Cornering help

I was the same way on mine but it was mainly due to needing tires..now got some track take offs on it and it rides so much better.. feel better in the turns.. and yes, a very heavy bike... miss my 929rr..lol

As you might have read I got my new Busa on jan 10th, because of the rain Iv'e only been out on it three times. After the second time out I was getting used to the foot peg position etc, but as Iv'e not been out on it for a while it seems like I have had to start again. The problem I have is slow cornering just turning left or right in to a side street. I'm taking it easy running in the new tyres but I don't know how fast or slow to take the corners do I lean in to them steer round them or what, I think I am a bit worried about of the weight of the thing and that I'm going to drop it, I go round the corner and end up going straight and on the other side of the road. I feel right silly posting this as Iv'e never had a problem riding before and feel a bit of a wuss. Thank you for any help you can give me.

GO TAKE THE RIDER SAFETY COURSE !!!!!

ABOVE TWENTY MILES PER HOUR YOU TURN A BIKE TO THE LEFT TO MAKE IT TURN RIGHT

Called Counter steering--------------

get your entry speed under control,

push forward on the inside bar

apply a maintenance throttle

turn your head and look

(go from the outside of the corner back to the inside as the corner opens up)
called late apex

it keeps your bike more upright.. Good Luck :lol:

GO TAKE THE MSF RIDER SAFETY COURSE THE BEGINNERS COURSE:rulez:

for very SLOW speed turning, agree with all who said
1. counter sitting
2. clutching in and out
3. light drag the rear brake -- and most important of all:
4. KEEP YOUR HAND OFF THE FRONT BRAKE. Grab that front brake handle at low speed with the wheel turned and you're big busa is going down on the pavement immediately - at great cost. Ask me how I know. I never encountered that problem in decades of riding with dirt bikes and lighter street bikes.

... on a related subject (for zero speed handling), do the kickstand mod. Many, many pricey busa parts have been scrapped w/o this.

Back