How do you act at "stoplights"?

(LCB @ Jun. 19 2007,10:50) +1 Spudley - she sounds so sweet!
+1 Spike & VaBuse - I have that "Me First" attitude too...
+1 Shibumi - Safety first
+1 MPH 200 - Love making the kids day - I love the way they smile when you give them a thumbs up!

Commuta - Had a similar experience riding home Sun AM from a wedding... wankers in cars playing games on a 3 lane highway - but I let 'em go 'cause I didn't want to set a bad example... especially since my husband and kids were behind me in the truck.

But there was one time when a carload of guys pulled up next to me and were hanging out of the car windows, grinning like fools - that was funny. I wonder if they would have had the same reaction if they knew the broad on the bike was twice their age...
The ole husband and kids behind me
poke.gif
and yes I think they would have
laugh.gif

(DAB @ Jun. 19 2007,13:55) I jam on the front brake, grab a huge handfull of throttle, maintain a continuous burnout of the rear tire until the light changes, then do a standup wheelie through the lights until the next junction....

But seriously, at traffic lights I'm watching for idiots coming up behind me who don't see motorcycles, idiots who are jumping the red, morons making last-minute lane changes across the solid whites etc. etc.

In other words, I'm trying to stay alive, not impress the loser in the car that does 0-60 in 12 seconds....
Me too
rock.gif
laugh.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 19 2007,20:14) I turn my head, open my visor and stare the driver right in the eyes, then hit the purge for my NOS bottle.

Naw, i don't have the bottle, but i think it would be cool to do.
firedevil.gif
ices_rofl.gif

i was rollin readin these and i think at one time or another ive done every single one LOL
ices_rofl.gif
i play the tank drum or just lean with my arms folded most times. in DC traffic sucks so i chill once i realize everyone has actually come to a stop and not run me over at the light. as for racing i dont know....my bike goes fast every time i release the clutch...i guess my tagline says the rest i kinda just go by knowing they cant keep up

this is my first busa and i'm new to sport bikes. i enjoy riding the speed limit+ on a four lane and when a cage challenges the busa at 60 or 70 i just roll on throttle in 6th gear and all they see is tailights. never rode such a dominant,well balanced,stable,powerful machine in my whole life. i told someone the other day in order to get the performance of a busa in a car-you would have to spend about $500000 on a lambourghini or something. i'm not capable of redlining the busa through the gears. (yet)it's a silly fast machine.

Well, I always at least glance over to see if it might be a cute honey. How can you not use the power of the Busa to your advantage is beyond me.
smile.gif

I never race off the line. I know what I have.
I've seen more dim wits get busted 100 yards up the road coming off the line hot.

I`m also a member on Mercedes AMG board.... I was laughing my ass out when one of the SL65 owners make a big deal of beating Busa.

I offered him raising for pinks and I would use my TL instead of Busa.... he never replied.

My actions can sometimes depend on traffic. If it's real light, I'll pop it in nuetral before I come to a stop. If there's a good deal of traffic... it stays in first till the cars behind me have come to a complete stop.

Once stopped, I usually just straighten my back and relax. I'll browse the traffic going by and whomever's next to me.

I've only shot outta the hole hot a few times going up against a couple would-be fast cars. After which I would feel like an idiot as images of downed riders from the internet go through my head.

I've had to wave off people several times who've asked for a wheelie. Not even if I knew how to do one would I attempt one around traffic... none the less on our F*'d up streets!

NEVAR rev my engine. That's not my thing.

My actions can sometimes depend on traffic. If it's real light, I'll pop it in nuetral before I come to a stop. If there's a good deal of traffic... it stays in first till the cars behind me have come to a complete stop.

Once stopped, I usually just straighten my back and relax. I'll browse the traffic going by and whomever's next to me.

I've only shot outta the hole hot a few times going up against a couple would-be fast cars. After which I would feel like an idiot as images of downed riders from the internet go through my head.

I've had to wave off people several times who've asked for a wheelie. Not even if I knew how to do one would I attempt one around traffic... none the less on our F*'d up streets!

NEVAR rev my engine. That's not my thing.

Not to mention the fact that, at that very moment you're focused on shooting off the line, when in reality, that first 1 to 2 seconds is the time some clown decides to blow the red light. Homey don't play at intersection.
bowdown.gif

Two words.  Air guitar.  
beerchug.gif

You know, play a little something for the ladies.  Show people how much fun I'm having.  Don't listen to music while riding, just sing and dance a little jig while crusing.  
Maybe that's just me.  
crazy.gif

But I'm all for showing people what speed is, and I've never even had to use second gear.  They floor it, I do the easy take off, let em get just far enough ahead, and float that front tire a couple inches as you go by.  They get the idea.  Never raced a bike though.  
Disclaimer: Only under perfect conditions, without impressionable (or powerful) witnesses.
poke.gif

The only cars I will play with are super cars and muscle cars. Even then I let them give me a show while I ease off the line.

I was trying to figure out why someone blowing the light doesn't concern me.

It dawned on me that every single light here works the same. The last traffic to go before the lane you are in (as long as you are in the straight lane) is the traffic turning left from oncoming traffic. You can always see who is coming and where from. That is, unless someone at a complete stop at a redlight just decides to go. Then I am just screwed.

Is this the same everywhere in California?

Usually just stair straight ahead ... dont make eye contact with cars next to me, unless of course they rev their engine at me, but that doesnt happen too often.
biggrin.gif

Stretch the legs, arms ... that kind of stuff.

Also always keep an eye on the mirrors just in case, dont want to get rear ended.
wink.gif

Back