How aggressive do you drive your Busa?

How aggressive are you? (You may choose more than one)

• Total voters
I think I fit into #2.

I don't commute much on the BUSA. My job requires me to drive a company car most of the time.

I like the twisty bits of pavement that can only be found way outside of town. So, when on the BUSA, I usually take it really easy until I can get out there. Even when I'm there, I still ride with a lot of reserve.

Thoughts of my son stay with me, too. I could not imagine not being there for him. It seems as though the older I get, the more I have to lose.

"I have my moments where I act crazy, but I have a healthy respect for the road." <-- that

I've worked too many crashes that resulted because of stupid decisions, many of these are always in the back of my mind when I ride.

For the most part I ride to stay away from traffic. If I come upon a pack of cars together I lay back until I can get through them safely. If I have some come up from behind I will speed up to keep ahead of them. I know this isn't always possible and when I can't avoid I just make sure to stay out of blind spots and bad positions and get away from them as soon as I can.

Then there are the other golden rules. I never pass at or near intersections as people can and often do make rush decisions to turn or pull out into traffic. I never hammer on it to pass a long line of slow traffic. If it's slow chances are someone else is wanting to pass as well. And I never turn it loose or run it hard around other traffic, there is a time and a place and traffic isn't either. And of course, always be aware of where you can go if any particular vehicle makes a sudden move, sure it won't save you every time, but if you have a plan and are aware of your surroundings you are far ahead of most riders. Beyond that wear the gear every time, dress for the crash and pray it never happens. :beerchug:

I've worked too many crashes that resulted because of stupid decisions, many of these are always in the back of my mind when I ride.

For the most part I ride to stay away from traffic. If I come upon a pack of cars together I lay back until I can get through them safely. If I have some come up from behind I will speed up to keep ahead of them. I know this isn't always possible and when I can't avoid I just make sure to stay out of blind spots and bad positions and get away from them as soon as I can.

Then there are the other golden rules. I never pass at or near intersections as people can and often do make rush decisions to turn or pull out into traffic. I never hammer on it to pass a long line of slow traffic. If it's slow chances are someone else is wanting to pass as well. And I never turn it loose or run it hard around other traffic, there is a time and a place and traffic isn't either. And of course, always be aware of where you can go if any particular vehicle makes a sudden move, sure it won't save you every time, but if you have a plan and are aware of your surroundings you are far ahead of most riders. Beyond that wear the gear every time, dress for the crash and pray it never happens. :beerchug:

Back