The HAYABUSA vs. The new crop of 1000's

Article says R1 top speed 184, busa 189. I ride with an R1 all the time, his bike does 176 (indicated on his digi speedo) I still pull away from him. His bike is not as stable nor as comfortable. It's a cool looking bike but for me, at 6'3" the busa is the only choice, I look like a skinny kid on a huffy on his bike.
cool.gif

AT 6'3 I DONT EVEN FIT ON THOSE OTHER BIKES AND THEY ARE MAKING THEM EVEN SHORTER. LOOK FOR THE BEST ALL AROUND BIKE AND THE BUSA STILL TAKES THE CAKE.

I still think it's funny to see folks talk about gettin' a big bore kit to stay ahead of the litres...
laugh.gif

I'm just happy to be on two wheels, ya'll. Just like a lot of ya'll are happy with the busa whether or not it's the quickest/fastest, I'm happy with the 10 whether or not it's the quickest/fastest. Honestly, who cares? If you like yer bike and you get your ride, who really cares if the next guy's bike is faster or quicker? I enjoy a bit of bench racin' and a little friendly competition as much as the next guy, but basin' yer bike decisions on which is the quickest/fastest is pretty stupid unless you stand to win big $$$ by havin' the quickest/fastest.

I highly doubt that's the case for most people on this board. I don't know of any pro racers here. Maybe a few street brawlers take home a few bucks occasionally, but I don't really think we have any true heavy hitters here. The majority of the folks on this board seem to just be "riders" who do it for fun. We all just enjoy ridin' and get an occasional kick out of really turnin' up the heat. I think it's really more about ridin' and adrenaline for most of us.

Speakin' for myself, when I got the busa my main interest was in drag racin' a bike. I planned to slam it and drag prep it. Then I got talked into followin' a guy around in the mountains and I was hooked. I had never even considered ridin' the mountains before. Didn't even have a concept of what "ridin' the twisties" was even about. As my preferred type of ridin' changed, so did what I wanted in my bike. Once I got to the point that draggin' a bike was a very small part of my interest in bikes it just made more and more sense to me to get a bike more suited to ridin' the twisties and less suited to all out straight line performance. I still love the busa, but for my kind of ridin' a litre bike just makes more sense.

I'd love nothin' more than to run a busa with the 10 just for the frickin' adrenaline and fun of it. If I won, I won and if I lost, I just lost. Again I ask, who the fug cares? I love my ride. As long as the person I'm racin' loves their bike and has a good time, and we both come out of it safely, WHO THE FUG CARES WHO WON? Hell, we both win...

It's obvious that some folks just like to talk shid. Maybe they can back it up and maybe they can't. Really makes no difference to me. I'm gonna enjoy my bike my way. To hell with the rest of it. Come along if you want. We can race for fun, or a few bucks just to make it interesting. If you beat me, I'll still ride with ya next weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll win then...

To quote a signature used by a member of another forum I frequent... You got it... get on it!
wink.gif

I still think it's funny to see folks talk about gettin' a big bore kit to stay ahead of the litres...
laugh.gif

I'm just happy to be on two wheels, ya'll. Just like a lot of ya'll are happy with the busa whether or not it's the quickest/fastest, I'm happy with the 10 whether or not it's the quickest/fastest. Honestly, who cares? If you like yer bike and you get your ride, who really cares if the next guy's bike is faster or quicker? I enjoy a bit of bench racin' and a little friendly competition as much as the next guy, but basin' yer bike decisions on which is the quickest/fastest is pretty stupid unless you stand to win big $$$ by havin' the quickest/fastest.

I highly doubt that's the case for most people on this board. I don't know of any pro racers here. Maybe a few street brawlers take home a few bucks occasionally, but I don't really think we have any true heavy hitters here. The majority of the folks on this board seem to just be "riders" who do it for fun. We all just enjoy ridin' and get an occasional kick out of really turnin' up the heat. I think it's really more about ridin' and adrenaline for most of us.

Speakin' for myself, when I got the busa my main interest was in drag racin' a bike. I planned to slam it and drag prep it. Then I got talked into followin' a guy around in the mountains and I was hooked. I had never even considered ridin' the mountains before. Didn't even have a concept of what "ridin' the twisties" was even about. As my preferred type of ridin' changed, so did what I wanted in my bike. Once I got to the point that draggin' a bike was a very small part of my interest in bikes it just made more and more sense to me to get a bike more suited to ridin' the twisties and less suited to all out straight line performance. I still love the busa, but for my kind of ridin' a litre bike just makes more sense.

