awesome gas mileage today

dentonbusa

Registered
i have owned my busa over 2yrs now and rode it over 22,000 miles the best gas mileage i ever got was 43 mpg. today i got 50 mpg. stock gearing running 6th gear at 55 mph. at 2,900 rpms.

thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
I drop to 45mpg at 65 but that 50mpg is really nice when you are stretching your fuel dollar...

thumb_up.gif

Was 55mph the fastest you went or was there a few quick roll-ons here and there? That is awesone!! The best I've been able to get was about 42-44..
beerchug.gif

HTF do you guys get such good mileage,I just had her dyno'd and STILL am only getting 19-21mpg.she runs smooth as hell but im stopping to get gas every 100mi
firedevil.gif

This is you-
NOS DRY SHOT WOT SWITCH W/DELAY
Full Brock/Hindle short Alien head
PCIII
GIPRO W/TRE
SPEEDO HEALER
VORTEX 42T SPROCKET
AIR SHIFTER W/ONBOARD COMP
ILLIMIGLO GAUGES
VORTEX REARSET
UNDERTAIL
AIRBOX MOD
TOBIN SEAT
COERCE CF INSERTS PAINTED BLACK
PAIR VALVE MOD
LOWERED 2" FRONT AND BACK

Thats probably why
beerchug.gif

This is me- Mine is stk xcept slip-ons,K&N,G-pack

j/k - I wish I knew.

HTF do you guys get such good mileage,I just had her dyno'd and STILL am only getting 19-21mpg.she runs smooth as hell but im stopping to get gas every 100mi
firedevil.gif
if you are on stock gearing, the map is just too fat on the low end.. I think the issue is most dyno guys want max power all the time... IF/WHEN Ryan ever calls me back I am going to ask him about that.. Why not set the first 25% of the throttle (MAP) for economy cruising? and the top half of the MAP for performance..

I like not worrying about fuel until the 190-220 mark. I would happily trade a bit of "umph" for mileage

42t rear sprocket.

it was originally mapped 10% fat to compensate for NOS,I dont use it often enough to justify running it like that so I had it re mapped without the NOS and still get poor MPG

Dialing mine in this weekend to around 45 mpg for the Bash trip! Don't really need 160+ rear wheel horsepower on the Dragon!!! Busa skydiving is not my idea of a good trip!!
rock.gif

Back