Gas milage

Ranger

Registered
Just realized on my first tank of gas I got about 160 miles. I know it hasn't steadied out yet since I'm still breaking it in, but on my 05 I was getting dang near 200 miles per tank, even when I was heavy on the throttle. Obviously the gas mileage will suffer with the better performance engine, So on my 1st tank I got around 32 mpg, I was wondering if anyone figured out their gas mileage yet on their broken-in 08?

busa_001.JPG

So far I have ranged from 32 to 45mpg in 750 miles. That's about the same as my 06 1k GSXR. No complaints!

my first tank was gone at 125miles with 4.1 galons. and with 70miles on my 2nd tank is more then half way gone. even with my 03 i was lucky to get more then 130-140 per tank. i did do 200 once on the hwy only.

around 100 miles on first tank topped by the dealer. u guys must be doing baby-break-ins to be getting that much miles out of it. u know what they say about the baby-break-ins.

yeah after my 3rd fill today 60 miles after beating the crap out of mine maybe past the F sighn
bump.gif
. in the city maybe 27-32mpg on the hwy 40-50mpg

I'm filling up about every 140 miles, haven't checked the mileage.

hijack.gif

But here's my deal, negative again, but has anyone else noticed how hosed the analog gas gauge is. We went on a ride saturday, at the start of the ride I filled up, after 70 miles the needle was barley off full, I knew that was bull, at 140 it was barely off empty. Rant, So I'm back to my statement a couple weeks ago that the gas gauge is a waste, a low fuel light would have been a better choice for the busa if they are not going to install a decent gauge. The only reliable points on the span and range of the gauge is full and empty, end rant.  

I'm filling up about every 140 miles, haven't checked the mileage.

hijack.gif

But here's my deal, negative again, but has anyone else noticed how hosed the analog gas gauge is. We went on a ride saturday, at the start of the ride I filled up, after 70 miles the needle was barley off full, I knew that was bull, at 140 it was barely off empty. Rant, So I'm back to my statement a couple weeks ago that the gas gauge is a waste, a low fuel light would have been a better choice for the busa if they are not going to install a decent gauge. The only reliable points on the span and range of the gauge is full and empty, end rant.
Yup, I see that trend also, although I think if you fill it to the rim, it will keep the float topped out for quite a bit till the gas level gets to the bottom of the tanks "neck". Toward empty it was pretty accurate, I was about half way into the red on the gauge, filled it up and figuring with how much I put in,there was about a 1/2 gallon of gas left, Spot on.

But here's my deal, negative again, but has anyone else noticed how hosed the analog gas gauge is. We went on a ride saturday, at the start of the ride I filled up, after 70 miles the needle was barley off full, I knew that was bull, at 140 it was barely off empty.
Sadly, I am seeing this same, exact behavior.
thumb_down.gif

Which is a bummer.... I'm diggin' the analog gauges, but it would be nice to see the gas gauge be a little more accurate

Back