The HAYABUSA vs. The new crop of 1000's

3 tenths is pretty significant visually and geographically when your traveling 140MPH.
laugh.gif
In the real world? No, I think it matters not one little bit, a squid on a 10R or Busa is going to get owned by the other... They are interchangeable for the most part.

But on the strip 3/10s is significant at the end of the track...

Here I go again with my input.  I get so enraged when people start comparing the Busa and ZX10.  Oh yes, the ZX10 is one bad mutha... shut yo' mouf!
biggrin.gif
 And I won't take nothing from it as well as the R1, the Gixx 1000, or the CBR 1000.  Fact is... why do we compare apples and oranges like this.  The difference in weight is entirely too exteme to even compare.  You're comparing two bikes with approx. 150 lbs of weight difference.  Make that weight difference a little more comparable and it won't even be a competition.  I don't pay attention to this crap unless you're comparing bikes that are more evenly matched all the way around.  Point is... doesn't Nascar have a weight spec for its cars (not a rhetorical question)?
rock.gif
 You have to level the playing field to make this sort of competition really mean something.  Since weight has a lot to do with performance, then why is it relevant to comparing a Busa and ZX10?  I mean, come on guys/gals, its almost like comparing the Busa to the Tomahawk (ya'll know the V10 super bike with Viper engine in it...).  If you're not talking about Busa vs ZX12 or Blackbird, then in my eyes it's not even relevant.  It's only for bragging rights to be able to say that my ZX10 beat your Busa (reality check here guys...).  I give much respect to any of the litre bikes, but I'm not going to be done in by numbers that compare these two.  Trim 50 to 70 lbs off the Busa, and the Busa will hand ALL bikes their asses in a grocery bag.  O.K. let's say they trim 50lbs off the Busa.  What will Kawi do to the ZX10 to improve it's performance without any engine changes?
rock.gif
 They can't afford to trim any more weight off the ZX10 and keep it safe.  The motors on the liter bikes are a far cry from competing with the motor on a Busa. (i.e. take a ZX10 motor and put it on a Busa and vice versa...).  It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers a ZX10 would put up with a Busa motor.  The motor would definitely add weight to the ZX10, but I'm willing to bet my paycheck that the added weight to performance ratio would be in favor of the ZX10 being called a true "SUPERBIKE."  Now flip the script and put a ZX10 motor on a Busa and just the opposite would happen.  I mean it's basically a common sense issue.

And as my mentor Revlis and some other board members have said... "It has a lot to do with the rider."  Case-in-point:  I have a rider friend of mine who has a '03 Gixx 1000 that has only a Micron full exhaust, lowered, and stretched about 4".  He runs a consistent 9.4 sec. in the quarter.  No bullshit guys, I've been to the track with him on several occassions and he has handed guys their asses.  Also consider the fact that he weighs only about 150 lbs soaking wet.
biggrin.gif
 I have another buddy who has a ZX12 that is bored and sprayed, and he always wants to run me on my Busa.  Albeit I've only got full exhaust, PCIIIr, TRE, and lowered, he still talks smack simply because it's Kaw vs Zuk.  Funny thing is that his next project bike is a turbo Busa... go figure.
rock.gif
Anyway, I've said all this poop to simply say... "Whenever Suzuki decides to get on the playing field with some slight improvements to the Busa, don't get your undies in a bunch behind all this nonsense."  

My name is Brian Charles, and I approve this message.  
smile.gif
Don't take this the wrong way, but that is the most rediculas thing I have ever read. Apples to oranges? We're talking about straight line performance here.

The Hayabusa was/is? this fastest production motorcycle on the planet as I recall. Any production bike that can top that whether it's a 600cc, 1000cc or 1500cc will be compared to the Hayabusa, so I don't seen how you can say it's comparing apples to oranges.

Man...I'd love to peel your wig on my 2000 Hayabusa. Then I'll let my friends peel your wig on their ZX-10R's.

I can't believe you brought NASCAR into this...What a joke!

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

My old busa was faster than my R1 is. But not by much. I could really notice the difference over 140. The r1 actually feels faster though due to it's flippy nature.

As with anything though there are comprimises for each. The r1 gives up comfortablity..( a little, its not that bad) and suffers from some high gearing especially in first to make it more track capable. The busa is a little on the hefty side, but it adds to a stable, and smooth ride. I personally don't think the busa should try to compete with the liter bikes, as that will eventually take away from it's Hayabusaness. LOL. Seriously. But a little diet, some brakes, and a couple more ponies wouldn't hurt.