I'd love nothin' more than to run a busa with the 10 just for the frickin' adrenaline and fun of it. If I won, I won and if I lost, I just lost. Again I ask, who the fug cares? I love my ride. As long as the person I'm racin' loves their bike and has a good time, and we both come out of it safely, WHO THE FUG CARES WHO WON? Hell, we both win...

It's obvious that some folks just like to talk shid. Maybe they can back it up and maybe they can't. Really makes no difference to me. I'm gonna enjoy my bike my way. To hell with the rest of it. Come along if you want. We can race for fun, or a few bucks just to make it interesting. If you beat me, I'll still ride with ya next weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll win then...

To quote a signature used by a member of another forum I frequent... You got it... get on it!
wink.gif
I get your point Bullet Train, but some of us did buy our bikes to drag race, roll-on race, etc. I had a ZX-11 before I got my Hayabusa...At that time the Hayabusa was the only step up and I got it cuz it was the baddest production bike on the planet. When I got my ZX-11C it was the baddest production bike on the planet. The BlackTurd really never lived up to much of anything.

You got your bike for your reasons, I got my bike for my reasons. While I race ALOT I still simply ride alot (over 35k in 5 riding seasons) and I agree that the BUSA's overall package is hard to beat, but it's quite long in the tooth at this point, but I don't care if they make a better one at this point or not cuz I'm fine with what I've got and what I've got under the hood. I don't think we'll ever see the day when any production motorcycle will make over 200rwhp, so I ain't really concerned.

As far as not caring whether my bike is faster or not...I'm one of those people who cares. It does matter to me if I win or lose, cuz I love competition street or strip. In competition winning is everything and in racing 2nd place is merely the 1st loser. That said many of us BUSA riders were BEATING on our chests for many years about how the BUSA was so dominant, but now that things are changing some of us are coming up with these lame a$$ excuses about I got it for comfort, stability, riding two up, etc...If you really wanted all of those things you could have bought a Honda ST or GoldWing.

Oh and you best believe I can back up my $hit talk! I'm not the fastest in the world, but I'd bet that I'm in the top 10-15%.

laugh.gif

......<span style='color:blue'>Edited for size by:</span><span style='color:red'>stkr00</span>
wink.gif
I get your point Bullet Train, but some of us did buy our bikes to drag race, roll-on race, etc...  
......<span style='color:blue'>Edited for size by:</span><span style='color:red'>stkr00</span>
Oh and you best believe I can back up my $hit talk!  I'm not the fastest in the world, but I'd bet that I'm in the top 10-15%.
I was just catching up on threads I have missed, and came across this one.

btreaves:
  You have some good points, but the way you express them tends to be somewhat abrasive...like you're trying to stir up poop.  What would be wrong with just simply disagreeing with someone's opinion using the same RESPECT that you would want to be shown for your opinions?

As far as you being in the top 10%-15% of ALL riders.  Why not start traveling the NHRA circuit or the WSB circuit and see if you can earn a living at it.  Surely if you're that good without any formal training, then someone is bound to see your raw talent and pick you up as a future racer.

Everybody on this board has THEIR own opinions.  Please try to show a little RESPECT when responding to them.

Sportrider mag is a joke. If they went to the track like I do, their numbers would be a lot better in favor of the busa. Dont believe what you read without seeing it first hand. As for btreaves, come to St. louis international raceway and put your money where you mouth is..

laugh.gif

wink.gif
I get your point Bullet Train, but some of us did buy our bikes to drag race, roll-on race, etc...  
Oh and you best believe I can back up my $hit talk!  I'm not the fastest in the world, but I'd bet that I'm in the top 10-15%.

btreaves:
  You have some good points, but the way you express them tends to be somewhat abrasive...like you're trying to stir up poop.  What would be wrong with just simply disagreeing with someone's opinion using the same RESPECT that you would want to be shown for your opinions?

As far as you being in the top 10%-15% of ALL riders.  Why not start traveling the NHRA circuit or the WSB circuit and see if you can earn a living at it.  Surely if you're that good without any formal training, then someone is bound to see your raw talent and pick you up as a future racer.

