57 MPG on a Gen II?!

SavoBusa

Registered
So, I filled up and reset my trip odometer before driving the scenic route down to Daytona. On the way back, I took the interstate at 80 MPH. I had to fill up right before getting to the house. I filled up (4.4 gals, I was on "walk", so to speak) and flipped over to the trip odometer and to my astonishment, it read 250 miles! That's almost 57 MPG! So, I was wondering if this was just an anomoly. I have never gotten over 44 MPG before, even on the long trips. My bike is mostly stock with the exception of some slip-ons.

Anyone else got gas mileage like this?

I have gotten around 53 MPG on a long freeway trip. I have gotten 40 MPG riding in the mountains. 19 is my average at the track.

I got 55mpg on her first ride home of 4 1/2 hours. My trip to and from work on average have been 38-42 mpg city/highway. So your gen II is working good for you!

I got 50 or more is what my odometer showed me on my Gen1 riding real slow in the rain once. 50 is the highest the odometer will show you I beleive, so I dont really know what she got.

I've never paid attention, but that seems pretty darned good! :cheerleader:

if you go the other way(against the wind) it would have been 43 mpg...sometimes wind works for you
:laugh:

I have averaged anywhere from 51 to 56 ever since i bought the bike.the best ive gotten is 58 mpg at 77 mph average for bout 200 miles.the worst ive gotten is bout 34 but that is haulin serious azz.above 100 for 75 + miles.gotta love these deserted west texas roads.:laugh:

Hate to burst some bubbles of 50+ MPG on GEN busas.
I thought the samething UNTIL I put a GPS to compare to speedo.
Well to be exact it was almost 8% off. I was seeing 47 MPG running on the interstate
Well now that my Speedo has been calibrated with the SPEEDODRD dead on accurate
I get my accurate MPG. Say you got 50MPG with calibrating your speedo take 8% off of that and you get 4MPG off which equals 46.
On the average riding I am geting 37MPG and I ride fairly hard.

Hate to burst some bubbles of 50+ MPG on GEN busas.
I thought the samething UNTIL I put a GPS to compare to speedo.
Well to be exact it was almost 8% off. I was seeing 47 MPG running on the interstate
Well now that my Speedo has been calibrated with the SPEEDODRD dead on accurate
I get my accurate MPG. Say you got 50MPG with calibrating your speedo take 8% off of that and you get 4MPG off which equals 46.
On the average riding I am geting 37MPG and I ride fairly hard.

Put that bad boy in mode C and you will see well over 50mpg. Before I turned it into a straight drag bike I used for freeway trips. Mode C...plenty of power for the highway, AWESOME gas mileage! Give it a shot!!!:thumbsup:

Put that bad boy in mode C and you will see well over 50mpg. Before I turned it into a straight drag bike I used for freeway trips. Mode C...plenty of power for the highway, AWESOME gas mileage! Give it a shot!!!:thumbsup:

I've read about 5 other threads where people have tested this out repeatedly and no significant gains in mpg were seen by using B or C mode. ???

And who really cares about the mpgs...really?

Unless your concern is running too rich or something along those lines, it's kinda like dating a stripper, then being mad when she goes and does her job.

And who really cares about the mpgs...really?

Unless your concern is running too rich or something along those lines, it's kinda like dating a stripper, then being mad when she goes and does her job.

X2. How are you having any fun counting mpgs, get a smart car, prius or some other lame mobile.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back