How do you ride while cornering?

Proper foot placement, see how much further I can go and never get close to my foot dragging.

DSC_8089.jpg

I took the day off today so i could catch up o nthings around the house. Hopefully i can get done by 12, then suit up and give this new found knowledge a try.

thanks again guys. the pictures really help.

Jason(werdkat) hasnt been able to ride for the past few weeks due to his knee has been acting up on him.

The pic explains why - look at my toe; just a little more and I'd have been in trouble. Didn't even notice it until I saw the pic, now I'm a little more careful about foot placement.

Is that becasue of the tank bag? You couldn't slide your body more to the left????

ball of the foot always...got lazy once and left my foot under the shifter instead of moving it up in a left hand sweeper, just about had to change my pants when my foot got squished between the shift peg and the road!! not something i wish to experience again!!!

I ride on the balls of my feet when cornering and keep them there when I'm riding aggressivly. Otherwise for riding normal or cruising I'm on the flat of my feet.

Funny you say that, I did drag a little peg last year at the dragon. :laugh: Scared me the first time I did it.

LOL, yea, the first time i dragged my knee at the track, it scared the crap out of me. Then after that initial diaper changing, I was good to go! LOL

20080605b125s.jpg

one thing i've often wondered is if you have that much of thetire onthe track while leaning that far over.....why doesnt the bike come out from under you? seems in my mind that that small amount of tire on the track wouldnt give alot of grip.

one thing i've often wondered is if you have that much of thetire onthe track while leaning that far over.....why doesnt the bike come out from under you? seems in my mind that that small amount of tire on the track wouldnt give alot of grip.

You mean like this :beerchug:

Spies.jpg

Spies is a monkey! I swear he needs elbow pucks when he rides. He is sick!

But yes, balls of the feet unless shifting.

Actually, If you look at a tire that's made for our type of bike, Moto GP, AMA etc... there is more of the tire patch contacting the road when cornering, than when riding in a strait line, ie greater control in the corners. That's why when we run 1/4 mile drags, we'll take air out of our rear tires to get more of a contact patch for the strait line runs. If you what to see the limits of cornering and a save; check out Collin Edwards "The Save" on You Tube, Great stuff.:thumbsup:

Back