Everybody on this board has THEIR own opinions.  Please try to show a little RESPECT when responding to them.
Oh lord...Why don't we all just hold hands and sing Kum By Ya together while we're exchanging pleasantries.

Look...Trash talkin is part of the game where I'm from. People rarely just line up and race, there's always some good natured banter before we get it on, because nothing makes another racer madder than you just dismissing his skillz as if they don't even remotely compare to yours, but when you talk all that $hit and back it up like you said you would...What a rush and what a crush for the loser. You win some and you lose some but it's all meant in fun unless someone takes things the wrong way and if they do that's on them.

Bottom line is I'm just being who I am and if I offended anyone that's their problem, I'm not going to apologize for it, because I really don't think I said anything offensive other than I think I would beat you in a motorcycle race, and I don't know any of you. I know I wouldn't take anyone of you seriously unless there was a possiblity of us actually racing. We are all grown men here. There's nothing wrong with a bit of trash talking, if you're skin is so thin that a little trash talkin bothers you, you probably should avoid competition entirely, cuz I don't know anyone who doesn't talk trash.

Sportrider mag is a joke. If they went to the track like I do, their numbers would be a lot better in favor of the busa. Dont believe what you read without seeing it first hand. As for btreaves, come to St. louis international raceway and put your money where you mouth is..
LOL! Sportrider mag is a joke...Give me a break! Tell you what, you run a 9.9X on a bone stock BUSA at the stock ride height. Cuz that's about the best you can run unless you're a professional and a pro will only get it down slightly.

I didn't start riding yesterday and you can trust that the magazines do a pretty good job with quarter mile times most of the time.

When you go to the track most of the bikes are far from stock, so you can't sit here and compare apples to oranges.

I wish I lived near by cuz I'd love to take your money.

I'm just curious...What is your best...Never mind! I know I won't get an honest answer.

Its funny how those numbers change all the time. Top speed 189, what?
rock.gif
??, thats ridiculous! Remember magazines are in the buisness to make money, don't be surprised if the numbers aren't "bent" a little. I mean an honest journalist, yeah right. Not to mention that its all in the rider and how he/she did that paricular time.

laugh.gif

wink.gif

btreaves:

Oh lord...Why don't we all just hold hands and sing Kum By Ya together while we're exchanging pleasantries.

Look...Trash talkin is part of the game where I'm from.  People rarely just line up and race, there's always some good natured banter before we get it on, because nothing makes another racer madder than you just dismissing his skillz as if they don't even remotely compare to yours, but when you talk all that $hit and back it up like you said you would...What a rush and what a crush for the loser.  You win some and you lose some but it's all meant in fun unless someone takes things the wrong way and if they do that's on them.

Bottom line is I'm just being who I am and if I offended anyone that's their problem, I'm not going to apologize for it, because I really don't think I said anything offensive other than I think I would beat you in a motorcycle race, and I don't know any of you.  I know I wouldn't take anyone of you seriously unless there was a possiblity of us actually racing.  We are all grown men here.  There's nothing wrong with a bit of trash talking, if you're skin is so thin that a little trash talkin bothers you, you probably should avoid competition entirely, cuz I don't know anyone who doesn't talk trash.
Don't missunderstand. You're not hurting anyones "feelings". When stkr00 was saying that you come off abrasive and to show respect for people opinions. Remember what you say reflects on you. If you trash talk. That's it, you're a trash talker. Be who you want to be, but don't worry about our "feelings" please....

------this is the internet

laugh.gif

wink.gif

btreaves:

Look...Trash talkin is part of the game where I'm from.  People rarely just line up and race, there's always some good natured banter before we get it on, because nothing makes another racer madder than you just dismissing his skillz as if they don't even remotely compare to yours, but when you talk all that $hit and back it up like you said you would...What a rush and what a crush for the loser.  You win some and you lose some but it's all meant in fun unless someone takes things the wrong way and if they do that's on them.

Bottom line is I'm just being who I am and if I offended anyone that's their problem, I'm not going to apologize for it, because I really don't think I said anything offensive other than I think I would beat you in a motorcycle race, and I don't know any of you.  I know I wouldn't take anyone of you seriously unless there was a possiblity of us actually racing.  We are all grown men here.  There's nothing wrong with a bit of trash talking, if you're skin is so thin that a little trash talkin bothers you, you probably should avoid competition entirely, cuz I don't know anyone who doesn't talk trash.
Don't missunderstand.  You're not hurting anyones "feelings".  When stkr00 was saying that you come off abrasive and to show respect for people opinions.  Remember what you say reflects on you.  If you trash talk.  That's it, you're a trash talker.  Be who you want to be, but don't worry about our "feelings" please....

