Motorcyclist counters the Cycle World report

Warchild

Banned
Recall how Cycle World recently provided these K8 specifications.

Now the moto-rag Motorcyclist has countered with its own specification findings on the ZX-13.5....

Ready?
lurk.gif
laugh.gif

Compared to the Cycle World specs, Motorcyclists says the ZX-13.5 makes a bit more torque. And weighs a whopping 30lbs less.
rock.gif

However.... they claim the ZX-13.5 makes less HP than the K8... and is slower in the standing quarter mile.

Cycle World specs on the K8:

Weight (no fuel): 552 lbs
HP: 171.4 hp @ 9600 rpm
Torque: 102.0 ft-lbs @ 7200 rpm
1/4 mile: 9.70s @ 148.48 mph

Motorcyclist specs on the ZX-13.5:

Weight (no fuel): 532 lbs
HP: 167.2 hp @ 9250 rpm
Torque: 105.2 ft-lbs @ 7500 rpm
1/4 mile: 9.922ss @ 143.75 mph

All of which, of course, is pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things.
whistling.gif

9.922 for the Kwaq?
rock.gif
Doesn't the Gen-1 Busa run quicker than that?

I guess I should have mentioned the obvious: this Motorcyclist report was for the 2008 Kwak ZX-14.... so we're comparing the latest of both models....
lurk.gif

I guess I should have mentioned the obvious: this Motorcyclist report was for the 2008 Kwak ZX-14.... so we're comparing the latest of both models....  
lurk.gif
Here's the Sportrider info for the 06 14....so far thats the fastest any magazine has ever had a production bike. The new busa is soo close lol. I guess with kawi they decided to slow things down abit for 08...wait...cha-ching...I think I just heard the 06-7's value jump  
laugh.gif
 Here's the Sportrider link http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/kawasaki.html

Motorcycle        Issue        1/4 mile-mph        60-80/sec.       80-100/sec.
ZX-14R ('06)      8/06     9.689 @ 145.90      3.08            3.28

But Rickey Gadson said he felt it faster by the seat of his pants and when he called Kawasaki they told him they made it faster. <-said in my best "1st grade" voice.

Oh well, I guess the Kwaq boyz are gonna have to run U4 fuel around the clock!

Recall how Cycle World recently provided these K8 specifications.

Now the moto-rag Motorcyclist has countered with its own specification findings on the ZX-13.5....

Ready?
lurk.gif
laugh.gif

Compared to the Cycle World specs, Motorcyclists says the ZX-13.5 makes a bit more torque. And weighs a whopping 30lbs less.
rock.gif

However.... they claim the ZX-13.5 makes less HP than the K8... and is slower in the standing quarter mile.

Cycle World specs on the K8:

Weight (no fuel): 552 lbs
HP: 171.4 hp @ 9600 rpm
Torque: 102.0 ft-lbs @ 7200 rpm
1/4 mile: 9.70s @ 148.48 mph

Motorcyclist specs on the ZX-13.5:

Weight (no fuel): 532 lbs
HP: 167.2 hp @ 9250 rpm
Torque: 105.2 ft-lbs @ 7500 rpm
1/4 mile: 9.922ss @ 143.75 mph

All of which, of course, is pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things.
whistling.gif
Isn't that only a 20lb spread? My math sucks
smile.gif

So much drama over magazines when it comes to bikes... I recall reading something like, I don't care what a magazine says about the new brakes...blah blah blah... But the a magazine posts its stats on wt, hp, top speed etc, and its ok?
whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Speed sells. The mags put a 1/4mile jockey on the bikes
and run what the average person could only dream of. This
sells magazines and motorcycles because we all want to say
we have the baddest bike in the land and it has to be true
the magazine says so. Kawi owners are going to say they
have the baddest bike in the land and Busa owners are going
to know they have the baddest bike in the land
thumb_up.gif

Isn't that only a 20lb spread? My math sucks
smile.gif
No, my math sucks.... 20lb difference, is of course, correct. D'oh.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
So much drama over magazines when it comes to bikes... I recall reading something like, I don't care what a magazine says about the new brakes...blah blah blah... But the a magazine posts its stats on wt, hp, top speed etc, and its ok?
whistling.gif
[/quote]

Perhaps I should have bolded and/or colorized my last sentence for greater emphasis.... lemme try that now....

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
<span style='color:maroon'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>All of which, of course, is pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things.</span></span>
whistling.gif

[/quote]

laugh.gif
winkold.gif

whistling.gif

So lose the mortar tubes off the back and your 30 odd lbs better off arent you? LOL

The k8 rocks .....
smile.gif

So lose the mortar tubes off the back and your 30 odd lbs better off arent you? LOL

The k8 rocks .....
smile.gif
My Yosh 4-2-1 R-77 kit is allegedly coming in another week or so.... and yes, the 30+ lbs weight loss over stock exhaust is a figure I continue to hear about.

Guess I'll find out...
cool.gif

The k8 rocks .....
smile.gif
Mortar Tubes... Oh how I love this one. I'll have to borrow this term periodically when describing the new Bus....

War, wasn't directed at you, glad you didn't take it that way...

The most important thing I love about my New O8 is no matter what the mags are saying about the numbers.... I know when I twist that right grip and she starts to put me back in that seat so hard it scares the living *&^* out of me!!
laugh.gif

Not sure when the second set of injectors kickin but its another story when you get her past 7500rpms LOL! Just when you thought shes not going to pull any harder she does LOL....
heart.gif
it!!!

And thats stock! a ton of mods coming around the corner too and the goal to make more HP LOL

Peace busa brothers and sisters
lol1.gif

Back