Poor gas Mileage.

My poor bike has never seen above 23 mpg since new. I spent too much time goosing it, I mean I just can’t help myself.
It always killed me that they put that damn mpg indicator too as to shun me for my lack of self control.

My poor bike has never seen above 23 mpg since new. I spent too much time goosing it, I mean I just can’t help myself.
It always killed me that they put that damn mpg indicator too as to shun me for my lack of self control.

How can that be? My six carb six cylinder CBXs got better mpg.

Simce Rob said the above what about spark plug age ? Suzuki wants them replaced every 7500 miles . I went 24,000 and was surprised to see the wear on the tip of center electrode . Ground electrode was worn also . Neither had the sharp edges anymore , and were well rounded .

How can that be? My six carb six cylinder CBXs got better mpg.
I mean unless the calculation in the cluster is off.
I always just looked at that and assumed that was my mpg.
I got it to 29 once on a ride with my dad on his Harley from ct to ny

B3A0B84D-91B9-492A-A9C6-75509E80EDEF.jpeg

I’m willing to bet the tips of the enjectors are clogged messing up the spray pattern, giving poor atomization. Poor spray pattern will decrease mileage and power.
If that were the case it came from factory like that. The bike had 7 miles on it lol. I mean I do ride hard, like really hard. My bike has 13,000 and I had gone through 3 sets of tires.

Some of you low mile guys ;) 13,000 I did that in the first 10 months. Last two years slower as only 29,xxx now

So that's before it sat?
Yea that is the fuel mileage suggestion that was calculated and stored. For all I know that thing is BS. I was never really concerned with fuel economy. I may be more concerned if I was traveling farther but then again If I was traveling farther I would prob get better economy

Neoteck guppy? Or is that mouth more of a baby grouper? LOL
So tell us what you think? Quiet? compared to what?
Hey inquiring minds want to know!

Back