Your best Miles per gallon ?

Blrry I have stands at home / lift access . The center stand was for on road trips / touring to clean chain .

My old Gen 1 stock except Yosh slipons got 45-50mpg, probably 48-49 average on a trip. My '11 Gen 2, yosh 4 into 1, de-restricted, PC3, gets 40-42 in same conditions, but is def much faster!

My best ever was 63mpg, which was all over 6000 feet elevation. Normally I get 42-50 by myself depending on the speeds. Pulling the trailer while two-up running 80mph+ will drop the mileage down to 38.

way back when my bike was completely stock i rode it at 55mph for some distance and my gauge read at one point 50mpg. that was the only time it did that. now with a 1397 kit etc i get about 36mpg on the highway at 75mph or so with luggage loaded down. thats what i got going to the dragon last month. I dont think thats bad at all really.

I've never rated MPG on a sportbike. I thought they were supposed to be rated to QMPG.

Quickest miles per gallon. :laugh:

Not sure about mileage, but I'm getting over 300 km on a tank; and that's not even to the fuel light coming on yet. I get better mileage than my wife does on her Ninja 1000. Makes her crazy. ha ha.

In the Raptor I get 11mpg...likely will change as I just put 37's on.

Busa I have +2 on rear and speedo healer and get 33-34mpg for normal riding. 35 miles to/from work doing 80-120 since I'm always on back roads

51.94 mpg , 210.2 to low fuel light . Took on 4.083 g @ 212.1 miles :) max speed 136 19/43 gearing stock bike . Rode mostly 5 to 10 over posted limits .

48 is about right, Gen I use to show 50 on the gauge if I was nice

^^^ agreed.

I don't know if the Gens are the same but the Gen I's only show to 50 on the gauge no matter how nice you ride.
So you have to hand calculate to know for sure.

In the end I doubt that 1 or 2 mpg is going to make any difference.

MOST bikes speedos are off some (without a speedohealer or a gearing change and/or tire change) so then is a GPS the best way to figure mileage?
I would think that GPS units would have to have very complex algorithms to calculate distance going around curves or corners, even lane changes too.
So Is anything really that accurate to get exact MPG? I doubt it. So again I don't think a 1 or 2 mile per gallon difference is much to worry about.
Also each tankful will be different as you can't exactly reproduce every ride at the same speed over the same track.
If you were really worried and afraid that you might have to walk if you ran out - well then I guess you had better carry an extra quart or two with you. :laugh:

So everyone knows this is GPS millage , same pump @ same station . FYI GPS and odometer are always with in 1 mile of each other for hundreds of miles .
My speedo reads 1 mph fast @ 80 mph with 19/43 gearing ( no speedo healer ) I bet a 190/55 rear tire puts it on the money for accurate mph to GPS .

My bike has a 190/55 and a 38 tooth rear sprocket and is right on the money according to my GPS.

The difference is the GPS can not change as fast as the bike can change speed so it lags behind.
At a steady speed though it is right on the money.

But like I said no two tankfuls will be exactly the same MPG. So in my book anything upper 40's or low 50's is fine with me.
That is of course riding most of the time within 5-10 mph of the speed limit. Having more fun will of course lower your MPG. :laugh:

I have A GEN II stock I got 48 mpg I weigh 240 lbs
after I installed a Brocks full system Alien head, and power commander and had a custom map built , and my ECU Flashed
I get around 38-42 depending on how I ride.
I ride up and down Mississippi gulf coast pretty flat land

I know the fuel light on my gen2 comes on way to early and i have at least another 100km or more before I start walking :laugh: best so far is 370km and it used only 17 litres pretty happy with that :thumbsup:

One thing I have noticed with my 2011 is that as the temperature drops so does my mileage. I commute 88 miles per day all year so have lots of saddle time to compute useless information like this as I motor along. During the summer I consistently get a GPS corrected 51 mpg. This holds out until the temps drop into the forties when I loose about 2 mpg. The thirties brings another drop of about 2 mpg. Into the twenties MPG tanks even further another one or two mpg. I have not done enough consistent days in the teens to have an accurate mileage estimate, but I would imagine it to be even less. My difference between summer and the dead of winter is six mpg. My guess is that the ECU is not programmed to compensate well for temperatures below fifty degrees. It may have something to do with the blend of fuel sold in the winter; though I do not know the specifics on how winter fuel differs from summer fuel.

57 degrees yesterday for high while riding. Was low of 52 when we started the slow ride pace = 48 mpg .
Today 62 warmed up to 69 by time i quit riding
209 miles at a much higher pace even clicked off 173
Gps mph max speed = 49 mpg

I have seen 53mpg on mine. That is 100% freeway with the Speedo indicating 80 mph. My wrist had a cramp from being in the same position for an hour and a half.

As soon as I start passing or other throttle intensive manuvers it drops to the normal 49ish on the freeway.

57 degrees yesterday for high while riding. Was low of 52 when we started the slow ride pace = 48 mpg .
Today 62 warmed up to 69 by time i quit riding
209 miles at a much higher pace even clicked off 173
Gps mph max speed = 49 mpg

Wow. Mine drops to the high twenty if I play in tripple digits.

Back