how far can you ride with a passanger and still have fun?

My wife gets nervous on the back. She never rode at all before meeting me and I never had a cruiser since I met her so needless to say she's jammed up right into my ass crack and squeezing the life out of me when shes on the back. Im sure she would relax if she had a back rest though. I would say for your ride to Daytona unless you can get some good gear together go by yourself.

It might be easier to pick one up when you get there:laugh: I'd say if the passenger is fun, and not too heavy, I'd go for it, heck you might hit rain delays and need some companionship @ the motel:lol:

I would say for your ride to Daytona unless you can get some good gear together go by yourself.

as of right now i have no gear like back rest or any of that. Really don't want to buy any. A part of me thinks she will be fine since shes rode many many miles on a street glide with me, but the other part has me worried she will feel like shes in hell before we even make it to jacksonville. even I get tired and sore after 500 miles and thats just when i'm riding alone. but then again...its just to get there and get home. The fun will be in daytona.

I don't know what to do. i have to let her know by tomorrow if she should take off work or not

My suggestion is, for the sake of the relationship and everyone's sanity, take a car or truck and trailer/carry the busa down and just ride the busa for all of the local events while you're there. You still get to spend time riding together, you don't have to worry about carrying anything other than your GF on the busa, and you don't have to worry about whether or not she and/or you can do a 600 mile two-up run. Heck, you can even take turns driving on the way down.

I've rode thru the NC mountains with my wife on the back for 250 miles. I was worn out at the end of the day. All the weight moving back and forth. Arms were getting a workout from all the braking I was doing. I was riding with a group so it was hard to do a casual ride by coasting into the corners and such. I've also rode 200 miles mostly hwy and didn't even realize she was back there. Going to Florida with her on the back shouldn't be a problem, just get some soft luggage bags for the clothes.

i would warn her about the down-side and tell her she was welcome if she wanted to try it...if she couldn't handle it part of the way down there, put her on a bus headed for Daytona or home (her choice) and ride on by yourself

Decided to load it up in the back of a truck and drive overnight to jacksonville, get a cheap hotel for the weekend and unload in the morning and ride the 90 miles to daytona and back each day. Not what I wanted to do but like said above she would be able to drive some (or all the way). Plus beats leaving NC at 6am in 30 degree weather.

I think i'll look into getting a backrest for future long rides and see how that works out

Until this year my Busa was never seen without my wife on the back. Miles are no different for me with or without my wife on the back. That's just what I am used to.

Unfortunately this year she has not been doing much riding.

Dont bring the Anchor when you go fishing:poke:

Depends on how well she rides the Busa with you. Ive had 110lbs girls that I couldnt take around the block before it was an issue, others 130 and tall, were good all day. Really depends on her passenger-ing style and abilities :thumbsup:

Me and my gf have done two 700 mile trips, I have no luggage racks she wears a backpack and we cram it full of everything we need :laugh:

Typically a woman that likes you enough and wants to be around you when you decide to go for a ride :)
oh... you know any????:laugh: cause I took a chic for a ride once and had claw marks on my chest that left scars.....:banghead:

Hey it's a HAYABUSA throw a backpack on the girl and just ride the bloody thing, doesn't matter if your solo or 2 up it's still a Busa and it's still fun.:laugh:

i ride more 2 up these days then by myself...my wife is about 140lbs((big rack)) and i we have done about 400 miles in a day and we had no complants other then a little bit of a sore but..

Back