How do you protect yourself

Avoid first, shoot as a last resort. In WA you can use deadly force to protect property. That law was tested a couple of years ago. There haven't been as many car jackings since.

Avoid first, shoot as a last resort. In WA you can use deadly force to protect property. That law was tested a couple of years ago. There haven't been as many car jackings since.

I agree. And we have similar laws in Florida. The law states you have a right to use deadly force to prevent a forcible felony, which includes robbery, burglary, arson, and even stalking, along with any crime that involves the use or threat of violence against another. I personaly carry a Glock 36, and I'm prepared to use it to protect myself and my loved ones.

All that said, are there really problems with people knocking guys off bikes and then taking off? Like someone else stated, he would have to be a pretty strong and fast dude to knock a guy off (paticularly my 220+lbs self), and then pick up a 500+lbs bike and ride off. I figure it's alot more likely to have a gun pulled and be told to get off the bike.

Great question, I carry a 16 shot 9mm auto in my tankbag. I strongly suggest you wear full gear, sit on your bike in a closed garage and practice accessing the weapon into a combat response (with gloves on). Also, for example, I am puting my kickstand down while making ready the weapon. This procedure doesn't preclude the option of a burnout to escape either! In one second you gotta weigh the options.

Not to sound too dramatic but remember...."The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war". Raydog

Heay Doyle.........Remind Me NOT too PISS YOU OFF ok :laugh:

I just Give them that LOOK...........:mad2:

Then they usually walk away..........Usually :whistle:

I know some people are just stupid wanna be thugs and will do just about anything. Its just too easy to steal a bike with noone on it.
- Motorcycle stolen in 60 seconds[/url]

i know this is smaller bike than a busa but still. trying 2 steal a bike with someone on it is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course if they grab you or shove you, then they ARE attacking you. I really wouldn't wait to find out if they're just shoving me to take my bike before I did anything. I they attack me, then they're:firing: Swiss Cheese :laugh:

shredded cheese brother!!:thumbsup:

All I can say is be aware of your surroundings. That gun play is your option...
but I know of a few laid to rest with the same mindset, You can call out your
model & caliber all you want but when & if a jacker run's up let's see who's left standing when the smoke clears. Why would you risk over an object?
That's what insurance is for, Just give it up.

+ 1

i dont have a CCW but i plan on getting a handgun soon and keeping it in the hump or in my pocket. i was signed up to take the class but when i seen the list of places you COULNT take it i decided not to take the class. i was told if you get caught with it like a resturant that has a serves alcohol and you have a CCW you would be in alot more trouble then you would if didn't. i am going to just take my chances and carry it in the hump and everywhere i go. id rather be caught with it, then without it... i think

what happens if i get pulled and i say i have a gun in the hump and hand him the key BUT i dont have a ccw?

I carry me to protect myself. I was trained to box, then took up kick boxing.

At 230lbs, I would say I am a weapon.

If that fails, there is always the option of a .40 cal Glock.

wow didn't think this post would actually get so many responses from the org family. A lot of advice useful advice to take in. I agree with knowing your surrounding first and foremost after that I'm gonna have to give it a bit more thought.

"buy guns,buy gold,buy amo" sounds like a ORG theme is this subject

In all cases, if pulled over, I suggest you tell the officer that you have the piece and where it is. If it's burried in the bottom of a Gold Wing travel trunk...I don't think telling is as important as if you are wearing it! Anyways, this is a meaningful topic and since it sounds like we org people "are heavily armed", we should know what to say to law enforcement if the situation ever arises.
One more quickie (I'm sorry, being retired LEO makes me think of this stuff) if you get involved in a shooting before LE arrives....DECHAMBER YOUR WEAPON AND PUT IT BACK IN THE TANK BAG. If units are arriving, PUT THE WEAPON ON THE GROUND BY YOUR FEET AND GET YOUR HANDS IN THE CLEAR. Not to tell old stories, but it's a big safety move! Raydog

Great advice!

