How aggressive do you drive your Busa?

How aggressive are you? (You may choose more than one)

• Total voters
I shake my head whenever I see the guys riding car bumpers and zigzagging in and out of traffic....they make us all look bad because non-riders tend to group us all in the same crappy bunch..as a menace on the roads. I tend to think that Darwin will take care of the tailgater types. It is great to have fun on our rides but there is a time and place for everything...when I get a wide open area with no hiding spots for the police cruisers I won't hesitate in cracking it but in heavy traffic or when there are people around that I can influence I stick with the rules of the road (in general) and play it safe.

I dont exceed 20mph over the posted speed limits:whistle: stay under 6000 RPM in city/hwy is on the respectful side... I "share the road" attitude... not my lane.. I usually can keep both tires on ground 100% in city/public. Respect the bike and thee fellow neighbors and drivers. Avoid laying it down... instead have patience... :rofl:

you dont get a sweet custom-plastics job like this riding in the slow lane alla time....:whistle:

brokebackBusa 012.JPG

I ride like a grandpa (which I am :)) until I get out of town into the twisties, and then, :whistle:

I shake my head whenever I see the guys riding car bumpers and zigzagging in and out of traffic....they make us all look bad because non-riders tend to group us all in the same crappy bunch..as a menace on the roads. I tend to think that Darwin will take care of the tailgater types. It is great to have fun on our rides but there is a time and place for everything...when I get a wide open area with no hiding spots for the police cruisers I won't hesitate in cracking it but in heavy traffic or when there are people around that I can influence I stick with the rules of the road (in general) and play it safe.

I also tone it WAY down when I have a rider. Granted there are times when I'm riding alone that I'm probably a bit too overzealous, but those are few and far between these days.

livin in Bakersfield you have all kinds of bike riders. Most of the HD guys ride like animals. Loud pipes dont save lives, they piss people off!!!! My RS-3 Yosh is not bad, but then your not gonna hear me screaming through traffic. I stay sane on the Highway and in the city. I will how ever open it up when I have to! (55mph drivers in fast lane:banghead:) I am actually afraid of lifting a wheel so I always have both tires on the ground. Wife and 4 kids keep my head on my shoulders.

I treat others how I want to be treated. In short I ride like Gramps in traffic, but I'll be leaving rubber in the canyons and mountain roads. :thumbsup:

last time i blasted by another bike he was fighting so hard to catch me that when i slowed to turn he rear ended me...thus my rashed plastics...and that guy is an idiot..lol

We all have our moments.....heck, face it, we wouldn't be busa owners if we didn't. I choose my time to play and my time to ride sanely and within the limits of the law. In a nutshell, I never speed or horse around within city limits or on crowded highways. We here in northern Nevada are lucky to have more than our fair share of mountain twisties with low traffic for those sometime "frisky" moments!

Last edited:
I don't like to follow traffic so I work my way through it with respect and then I move on. Prefer twisties to straight aways and like riding alone or a small group 1 or 2. Gotta watch out for the blue hairs and the tourists.:laugh:

When other vehicles are around I like to match their speed and then go a little faster than the average speed. If I'm caught in a blind spot or passing a semi, I'll zip ahead of them. Mostly pretty tame riding all things considered. I also like to ride with a friend. He has an Intruder so I keep my speed down so we don't lose each other.

When no one else in on the road with me, I never break the law
....the law of physics. :laugh:

I find it interesting that option 3 has hovered right above 50% throughout the entire thread. I think this is highly scientific!!! :laugh:

last time i blasted by another bike he was fighting so hard to catch me that when i slowed to turn he rear ended me...thus my rashed plastics...and that guy is an idiot..lol

I was in a group ride one time and not looking far enough up a road and was almost that guy. Ended up flying off the shoulder down a ditch at 20-25mph. Just following the person in front of you can get you caught up. The 2 bikes in front of me nearly rear ended a bike that was turning right ahead of us, and because I wasn't paying enough attention I nearly bit me.

In NC I have watched 2 different accidents where 2 riders practically followed one another into a crash. Target fixation can be a terrible thing.

I've been to Orlando many of times and they drive pretty aggressive on the highway...

Between Miami and Orlando I have seen some of the most hair brained, insane speed reckless driving stunts of my life. That said nothing to be proud but from time to time I was apart of it.

Moving to an area with mostly back roads and much stricter traffic control are part of some of the reason's I have slowed my butt down. Realizing riding tomorrow is a whole lot better then wadding the bike up today. Was the key though. If right before you do something take a second and make sure what your doing is heading towards that goal, your on the right path.

Last edited:
I rode balls to wall untill i woke up in the woods with my ribs in my left lung, and my bike tore up. now trailor it to the drag stip and run the hell out of it! I ride my vtx on the street. no need to run it hard, after riding the busa it feels like a slug! :rofl:

I would say I ride cautiously. I love that throtel up to about 90, only time I usually go over that is if I'm in a blind spot. Highway I ride at like 80-90 back roads try to keep it to like 50-60 and what ever I can handle on the corners, don't really pay attention on the corners. I still concider myself a new ridder, but I think I do alright I only have about a 1/4 in to 3/8 of an in of unused tire on the back of my bike. I usually try not to ride in heavy traffic, but when I do I try and stay put unless the person in frunt of me is driveing like an a** I will get around them. I need to make it home to my wife and 2 dogs.

I try to ride about 10-15mph faster then traffic around me, it tends to keep me out of trouble........

x2, at least when I am by myself or a few of my buddies that are comfortable "moving" through traffic. otherwise in larger groups/with buddies that aren't comfortable moving through traffic I ride pretty tame.

I used to ride kinda with the flow but it seems when you "blend" with traffic nobody sees you.

since I have been riding 10 over what traffic is doing I seem to get "almost run over" a lot less because as I move through traffic people tend to see you better.......even if it is just to say "look at this idiot" at least they saw me.

I dont usually ride like a complete idiot but I like to be constantly moving through traffic to be more visible and you get to choose which idiot you are riding next to. I have found that you can usually see what someone is going to do before they know what they are going to do if you pay close attention, and adjust your speed/spacing/position accordingly.

Back