Here is the only picture I have of them together. The bus has moved on to a new owner.

r1_and_busa.JPG

Here I go again with my input.  I get so enraged when people start comparing the Busa and ZX10.  Oh yes, the ZX10 is one bad mutha... shut yo' mouf!
biggrin.gif
 And I won't take nothing from it as well as the R1, the Gixx 1000, or the CBR 1000.  Fact is... why do we compare apples and oranges like this.  The difference in weight is entirely too exteme to even compare.  You're comparing two bikes with approx. 150 lbs of weight difference.  Make that weight difference a little more comparable and it won't even be a competition.  I don't pay attention to this crap unless you're comparing bikes that are more evenly matched all the way around.  Point is... doesn't Nascar have a weight spec for its cars (not a rhetorical question)?
rock.gif
 You have to level the playing field to make this sort of competition really mean something.  Since weight has a lot to do with performance, then why is it relevant to comparing a Busa and ZX10?  I mean, come on guys/gals, its almost like comparing the Busa to the Tomahawk (ya'll know the V10 super bike with Viper engine in it...).  If you're not talking about Busa vs ZX12 or Blackbird, then in my eyes it's not even relevant.  It's only for bragging rights to be able to say that my ZX10 beat your Busa (reality check here guys...).  I give much respect to any of the litre bikes, but I'm not going to be done in by numbers that compare these two.  Trim 50 to 70 lbs off the Busa, and the Busa will hand ALL bikes their asses in a grocery bag.  O.K. let's say they trim 50lbs off the Busa.  What will Kawi do to the ZX10 to improve it's performance without any engine changes?
rock.gif
 They can't afford to trim any more weight off the ZX10 and keep it safe.  The motors on the liter bikes are a far cry from competing with the motor on a Busa. (i.e. take a ZX10 motor and put it on a Busa and vice versa...).  It would be interesting to see what kind of numbers a ZX10 would put up with a Busa motor.  The motor would definitely add weight to the ZX10, but I'm willing to bet my paycheck that the added weight to performance ratio would be in favor of the ZX10 being called a true "SUPERBIKE."  Now flip the script and put a ZX10 motor on a Busa and just the opposite would happen.  I mean it's basically a common sense issue.

And as my mentor Revlis and some other board members have said... "It has a lot to do with the rider."  Case-in-point:  I have a rider friend of mine who has a '03 Gixx 1000 that has only a Micron full exhaust, lowered, and stretched about 4".  He runs a consistent 9.4 sec. in the quarter.  No bullshit guys, I've been to the track with him on several occassions and he has handed guys their asses.  Also consider the fact that he weighs only about 150 lbs soaking wet.
biggrin.gif
 I have another buddy who has a ZX12 that is bored and sprayed, and he always wants to run me on my Busa.  Albeit I've only got full exhaust, PCIIIr, TRE, and lowered, he still talks smack simply because it's Kaw vs Zuk.  Funny thing is that his next project bike is a turbo Busa... go figure.
rock.gif
Anyway, I've said all this poop to simply say... "Whenever Suzuki decides to get on the playing field with some slight improvements to the Busa, don't get your undies in a bunch behind all this nonsense."  

smile.gif
Don't take this the wrong way, but that is the most rediculas thing I have ever read.  Apples to oranges?  We're talking about straight line performance here.

Man...I'd love to peel your wig on my 2000 Hayabusa.  Then I'll let my friends peel your wig on their ZX-10R's.
Evidently you only READ and didn't quite UNDERSTAND what I was trying to say. It's my opinion and mine only, but regardless, people still get their feathers ruffled with this competition.

And as far as peeling my wig... "YOU NEED TO BRING ASS TO KICK SOME ASS!!!"

Brian

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span>Peeling your wig

Is my new favorite saying.  WTF does it mean anyhow?

<!--EDIT|Ononewheel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098287048 -->

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif

smile.gif
Don't take this the wrong way, but that is the most rediculas thing I have ever read.  Apples to oranges?  We're talking about straight line performance here.

Man...I'd love to peel your wig on my 2000 Hayabusa.  Then I'll let my friends peel your wig on their ZX-10R's.
Evidently you only READ and didn't quite UNDERSTAND what I was trying to say.  It's my opinion and mine only, but regardless, people still get their feathers ruffled with this competition.

Brian
No...I think I clearly understood the point you were TRYING to make...I just think that it's laughable to try and make that point. I've never heard a weaker point being made in quite some time. Do you really think that the BlackTurd should be compared to the BUSA? I mean the BlackTurd makes some 50rwhp less than the BUSA and weighs more. I hope you don't pat yourself on the back when you beat one, that is if you are beating them.

Oh and as for that "bring ass to whoop ass comment"...Trust me when I tell you that we're all bringing a huge can of WHOOP ASS whenever we ride! Matter of fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that you couldn't see me or any of my friends on our worst days. It's too bad that we're so far away from one another...I'd take great pleasure in peeling your wig.

You don't want no parts of this...NONE!

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif

smile.gif

Evidently you only READ and didn't quite UNDERSTAND what I was trying to say.  It's my opinion and mine only, but regardless, people still get their feathers ruffled with this competition.

