foot scraping

BusaFbaby

Registered
Got a question. It happens to me sometimes when I'm in a corner leaned over that my foot scrapes the ground before anything else comes close. Is this normal or just bad riding position or bad foot position. I usually have my heel on the peg when this happens and the toe part on the bottom of my shoe scrapes the ground. I also wear a size 14 and that might have something to do with it too lol

Bad foot position put the ball of your foot on the pegs rather the peg being at the middle of your foot.
I had the same issue before I learned proper foot poistion..

boot.jpg

what they said....I used to do that too and it doesnt take much especially if ur bike is lowered...I wondered how the racers got away with it and learned foot positioning ...do a track day, does wonders for your riding all the way around

Tires now days have such amazing grip that clearance issues have become common place. Most avid track riders and all (With few exceptions) racers install adjustable pegs and raise them higher than stock height. Some aftermarket pegs have a notche cut into them marking the proper place to cut the peg in order to gain more ground clearance. You'll see lots of high end club racers and all professional racers with the pegs cut down to just a short little stub about the width of three fingers.

If you are having troubles with your toes dragging with proper foot position you may want to keep your foot flat on the peg tucked in tight against the frame. This will cure your toe dragging problem unless you are dragging your elbow.

Very good info!
As well as going to 55 series rear tire, will help with clearance, or maybe +1 raising links for the rear!
Tires now days have such amazing grip that clearance issues have become common place. Most avid track riders and all (With few exceptions) racers install adjustable pegs and raise them higher than stock height. Some aftermarket pegs have a notche cut into them marking the proper place to cut the peg in order to gain more ground clearance. You'll see lots of high end club racers and all professional racers with the pegs cut down to just a short little stub about the width of three fingers.

If you are having troubles with your toes dragging with proper foot position you may want to keep your foot flat on the peg tucked in tight against the frame. This will cure your toe dragging problem unless you are dragging your elbow.

Ball of foot or toes on pegs, and never, never, ever leave your foot under the shifter going into a corner :whistle:

thanks guys. i always wondered about it. and sometimes it just felt weird to have the ball of my foot like that but if that is the right thing to do then i will

BusaFbaby said:
thanks guys. i always wondered about it. and sometimes it just felt weird to have the ball of my foot like that but if that is the right thing to do then i will

It takes a little getting used to. When you coming back to Houston?

lil charlie said:
It takes a little getting used to. When you coming back to Houston?

If I get the right job offer a may move there. No training or plans at the moment. How's the fam doing?

Back