Poor gas Mileage.

Simce Rob said the above what about spark plug age ? Suzuki wants them replaced every 7500 miles . I went 24,000 and was surprised to see the wear on the tip of center electrode . Ground electrode was worn also . Neither had the sharp edges anymore , and were well rounded .
7,500 miles?!!!!!!! I need to read my manual more. Mine has over 14k and I’ve never even checked the plugs. Sounds like I might need to order some parts.
7DA88D40-2A68-41C8-98F4-EE6E77734AA3.jpeg

Miguel how did you get a lite up cruise key pad?

View attachment 1589285
Yours is not? I didn’t specify what I wanted, simply placed the order and that’s what came with my cruise. Now that you mention it, makes me want to check the one I just installed on the concours. I haven’t paid attention to see if that one has backlights or not.

Last edited:
With Amsoil synthetic a 5,000 mile interval is fine. Anything less is a waste of oil and does nothing (more) for your motor vs a 3,500 mile interval.

With Amsoil synthetic a 5,000 mile interval is fine. Anything less is a waste of oil and does nothing (more) for your motor vs a 3,500 mile interval.
I was trying to go longer than 5k on amsoil, but the wet clutch doesn’t help longevity of the oil, so my 5k and 10k mile samples sent to Blackstone, they recommended to stay with my 5k mile interval and not go longer, due to the deposits from clutch plate wear. I’m not sending more samples in and will simply stick to 5k mile changes.

filter is every other oil change ;)

I’ve heard arguments for just the other way around saying that a filter, if it’s doing a proper job, should reduce the contaminants better if changed more frequently or at least with every oil change. Factoring the minimal cost of a filter, why not?

I’ve heard arguments for just the other way around saying that a filter, if it’s doing a proper job, should reduce the contaminants better if changed more frequently or at least with every oil change. Factoring the minimal cost of a filter, why not?
I'm just sharing what the book says . I know of a high mile bird motor thats been doing just that . Following the book ;)

I'm using 93 octane Rob. I did some looking into plug life as iridium are listed as 100,000 mile plugs. Well 100,000 k is @ 2700 rpms avg. What you see in a car / truck at cruise speeds or hwy use. We turn 3 times, and 4 times that at hwy speeds. After researching it I was not surprised to see the wear then.

Hell, didn’t even think of it that way. But that makes complete sense.

And for what it’s worth, I base my oil change intervals based on how many 400+ hp pulls I’ve made.

I average 45 ish on the freeway. 33 intown. Low twenties with let's say spirited ridding.

If I peg 75 indicates and leave it there 52 mpg is possible. I had to run the numbers twice. Lol.

No I didn't get my busa for fuel mileage. I just like to know to plan my fuel stops for rides.

Low 20s seems ridiculously low. My six carb Honda only got that low when I was really hammering it. I rode across Nevada on my stock 06 one fine day around a bunch forty until I needed fuel and even then my mileage was better.

Guess I know what I'm doing over the winter-changing plugs. Oil change in the spring and then GTG for the season.

Back