ZX-10R The Numbers

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
The numbers are in, Can the Busa be dethroned...

Kawasaki made a bomb shell with its ZX10R

433 Lbs Wet
161.9 HP to the real wheel at 11,750 RPM
80 ft lbs of torque @ 9750 RPM
10.06 sec @ 145.3 MPH in the 1/4 mile
0-60 in 2.92 sec
0-100 in a whopping 5.45 sec
and top gear roll on 50-70 mph in 2.67

Hayabusa
Suzuki Hayabusa '99

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa ('99)
550 lbs Wet
156.1 HP @ 9500
99.0 ft. Lbs of torque @ 6750
10.34 @ 140.8 MPH in the 1/4 mile
and top gear roll on 50-70 mph in 2.70

I dont know guys, can the coach move on over to Team Green? Lets see, it 117 lbs less then the Busa...with more HP little less torque, but the weight is off.

I would never leave the busa, but I wouldnt mind adding a 10r to my collection for those out of my mind nights. This also might be a wake up call for suzuki. Dont konw if they will change the busa, but atleast keep up with the 1000.

I should have stated the source, Motor Cyclist Magazine..for both bikes

All print-outs, til they get on the street with the same experienced riders and shows us up consistently then those numbers are just paper. Line'em UP!!!!

Yep...I hafta agree with Monstah.

Shid...a 40th Anniv. Busa pulled into the 9s stock. If I remember correctly, the 99s were geared lower than the following years, so you all know what that does to the accerleration times, right?

Does anyone have the times from a magazine in 99 when the Busa first came out? I'm very curious to know.

I also don't understand why Kawi would kick themselves in the a$$ by making their 10R perform better in a straight line than their 12.

But yeah...I would say line 'em up.

Hey guys, Paper sells bikes. You think there aren't people on the fence right now thinking..hmmmm Busa or 10r? Let me see the numbers. Numbers sell bikes. Numbers on Paper sells bikes.
laugh.gif
Seriously, These are the numbers you will see posted time and time again in magazines. I love my Busa. If there is another bike out there that wants to take the Throne, I want to know about it. I'm not going to live in denial that only the busa is god and no other will compete. Lets give credit where credit is due. When was the last time Kawasaki came out with a sport bike that knocked our socks off. The 10r is getting unreal reviews. Writers that have ridden this bike swear by its immense amount of power and agility.
This post is not meant to offend Busa owners, but to make busa owners aware that competition is around the corner. Tell you what though, no one can beat the power and comfort level on the busa.

Well, my friend just bought a zx10 yesterday and I'm looking foward to smokin his ass on my 04 busa.  I just hope I pick the right pipe to get the most HP I can.  It sounds like it could be close.

jusmoov keep it stock for the race...we want to see what its going to be stock to stock..

yep...but the dynos can't measure the wind resistance. That's where our babies shine! Having awesome aerodynamics really makes a difference...not to mention having awesome stability at speed.

I'd like to see a 10R, R1 or 1000RR get up to 180 without any headshake. Personally, I'd be too afraid to go that fast if I knew it wasn't going to be that stable.

I think those numbers of the busa was back in 99. Riders, weather, altitude, dyno machines and many other factors is why the numbers are the way they are. Cycle world usually post a lower dyno and better 1/4 numbers than Motor Cyclist but i have an issue of CW with way better number. Here are the numbers.

Honda CBR 1100XX............139.5bhp 80.3ft.lbs 10.35@137.35mph
ZX-12..........162.8bhp 90.5ft.lbs. 9.93@144.01mph
Hayabusa.........159.2bhp 98.2ft.lbs. 9.89@143.55mph
CBR954.........135.8bhp 70.9ft.lbs. 10.32@138.12mph
GSXR-1000.........145.2bhp 78.4ft.lbs. 9.95@143.69mph
YZF-R1...........134.1bhp 73.6ft.lbs. 10.32@137.60mph

Remember, these are all 02 models that Cycle world tested.

I wouldn't buy into what the mags are sayin' to much. Of course the 10r or any new model will steal the headlines and maybe your wallet if you're not careful. The true test is whats happening at the track. Busa's are still dominating. I don't see Bike 382 or New Speed King or Landspeed Larry runnin' 10r's or anything else except for the Busa. One of the mags had the Busa listed runnin' 10.30's only to find it the next month runnin' 9.40's (Keith Dennis).

If you really want to know about the mags, I know a guy by the name of "Revlis" that can tell you all about them, heck he may even write a letter on your behalf.
laugh.gif

Hey guys, Paper sells bikes. You think there aren't people on the fence right now thinking..hmmmm Busa or 10r? Let me see the numbers. Numbers sell bikes. Numbers on Paper sells bikes.
laugh.gif
Seriously, These are the numbers you will see posted time and time again in magazines. I love my Busa. If there is another bike out there that wants to take the Throne, I want to know about it. I'm not going to live in denial that only the busa is god and no other will compete. Lets give credit where credit is due. When was the last time Kawasaki came out with a sport bike that knocked our socks off. The 10r is getting unreal reviews. Writers that have ridden this bike swear by its immense amount of power and agility.
This post is not meant to offend Busa owners, but to make busa owners aware that competition is around the corner. Tell you what though, no one can beat the power and comfort level on the busa.
That's why I like those ridiculous numbers in MC mag......less Busas on the street.......I hate riding the same bike as everyone else.

Bet they'll sell a boatload of 10's this year, and they'll be just like an ahole.....evryone......you know the rest!!!!

Back