than sticking up for it.

Just out checking the mail (community mailbox) and a neighbour (HD rider) was checking his at the same time.

He said, "how's your 'Jap Crap' running?" I said "not bad, probably much better than your Pig, or is it Hog?"

I went on to further say-"I see you got a new SUV...sure looks like a Toyota..you do know where they are made right?"

He said "yeah, but it's just a cage"

I said "for a really ugly monkey too"

We both had a good laugh and talked about the weather, the situation in the US and how sick and tired we are of hearing about Covid 19..apparently there is a vaccine now and Canada has ordered millions of syringes

Block Off Plates Installed
Octopus01.png

I thought that maybe a silver hump would look good on mine to match the lowers but I decided against it. Never actually had one to try though. With my black tank cover and black frame I didn’t think it would work. Whaddyathink?View attachment 1620451
I don’t think it would work for your bike with the silver hump because most of the silver is on the lower side. I thought since mine has more blue on the top it would look good, but now I’m leaning towards leaving the silver. This is also why my wife picks out paint for our home, not me! clueless

I don’t think it would work for your bike with the silver hump because most of the silver is on the lower side. I thought since mine has more blue on the top it would look good, but now I’m leaning towards leaving the silver. This is also why my wife picks out paint for our home, not me! clueless
The silver really sets off the bike....the blue hump looks out of place as the tail is all silver except the small stripe which ties the rest of the blue into the tail..

Same HD riding neighbour stopped by while I was out in the garage with the door open. He checked out the Bumblebee up close and asked if he could put a leg over it.

I said "sure" and when he sat on it and got it upright, he was surprised how light it was. He wasn't a big fan of the riding position as it is an acquired taste but said it felt fast just sitting on it.

He asked what CC it was and I told him, he asked about how much power it made and I told him, he was surprised it makes as much torque as it does and I think a bit dubious about the figures.

This is a guy who has never rode anything other than HD and is in his low 50s so is tainted big time. I thought it to be interesting to hear a perspective on the Busa from a die-hard HD guy.

Back