power commander

mr8ball

Registered
Hey guys do i really need power commander with my Two Brothers slip on;s?? I ride with a few guys and they keep telling me i need to do it. They said it will increses my MPG and HP. I now get about 45 MPG and dont know the HP. I admit i dont know anything about it and i know you guys will. This is all i have done to my bike in put the slip on's on. If it will really help i dont mind getting one but i would like to make sure before i do it.  Thanks in advance, Doug

My_Hayabusa_144RS.jpg

When i put the slip on's on i could tell it had more power in the seat but with out a Dyno it hard to tell. Can the dealer where i got it do what they are telling me (remap it)?

You'll only get more MPG if it's tuned correctly. Most maps for slipon pipes lean out the top, but richen the mid and lower ranges. On my dyno run with Yosh R22's my bike ran slightly lean in some areas, and slightly rich in uppers. I has a few more lbs of torque and 8 less HP than stock cans. The Busa is so well tuned with the factory pipes anything will throw it off and you'll loose a few ponies.

If you want to do it then send me a PM. I can send you the MAP that I did for mine. It's pretty conservative. I haven't installed it yet because just got it yesterday. I can't promise it to run better as each bike is different.

everyone should get a power ocmmander i beleive that way eventually when you start doing mods you already have it.

When i put the slip on's on i could tell it had more power in the seat but with out a Dyno it hard to tell. Can the dealer where i got it do what they are telling me (remap it)?
TB slip-ons have the smallest tubing out there. For those slip-ons I would say you are ok without a PCIII. If they were a larger tube slip-on you may have concerns. You may be running a little on the rich side versus lean. A dyno pull with AFR would let you know.

TB slip-ons have the smallest tubing out there. For those slip-ons I would say you are ok without a PCIII. If they were a larger tube slip-on you may have concerns. You may be running a little on the rich side versus lean. A dyno pull with AFR would let you know.
Hey Greg,

I will be bringing my 08 to you sometime soon since I don't trust Petes or CW in Baltimore, maybe we can dyno and other stuff please snd me PM let me know how the shop workload is looking coming up next week or so
rock.gif
peace.gif

Back