Gas Mileage

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
Ok so here's the deal, I recently got 206.4 miles out of my Gen 2 before giving in and finding a gas station to refill. I was riding sensibly with some friends but have to add that there was some high speed work on twisty stuff thrown in :whistle:. What's your best tank range so far?

I got 48mpg once... then i started modding and enjoying my bike :whistle:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I get 51-52 MPG on a daily basis on my Gen II. I have changed my gearing to 18/39 and calibrated my speedometer with a SpeedoDRD. I have a 120 mile round trip commute to work and fill up right about 240 miles per tank with a bit left over for convenience stops if needed.

I did not buy the Busa for its fuel economy so never paid attention to the mileage I am getting.......seriously! I fill up when the light comes on and then ride some more :)

50 on my gen 1 doind a trip cross country . last year going to sturgis with the mods and the big bore I got 44. When I ride with friends I get about 25 :laugh:

I checked the gas mileage last weekend on a 320 mile trip, I got 53 MPG which i find to be absolutely amazing, I was expecting more like 35 MPG. The trip was all crusing at 65-70 MPH, no full throttle runs at all.

I did not buy the Busa for its fuel economy so never paid attention to the mileage I am getting.......seriously! I fill up when the light comes on and then ride some more :)

Nor did I, was just wondering what other guys get is all.

Off subject, but I know when the light comes on I still have close to two gallons of fuel remaining.

My reserve light usually comes on at about 185 miles, and after that I have at least 40 miles before empty. Best I have gotten is 209 miles till the reserve light came on. I've filled at 230+ miles before.

I found the same, about 2 gallons of gas left in the tank when the "low fuel" light comes on. Nice to know there is a healthy reserve.

I did not buy my Busa for fuel economy but it sure does get great mileage under cruise conditions, one more reason it is the best bike ever built!!!

So far I'm lucky around here. The 93 is still gas, if you're running alcohol you'll suffer a little on mileage.

Could ne in my head but I think I got better mileage before I went with the Alienhead. I filled up today and was a little above a half a tank after 70 miles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Neither did I, but it is nice to have the option there if/when I want it. I live an hour from the dragon and even less time from twisties in other mountains. Each of us love our bike for different reasons. I love mine for many, to include getting 50+ MPG on the super slab or leaned over in the mountains.

Not again LOL!!!!:corner: I can get 500 miles before I can fill it if I recalibrate my speedo.:rofl: Yes you can stretch a stock GENII busa to the 200 mile take mark with a stock odometer take away the 8+% error and really you went 184 miles. Hmm lets see in reality now if this is so, no speedo healer stock gen II tanke is what? hmm 5.5gals 4.5 gal light comes on.. OK so who here has gone ..... 5.5X 48 MPG 264 miles before refueling.. Ok now try this 8% error... 48MPG X 8% = +.3.8 mpg = round off to 52MPG lets say you filled up and took 5 gallons..... 5 gallons X 52 MPG = 260 miles on a tank at the pumps?

I fill up twice a week at right around 240 miles give or take a few for beer stops. I put in between 4.5 to 4.7 gallons of fuel and my speedo/odometer has been calibrated with a SpeedoDRD to GPS speed indication.

I ride my bike to work 120 miles round trip and have nearly the same results every time I fill up. When it comes time to swap the front sprocket I will go up to a 19 and hope to get near 60 MPG on my commute. The Hayabusa has power for days and will be just fine in the mountains when I am riding with friends on the weekend. I love how versatile the Hayabusa is.

i get about 20-25 miles per gallon on my gen1. Its always been a mistery as to why my gas mileage is so low. My gas light comes on right around 100 miles.

Ive gotten well over 50mpg. Never actually got an exact figure. I will keep a log on my next trip for sure.

Today I got 25mpg hammering it :laugh:

Back