How do you protect yourself

It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be

oklahoma has a 'duty to retreat" and I think most states do but i am not sure

Great advice!

Here's something I've been wondering. As previously pointed out, if the ammo is seperated from the gun (as it's supposed to be when in a vehicle) then it's pretty much useless. If you get stopped and declare you're carrying a loaded weapon, what can the penalty be?

There is no stipulation in Florida stating ammo has to be seperate during conveyance. It must be securely encased. That can be glove box, a box with a lid, console(:thumbsup:)...not under the seat, between your legs, etc. Basically not readily available.

My theory....if you are going to carry, either CCW or in your glovebox, wherever, do yourself and the general public a HUGE favor, go to the range and become proficient with the weapon you carry and educate yourself on the laws of your state and others that have reciprocity(sp).

There is no stipulation in Florida stating ammo has to be seperate during conveyance. It must be securely encased. That can be glove box, a box with a lid, console(:thumbsup:)...not under the seat, between your legs, etc. Basically not readily available.

Exactly. There must be three steps before firing, as in 1. open glove box, 2. remove firearm, 3. fire. That only applies if you do not have a concealed carry permit.

My theory....if you are going to carry, either CCW or in your glovebox, wherever, do yourself and the general public a HUGE favor, go to the range and become proficient with the weapon you carry and educate yourself on the laws of your state and others that have reciprocity(sp).

Again, I agree 100%. Learn to hit your target. You don't want to miss and instead kill the innocent kid thats standing behind your intended target. People don't realize just how hard it is to hit a target quickly with a small pistol. Practice draw and fire, or better yet, take a good defensive pistol class like they have at front site or thunder ranch. You will learn more than you can imagine.

Almost happened to me 17 years ago. but was aware of my surroundings and was watching the guy sneeking up on me. when he got close I went forward about 20 ft and looked back. the guy tried playin off like he was wanting to "fix" something for me on my bike:poke: still tried approaching me. I took off. I was only about 17 at the time.

I would install a deadman switch like the one's used at the dragstrip. They knock you off, and you haul ass. Atleast you have a chance. From what I know, people that carjack usually have other people nearby. Don't count on bystanders to help you, cause they won't.

maybe Pushercg can make a Busa version...

- South African Car Flamethrower[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhh....how do "I" protect myself ?????......fast reflexes, total attention, excellent brakes, responsive throttle....and that "I can't quite hear what you are saying expression, with my hand to the side of my helmet....works like a charm....." :oldcool:

I have only heard of a couple instances of "bike jacking"

I think the best defense is just situational awareness and keeping an "out" Riding in places you would not drive is probably not very smart either.. Using a bit of common sense goes a long ways..

A friend of mine who is a police officer gave me a GREAT tip on the "killing the intruder in your home" thing, which i use.

I keep an old 12 gauge by the door that you couldnt miss if you broke into our house and were on the way to the back bedrooms. It's not loaded and even if it was it wouldnt fire. :laugh:

The statement goes a little bit like this:

"well officer, i saw a figure in my bedroom door with what appeared to be a shotgun in his hands, so i fired..."
you should paint the end of the barrell yellow so if they point it at you, you do in fact know its the gun from your door

I always tether my killswitch to me, so if someone knocks me off the bike, well it sucks for them cause it aint gonna go nowhere lol.

Back