Brian
No...I think I clearly understood the point you were TRYING to make...I just think that it's laughable to try and make that point.  I've never heard a weaker point being made in quite some time.  Do you really think that the BlackTurd should be compared to the BUSA?  I mean the BlackTurd makes some 50rwhp less than the BUSA and weighs more.  I hope you don't pat yourself on the back when you beat one, that is if you are beating them.

Oh and as for that "bring ass to whoop ass comment"...Trust me when I tell you that we're all bringing a huge can of WHOOP ASS whenever we ride!  Matter of fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that you couldn't see me or any of my friends on our worst days.  It's too bad that we're so far away from one another...I'd take great pleasure in peeling your wig.

As it is we seem to have another asswipe that's starting to talk poop. First of all, you are the only one that doesn't respect my comments. They are my opinions and mine alone. As far as the Blackbird, or BlackTurd as you so eloquently put it, that bike isn't a mere push over as you may put it. Sure it won't come close to beating a Busa, but with the right rider (and trust me, I do know a couple), they can make you look at it in a different light. Seems to me that all you are is MOUTH and want to talk cash poop. I never question a person's riding skills or talk down to them, but a poop-talker like you needs more than just a good spankin'. I don't claim to be the baddest rider out there, because I am far from it, but you can best bet that you won't be bumpin' your gums EVER again. I can accept criticism and a disagreement with MY opinion, but when you add trash-talkin' to it at the same time, then...well... your ass needs to be checked. Out of respect for the other board members here, I won't continue this lil' schoolyard brawl with ya, because it's stupid when neither one of us is in a position to back up our words. In my most humble opinion... "You're the baddest MOFO on two wheels...", and let's just leave it at that.
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif

smile.gif

Brian
No...I think I clearly understood the point you were TRYING to make...I just think that it's laughable to try and make that point.  I've never heard a weaker point being made in quite some time.  Do you really think that the BlackTurd should be compared to the BUSA?  I mean the BlackTurd makes some 50rwhp less than the BUSA and weighs more.  I hope you don't pat yourself on the back when you beat one, that is if you are beating them.

Oh and as for that "bring ass to whoop ass comment"...Trust me when I tell you that we're all bringing a huge can of WHOOP ASS whenever we ride!  Matter of fact, I'd bet my bottom dollar that you couldn't see me or any of my friends on our worst days.  It's too bad that we're so far away from one another...I'd take great pleasure in peeling your wig.

As it is we seem to have another asswipe that's starting to talk poop.  First of all, you are the only one that doesn't respect my comments.  They are my opinions and mine alone.  As far as the Blackbird, or BlackTurd as you so eloquently put it, that bike isn't a mere push over as you may put it.  Sure it won't come close to beating a Busa, but with the right rider (and trust me, I do know a couple), they can make you look at it in a different light.  Seems to me that all you are is MOUTH and want to talk cash poop.  I never question a person's riding skills or talk down to them, but a poop-talker like you needs more than just a good spankin'.  I don't claim to be the baddest rider out there, because I am far from it, but you can best bet that you won't be bumpin' your gums EVER again.  I can accept criticism and a disagreement with MY opinion, but when you add trash-talkin' to it at the same time, then...well... your ass needs to be checked.  Out of respect for the other board members here, I won't continue this lil' schoolyard brawl with ya, because it's stupid when neither one of us is in a position to back up our words.  In my most humble opinion... "You're the baddest MOFO on two wheels...", and let's just leave it at that.  
biggrin.gif
I don't claim to be the baddest rider out there either, but I am pretty mutha fuggin bad with a bike between my legs even if I do have to say so myself.

That said...I luv you too "Boo Boo", but you seriously have nothing coming for me and I say that cuz I JUST KNOW IT "Puddin".

Look...If you're ever on your bike in the Washington, DC metro area come on down to the Mobil gas station on Pennsylvania Aveune. Ask around for Booker T. and someone will give me a call if I'm not standing there already. My friends and I will run a train on you. How's that for trash talkin?

One!

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

which in that list can also:
- carry passengers very quickly
- travel the country comfortably
- have a unique look
- not blow up engines or break front tires
- keep tires down at the strip
- hold 180+ with great stability
- not need to be updated for 5 years
- have rocketsled speed AND Cadillac feel

I don't ride by numbers, I ride by feel and until something else can EQUAL or BETTER all that, the Busa is STILL worthy of our praise.

.... but that R1's lookin HOT!  
biggrin.gif
WWJD SAID A MOUTHFUL.

