How do you act at "stoplights"?

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious about how my fellow .orgers react at stop lights next to cars... especially performance cars like vettes or beemer M3's, etc...

Do you guys look over ready to race or do you not even look over at all?

Hey, this doesn't only pertain to performance cars... this also matters as far as any car/truck that is next to you at a stop light.

Here's what I do; I just roll lightly in 1st and let the car dictate my speed. I don't jack my wrist UNLESS the driver next to me thinks he want 'to run me' from the start.... even though he or she probably has no idea what a busa is and that I could blow their car right off the map IF I grabbed the gas.

So.... how do you guys deal with ALL cars at stop lights?

I just ride normally... and take off at a reasonable speed. I don't try to race (because I know I'll win anyway).

I guess I made this post just because I want to see what my fellow busa riders think about this whole situation....

(do we want cars/other bikes to pull from us from a start even though we were not even riding fast or even trying at all?)

I ask this Q just to be sure I'm not letting down other busas by letting a 99 Ford Ranger pull me at a traffic light. Of course... I let him. Obviously. That's just an example of how I ride sometimes. I'll let lesser vehicles pull me from the 'green' because I know that I can just give a lil' twist and take them over and then some just by grabbing the gas. So... I guess I'm the type of rider that'll give the cars or whatever else is next to me the chance to decide what to do... then, later, I'll put the throttle to work and just hum by them.........

But....

... that's just me.

at the stoplight i mind my own business. out on the road in the clear away from traffic if someone wants a shot at the title i give them the chance.
the ranger crowd aka too furious to be fast crowd. generally just want to see you take off like lighting they know what you can do.

I lean over on my tank bag with my arms crossed, and unless someone is actually getting my attention, I'm watching light changes and the occasional moto ride by..........I'm too busy listening to the motor most of the time !!!!
super.gif

I look over to see if there are any cute girls in the car, but that's about it
smile.gif
. As far as giving them a race, I don't even bother. No matter how fast they pull off from the light I simply cruise.

I normally don't race cars. Its just not any fun. I barely redline 2nd gear before I realize they have already given up.
blush.gif

Same as Spudley, arms crossed leaning across the tank just listening to her purr and waving at the other scoots.

Actually being in California I am almost always at the front between two vehicles so I always take off like a rocket to get out in front. I leave no chance of anyone trying to cut me off as I try to glide into a lane.

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 19 2007,07:44) I look over to see if there are any cute girls in the car, but that's about it
smile.gif
. As far as giving them a race, I don't even bother. No matter how fast they pull off from the light I simply cruise.

I normally don't race cars. Its just not any fun. I barely redline 2nd gear before I realize they have already given up.
blush.gif
What Nightcrawler said...
wink.gif

I'm too busy checking my mirrors for idiots and looking around at other idiots (drivers) to interact with anyone...

Just wait for the light to change. I will wave if there are little kids staring.

As much as I'd love to rip it open at EACH AND EVERY FREAKIN stop light, I nearly always ride calm quiet and sedated. My goal being to be the ANTI-SQUID and give sport bikers a GOOD name. Trying to be the exact polar opposite of the hooligan, that most people see, and that deep inside I truly want to be [and often are outside of town away from traffic, judgemental eyes, and police, on the race track....]

ditto what nightcrawler and the cuties! i just look maybe blow a kiss to the cute girls then just cruise away calmly. they always wave as the go by , i love it
beerchug.gif

nah,theres no reason for that nonsense,i do however,like to get in front just so no one has the oppertunity to cut me off but why beat your bike for a ford ranger???
all_coholic.gif

Check mirrors,never rev it just idle.Leaving a stop light,I always leave cagers.Busa or VTX.With very little throttle.Cagers never try to mess with the busa.But on the VTX,I've had a few guys try to push me around.Both times I came of the clutch easy,then just twist it.Hit 2nd between 30-35 and the race was already over.I bet they didn't tell there buddies about getting spanked by a 60-63rwhp 80ft lbs of torque v-turd.Never lasted over 60mph,would jump them to bad on the twist.

I don't care who's next to me, as long as I'm first in line to go when the light turns green...I hate being behind traffic
biggrin.gif

I do what most others do... sit waiting... leaning on tank... checking mirrors.. looking for idiots... wave at young kids... I always let the bagers jump the green.. better them than me out in the intersection in the event that something bad happens. I'll scoot past them after the light only because I don't trust ridding behind them.

If a cager treies to make the point of going faster than me... I'll just roll it on so they can stay ahead until about 70-80 and then I'll just drop back a safe distance from them... let them worry about the speed traps. It also gives me enough of a buffer with him speeding ahaead and the rest of the traffic behind.

Back