Here's something I've been wondering. As previously pointed out, if the ammo is seperated from the gun (as it's supposed to be when in a vehicle) then it's pretty much useless. If you get stopped and declare you're carrying a loaded weapon, what can the penalty be?

COMMON SENSE BEFORE THE GLOCK .:laugh:
Just curious i've been hearing a lot about people riding down the street and stopping at a light or sign and having someone come up and knock them off their bike and taking it. Does anyone carry a weapon knife or gun etc to protect themselves from such things? Just curious if i'm putting myself at risk more then others?

All I can say is be aware of your surroundings. That gun play is your option...
but I know of a few laid to rest with the same mindset, You can call out your
model & caliber all you want but when & if a jacker run's up let's see who's left standing when the smoke clears. Why would you risk over an object?
That's what insurance is for, Just give it up.

OK, I wasn't gonna say any more....but I'm going to. Why would I take a risk over an object? Well, because the Marines and law enforcement training both instilled in me the value of not letting myself become a victim.
One time I was riding my bicycle to work into an innercity police station and 4 gang bangers in a car pulled up next to me, displayed a knife and said "give me your bicycle boy". Later that night all four of them were booked for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. I took the knife from him (he was leaning out of the window) and stuck my 6" .357 Python into his mouth, drug him out of the car and handcuffed him. The other 3 were arrested by CHP two blocks away.
I'm not saying how "bad" I am, I just think that I'm not the only one on the org that would react in that way. I believe that too many of us roll over and let the forces of evil have their way....that just isn't part of my values.

It doesn't have to be about standing on the corner after getting beat up, then calling State Farm later. The great thing is, each of us can react to a combat situation the way we choose.

Oh, the funny thing? When I got to work later, I was assigned jailer that evening....AND I BOOKED THE FOUR DIRTBAGS. It's not often that the victim becomes the bad guys' jailer!
Raydog

I try not to put myself into ANY of those bad situations...

If I have to defend myself, I will use whatever I have at my disposal...G21 has been known to travel with me :whistle:

if a normal citizen shoots and kills an unarmed man in the street they are probably going to prison. it does not matter if they insulted u, struck you, pushed u, or whatever. if you are sitting on a motorcycle then u just need to take off. keep an out at all times. make sure noone is following u. just try your best to stay out of bad situations. and if you pay x dollars a month for full coverage u may as well use it vs. killing someone trying to ask u directions or whatever

Florida's "Castle Doctrine".........from gunlaws.com

On March 23, 2005, The Florida Senate passed SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" unanimously, by a vote of 39 YEAS to zero NAYS. They know something about this bill.

On April 5, The Florida House passed SB-436, "Castle Doctrine" by a vote of 94 YEAS to 20 NAYS, a margin of better than four to one.

On April 26, Governor Jeb Bush SIGNED SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" into law (Chapter No. 2005-27) It takes effect on October 1, 2005.

The news media nationwide started in immediately with its “Gunshine State,â€￾ blood in the streets, Dirty Harry, vigilante, irrational mass murder nonsense, mythologies, lies and blatant unethical behavior.

A great deal of erroneous information has been written, published and spoken about Florida's new "Castle Doctrine" law.

Claims that the new law will turn Florida into the Wild West are not only an insult to intelligent people but give a patently false portrait of what the bill actually does.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

SO -- is this the impression you got from the news? Why not? Aren’t media people impartial purveyors of objective facts, with no bias or spin, faithfully and accurately reporting the news? Everyone who believes that’s an accurate description of the news media please raise your hand. See? No hands go up. Despite their protests otherwise, the news media has, in general, and especially with respect to gun issues, become an outrageous purveyor of agenda-driven nonsense on the dark side of the force.

Unless I am at a track racing I wear jeans. Inside the waist band sits a loaded 1911 .45 cal with duty rounds in it. 7 + 1. I have a valid CA CCW, UT CCW and MN CCW which those 3 pretty much cover that majority of the US that allows CCW's.

Of course my 255 lbs@ 6'2" usually scares of most people, but like it has been said many times now be aware of your surroundings and ALWAYS leave yourself and escape path!

Back