LOL! Now I'm "labeled" a trash talker. If that don't beat all!

Well if I'm gonna be labeld a trash talker I just want it to be known that I can and will back it up most of the time.

That said, I'm really not a bad guy...I just enjoy a little trash talk and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect it, that's rediculas. Opinions are like a$$holes so everybody got one, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect it. If you're gonna have an opinion at least back it up with some reasoning.

Don't just say...My opinion is the BUSA is the quickest/fastest bike on the planet when there are several periodicals that say something totally different these days. Why should I respect that opinion?

You don't have to respect the opinion, any more than anyone else here has to respect yours. And while you may enjoy trash talk, others consider it offensive or just plain stupid. While clearly that's their fault for feeling that way, it still reflects in their opinion of you. If you don't care what other people think about you, then you don't need to defend your opinions to them, to me, or anyone else.

Yeah What He Said...  Opinions Are like A55holes folks...  And... You know the rest...

I dunno what all the sensitivity shid is here.  The Busa is better all the time everywhere period!!!!!!  

Sportrider does suck, But so does any of the other magazines that say negative shid about the Busa...

Hell... lets keep talking about which bike is "Better" OK???  Don't mention for who, or When, or how long, Yadda yadda...  

You don't have to respect the opinion, any more than anyone else here has to respect yours.  And while you may enjoy trash talk, others consider it offensive or just plain stupid.  While clearly that's their fault for feeling that way, it still reflects in their opinion of you.  If you don't care what other people think about you, then you don't need to defend your opinions to them, to me, or anyone else.
Exactly!

Yeah What He Said...  Opinions Are like A55holes folks...  And... You know the rest...

I dunno what all the sensitivity shid is here.  The Busa is better all the time everywhere period!!!!!!  

Sportrider does suck, But so does any of the other magazines that say negative shid about the Busa...

Hell... lets keep talking about which bike is "Better" OK???  Don't mention for who, or When, or how long, Yadda yadda...  
I love my Hayabusa and I hate to hear of any new production motorcycles that may be quicker or faster (cuz I got my bike, cuz it was the fastest), but if something comes along that is quicker or faster so be it.

I'm certainly not going to sit around and try to convince myself that the BUSA is quicker or faster when it isn't.

laugh.gif

wink.gif

btreaves:

Don't missunderstand.  You're not hurting anyones "feelings".  When stkr00 was saying that you come off abrasive and to show respect for people opinions.  Remember what you say reflects on you.  If you trash talk.  That's it, you're a trash talker.  Be who you want to be, but don't worry about our "feelings" please....

LOL!  Now I'm "labeled" a trash talker.  If that don't beat all!

Well if I'm gonna be labeld a trash talker I just want it to be known that I can and will back it up most of the time.

That said, I'm really not a bad guy...I just enjoy a little trash talk and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect it, that's rediculas.  Opinions are like a$$holes so everybody got one, but just because you have an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect it.  If you're gonna have an opinion at least back it up with some reasoning.

Don't just say...My opinion is the BUSA is the quickest/fastest bike on the planet when there are several periodicals that say something totally different these days.  Why should I respect that opinion?
I never said you have to respect other people's opinions.

And I didn't label "you", I said if you trash talk, you're a trash talker. Deep meaning.....

-------This is the internet...........

I love my Hayabusa and I hate to hear of any new production motorcycles that may be quicker or faster (cuz I got my bike, cuz it was the fastest), but if something comes along that is quicker or faster so be it.

I'm certainly not going to sit around and try to convince myself that the BUSA is quicker or faster when it isn't.
Hell, I dunno if your agreeing with me or not, but either way I think we are mostly on the same page...

The Busa is a Unique and fast motorcycle that offers comfort, serious speed, and handling. What else is left to argue about?

The liter bikes are track tools, sharpened every year, the Busa is a STREET bike, designed to be livable day in day out...

No matter what, any comparison or any meeting of these bikes in the world, is going to come down to the riders... thier skill and mood...

Back