MPG

mr8ball

Registered
As most of you know by now the new busa has not been one for good MPG. Well on my last tank i took it easy and tryed to get it as good as i could. I got a whopping 52.38 MPG on this tank. I know it sounds crazy but here are the figures.

201.8 miles and 3.852 Gal With gas at 3.70 a Gal here i am glad to see this!

All i have done is put the two brothers slip on's with the double bubble wind screan. What is the best you guys have done? Good luck

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

laugh.gif

You guys buy a Busa then want gas mileage
laugh.gif

Enjoy the power, burn the gas!!
firedevil.gif

laugh.gif

As most of you know by now the new busa has not been one for good MPG. Well on my last tank i took it easy and tryed to get it as good as i could. I got a whopping 52.38 MPG on this tank. I know it sounds crazy but here are the figures.

201.8 miles and 3.852 Gal With gas at 3.70 a Gal here i am glad to see this!

All i have done is put the two brothers slip on's with the double bubble wind screan. What is the best you guys have done? Good luck
Doug,

Your bike is really looking good.. and great gas mileage too, what more can you ask for.

I got 45.45 on first tank and 42,37 on second tank..

i got a little over 200 miles on 4 gal while in break-in period... agree with the fact that if you want good gas mileage buy a 250

i got a little over 200 miles on 4 gal while in break-in period... agree with the fact that if you want good gas mileage buy a 250
This is true. I just like the fact and think it is funny that we have all this power and can get the kind of MPG
laugh.gif
. It dosent really matter to me i am still going to ride but its just nice to know if i ever need to slow down some.I use to have a prostreet nova with a 572 blown engin in it and it got 4 MPG but it had almost 2000 HP and i drove it on the street. I have to admitt MY BUSA is a lot more fun. Everyone be safe

DSC_0001RS.jpg

Nice Nova. I have a friend building a 69 Mustang Street Rod with 1100 HP at the crank. I'll have to get a few pics to post up of his ride.

And, yes these bike are very slippery in the wind. If you behave you will see great mileage. If you flog it it will still do 30+.

beerchug.gif

My '05 will do 47 MPG on the highway with the CC set. I've seen as low as 17 MPG when running hard.

No on the mode C.

My avg mpg has been 42/43. I avg 80-85 on hwy and have 6-8 miles of bumper to bumper traffic every day as well.... I think that's pretty good.

Got about 650 miles on her now and I haven't checked it yet. Why bother, I know it won't be good cause I'm constantly romping on it. Oh well!

I rode around for 6 hours on Sunday and topped off the tank 3 times. I was averaging 46mpg all day. Mix of highway and quick blasts.  So althoug I'm getting great milage, I find myself wasting money on gas because I can't stop riding this thing. AND GOING NOWHERE.

Didn't buy the big girl for fuel savings but it is nice to get the cake and eat it too! I try to save most of the hard riding for track and strip days. My job requires a pretty clean driving record no license no job. I'll leave the street stunts to others.

I've got about 1600 mi. and I am getting about 50mpg. It drops to about 44mpg if I play around the century mark. I can drive my truck for a week or ride my Busa for a month on the same gas, but a lot more fun!!!!!

Got 50 mpg on my highway ride home! Average 39-41 city highway! And get 30-32 in town! Love the big girl!!!

Back