gas tank issue?

09Zxkiller

Registered
I have my 09 busa and ever since I got it I seem to be getting **** gas mileage from what I've read... I get 170mile per tank at most with the light turning on... I can top off 4.5 or so gallons after the light turns on.. I just want to know if that sounds about right? I know about punching it and whatever but I have also just cruised it to see what I'd get... another thing is ill get almost 80 miles before the needle moves then it just plummeted towards the e Everytime... does this sound normal? Just want some opinions...
Posted via Mobile Device

I have my 09 busa and ever since I got it I seem to be getting **** gas mileage from what I've read... I get 170mile per tank at most with the light turning on... I can top off 4.5 or so gallons after the light turns on.. I just want to know if that sounds about right? I know about punching it and whatever but I have also just cruised it to see what I'd get... another thing is ill get almost 80 miles before the needle moves then it just plummeted towards the e Everytime... does this sound normal? Just want some opinions...
Posted via Mobile Device

Both the consumption and the plummeting needle are normal (at least...it's the same with my bike anyway). Hard to get a fuel gauge to be accurate unless the tank is perfectly square.

The Gen I wasn't that bad but the Gen II stays on full forever and then drops like a rock. If you're stock and ride like granny you'll get 50 MPG

Same results here. During my commute, I normally fill up at around 220 miles, but then I put right at about 5 gallons in. The light comes on right around 180 miles.

sounds just like my 08, get 70 miles then needle moves from full and to light coming on at around160 miles, i could push it to 180 or 200 i guess before being completely empty. i did notice when i had my fuel tank repainted after the reinstall i filled up a gallon gas jug and poured it in the tank and the needle didnt move off of E, so i guess even when the light does come on there is still around a gallon and a half in the tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's kinda weird though ill ride normal like accelerate normal and have a few bursts at full throttle etc ride like an ass for a bit then normal riding and it will get the same mileage as when I put it around like a grand pa... I guess ill just rape it everywhere...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine's the same.. I got about 90mi on it before the gauge dropped like a rock.. but I only get about 150 or so before the light turns on.. hmmmm

Ok as long as all of yours are ****ed up too then I'm happy lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing wrong with the bikes........you're just beginning to get to know yours :whistle:
When I went on a 1000 mile/24-hr trip, we made sure we topped off the tanks after having travelled 170 miles.....regardless of the low-fuel light coming on or not.

I have a 09 also and that sounds about right. I actually get a little bit worse due to gearing. :laugh:

:thumbsup:lol i thought that was just mine take i long to move off full then it drop like a rock so now i feel good knowing it not just me :cheerleader:

The Gen I wasn't that bad but the Gen II stays on full forever and then drops like a rock. If you're stock and ride like granny you'll get 50 MPG
Yup............I'm all stock, get 50MPG and usually drive like the "grandpa" I am! :laugh:

Mine is the same.

But what really drives me nuts is the lip inside the fill hole on the tank. I fill it then shake it, fill it and shake it... on and on drives me crazy. On my XX I just sit on the bike holding the bike off the stand an fill it to the top.

I just want to drill a small hole in the lip so it will fill to the top. Know what I'm saying?

Back