AGAIN, HOW MANY BIKES FROM THAT LIST CAN RUN THOSE NUMBERS ON SATURDAY AT THE STRIP AND THEN GO FOR A 2-UP 6 HOUR RIDE TO THE MOUNTAINS ON SUNDAY. HINT HINT MINE CAN AND THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT MY BUSA. IF SOMEONE BOUGHT THE BUSA ONLY BECAUSE IT IS THE KING OF SPEED, THEN WELL I'M SURE THEY'RE THE ONE'S TRADING IN THEY'RE MACHINES FOR LITER BIKES AND THAT'S COOL BECAUSE TO EACH HIS OWN. THE BIGGEST SPREAD IN THOSE NUMBERS WAS .7 SEC TO THE ZX10R. HMMMMM NOT BAD AT ALL FOR A BIKE UNCHANGED FOR 6 YEARS. REMEMBER WHAT THE ZX9 WAS LIKE IN 99' (SNAIL BY COMPARISON) AND IT'S TAKEN 6 YEARS TO COME THIS CLOSE TO THE "KING OF SPEED". ONE THING I'M IN AGREEMENT WITH IS DOING A "LITTLE WORK" JUST SO WHEN THE LIL GUYS ON THE LIL BIKES SHOW UP FOR A LIL FUN YOU CAN HAND THEM A LIL %^& WUPPIN!

BD

I still like The Busa better.
I like the BUSA better too, it's just not the dominant bike that it once was and that's a shame.  I'm gonna stick with mine for sure cuz I love it, but I'm not silly enough to believe that it's the baddest bike on the planet anymore.  It's only one of the baddest.
dude dont bother!! have theese posers dont get it! but man they can all spell !!!!!now if they really rode with some skill they would understand!!

I still like The Busa better.
I like the BUSA better too, it's just not the dominant bike that it once was and that's a shame.  I'm gonna stick with mine for sure cuz I love it, but I'm not silly enough to believe that it's the baddest bike on the planet anymore.  It's only one of the baddest.
dude dont bother!! have theese posers dont get it! but man they can all spell !!!!!now if they really rode with some skill they would understand!!
I don't think anyone is disaggreeing with any of what you guys have said. In my personal opinion if someone buys a Busa and thinks they can automatically wup anything on the road they're in for a rude awakening. In 99' yeah I'd have to agree that the Busa could handle anything fairly easily even with differences in rider ability. My only comment is I think Suz should be commended (even though I want to strangle them for NO upgrade in 05') for the fact that no bike has ever stood atop for so long and is still considered the bike to beat. That's all I have to say about it, and I plan to add a litre bike to my collection in the future for 2 styles of riding. Peace, be blessed and get ta ridin.

BD

89% of the squids that hook up on the liter bikes do not know how to ride them worth a damn. The ones that I see around the Seattle area still have chicken strips on them.

Laughable at best considering my Busa is out to the edge.

Take some track time, build a 1397 with a little juice and never lose a bit of sleep.

Honestly, do think 'NickSlick' who is widely known, is the least bit worried about any of these recent liter bike threats? I don't think so.
biggrin.gif

Each and everytime, I will take it out past any speed (all varibles considered, each and everytime) any of the liter bikes can hold. I love my 220 mph gauges.
super.gif

It is why I look so young, I gotz a constant flow of adrenaline goin' on!
eyes.gif

Sigh....

Tell ya what...why don't you drop about 100 lbs from the Busa's current weight and then compare the two, then we'll get somewhere.

And as for track bikes? HA...what-the-fugg-ever. Take a look at the G1K's track times. It blows away all the litre bike competition. R1, ZX10 and CBR1000. If I recall correctly, the Zook blew them away by at least a second or two.

The Hayabusa was/is? this fastest production motorcycle on the planet as I recall.  Any production bike that can top that whether it's a 600cc, 1000cc or 1500cc will be compared to the Hayabusa, so I don't seen how you can say it's comparing apples to oranges.

I can't believe you brought NASCAR into this...What a joke!
The Busa was made to be the fastest production bike
and it still is. It was not made to be the quickest production bike, even tho it was or still is. The new liter bikes may get quicker than the busa but we can fix that with a 1397 kit, lets see you make a liter bike be faster than a busa for 2-3 grand and be stable enough to handle it.

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098319017 -->

But I will give you this, it sure as hell is time for Suzuki to freshen things up...  I figure about 15 HP, 20Ftlbs and a loss of about 50 lbs will do just perfect.  
biggrin.gif
You're talking about fairly significant changes, perhaps an all-new machine if based on nothing other than a 50 pound weight reduction.

The question is, why would Suzuki retool a machine when they already sell every one they make?

The bike doesn't compete with the repli's for domination on the track.

I see no compelling reason for Suzuki to do anything of real substance. A new headlight or perhaps even a high-vacuum mold processed frame for a new look and a slight reduction in weight (oh yeah, it'd be cheaper to produce too), well, maybe. Anything much beyond that? Not happening.

My .02 only, YMMV

Back