Mode Controler and Good Use

niso

Registered
I never touched the mode controller on my k8 until recently and only then because of someone here on the board suggested it as a good way to practice launches.
Well I have found another use that I am employing now.
In some more technical riding areas, sweet tight twisties and such, "C" mode works well if you are riding the "Pace" and not needing to be real aggressive. It smooths out the throttle control to a large degree.
I also notice that if I use "C" for most of the ride, that I am getting about 48 mpg compared to about 42 mpg with "A" mpg.
So now I make a habit of activating the mode control before my commute to work.

What's weird is that when I used "C" mode I only got 29 MPG. I only used the "C" mode for the first tank of gas when I bought the bike from the dealer though while I was getting use to the clutch and throttle. When I moved to mode "A" I started getting between 36 and 42 MPG. I'll have to go back to mode "C" after my next fill up and see what my gas mileage is now after the bike is broken in a little bit. :thumbsup:

i have the twist it and rip it mode and the PASS button mode which activates my NOS..
:laugh: Im getting about 48 mpg when I ride normal and 36 when Im spanking her like a red headed step child

What's weird is that when I used "C" mode I only got 29 MPG. I only used the "C" mode for the first tank of gas when I bought the bike from the dealer though while I was getting use to the clutch and throttle. When I moved to mode "A" I started getting between 36 and 42 MPG. I'll have to go back to mode "C" after my next fill up and see what my gas mileage is now after the bike is broken in a little bit. :thumbsup:

I will do some more checking see if it is consistent. But I never even considered the modes when I first got the bike cause I was being sure it was going to give the same rush as my 750 Gixxer and 1250 Bandit....and it certainly does

I was going to make a post on this asking the same question. It seems to me on something like touring, riding down I-70 for 3 hours at 70~mph or what-have-you that you'd get better mileage in C mode. That's a nice practical use, along with in the rain.

If the B and C modes are timing retards, how could you possibly get better gas mileage?
I use C mode for the rain just in case I accidently crack the throttle too far open, but don't see how you could get better mileage.

Back