Your best Miles per gallon ?

c10

Registered
So I have the a new Gen two . ( bone stock ) Filled up at my local station , and went for a ride . Speed was 60 to 75 mph indicated .
One 6th gear roll on to 140 mph , two short 1st through 3rd sprints shifting @ 10,500 rpms . So after 109.4 miles I fill up at the same station.
Even the same pump at about the same time as the day before . took on 2.290 gallons to the same place on the filler neck .

That was 47.7 mpg with stock gearing . ( special notes I'm 5' 1" a buck 37 ) so I fit well behind the double bubble screen . This is quiet pleasing
due to if I throw a 18/41 sprocket combo I should net 50+ mpg for my touring .

I wonder if a ECU reflash could help mpg :hide: I know some of you are like mpg ? WTF ? Its a distance thing with people I ride with we dont stop for 200 plus miles when traveling to a rally .

Best I ever had was right at 50 MPG going across the Salt Flats in Utah. Electronic Cruise was set and it just ran, I had an extra 80ish lbs on the old girl at the time but was still pretty good.

I went to a 40 tooth rear on my 08 and usually see around 60-63 mpg at 70-75mph. No cruise control just a steady wrist.

I would say your mileage is good. I know a lot of people don't care but I am like you, I do. I use my bike to commute to work most days. My first 2012 I got about the same milage as you 46-50. My current 2012 after flashed I get about 30-32. I know all bikes are different and wish I had gotten a baseline on this one before I had it tuned.

I get around 37-40mpg. My setup is out of wack but I think once it's done I should get a solid 45mpg or better.

I went to a 40 tooth rear on my 08 and usually see around 60-63 mpg at 70-75mph. No cruise control just a steady wrist.

What kind of RPM's are you cruising at when 70-75mph? Have you a speedohealer so that's a true 70-75, or just indicated? That's pretty awesome fuel economy!

I get about 15mpg on my truck ('15 F350 diesel crew cab with 8' bed - but it's for hauling lumber, toys, and RV's), about 34 in my car (MR-2 Spyder SMT) and around 48 on my '14 Hayabusa and 54 on my DR650SE. I'd love to get up to 60 on the Busa!

With the awful summer heat/humidity, I take the car most days now, but look forward to the 8 months of the year I'll be back on my bike!

while in boost? who cares.....:laugh: prob 25 mpg or so on average but I ride pretty hard so probably more like 20 mpg. if I wanted great mpg id buy a Prius....:beerchug:

I notice you never agree or have much positive to say . FYI Prius does not move the soul or go 186 mph stock . When I want to go real fast I just ride the drag bikes . low 8's on just 1195ccs of motor only .

Back to topic . I ordered a 19 front sprocket today . Ill throw it on when I place a center stand on .

I notice you never agree or have much positive to say . FYI Prius does not move the soul or go 186 mph stock . When I want to go real fast I just ride the drag bikes . low 8's on just 1195ccs of motor only .

Back to topic . I ordered a 19 front sprocket today . Ill throw it on when I place a center stand on .

Sorry to give you bad news here, but you can not put a center stand on a Gen 2!
The brackets to mount the stand are not there on the newer frames.

Sorry to give you bad news here, but you can not put a center stand on a Gen 2!
The brackets to mount the stand are not there on the newer frames.

That is awesome :( I felt looking at old pictures on the board there was something missing on gen II . Guess ill be reselling a brand new stand on the OA then.

The best I got was when running in, 52mpg two up. I think the gas has changed since then though, with the 10% ethanol thing you never know.

I consistently get 50 mpg on my 2011 commuting at 75 mph; sometimes a few miles more depending what I am doing. I have a full Hindle exhaust and a K&N air filter. I have gone up one tooth on the counter sprocket to raise my gearing a bit. This makes the speedometer accurate within 1 mph at 75 mph. When computing mileage, keep in mind that the stock odometer is 5-7% off, and more if you have geared your bike down.

I consistently get 50 mpg on my 2011 commuting at 75 mph; sometimes a few miles more depending what I am doing. I have a full Hindle exhaust and a K&N air filter. I have gone up one tooth on the counter sprocket to raise my gearing a bit. This makes the speedometer accurate within 1 mph at 75 mph. When computing mileage, keep in mind that the stock odometer is 5-7% off, and more if you have geared your bike down.

Thank you Samaki . On a R6S going up one in the front makes speedo correct as well . I have a 19 tooth in route . I noticed the Hayabusa off by 5% below 50 mph , but after 50 plus it was off typical 7% . My FJR1300 / ZRX's are off that much as well . The ZRX is driven off the front wheel so no fixing the error easily.
I think my brother , and I are going to order Black widow headers to stay dual outlets with no cats . It may help some on the mpg's / performance , but not as well as some of the other systems out there on the market .

didnt know 186 mph was fast....:poke:

I run the 18/40 But every thing in the tune is different. But the mpg is very good. Its the power that i care about.

Pushed 52 mpg while on the Iron Butt ride. -1 down on the rear helped with 4-6 extra mpg.

One steady speed for hours on end.

Amazing gas mileage for this bike.

9769383651_d045542c2a_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No speedohealer just going off the GPS I think rpm's are around 4200 I noticed that dropping to 40 teeth on the rear the speedometer is dead on at 80 per GPS. didn't verify at higher speeds.

That is awesome :( I felt looking at old pictures on the board there was something missing on gen II . Guess ill be reselling a brand new stand on the OA then.

You can get a Bursig, an ABBA or a knock-off Bursig (for about 1/2-1/3 the price) and it's better than a center stand as both wheels come off the bike.

I bought the Bursig - but would have bought the ABBA Skylift if I had heard about it sooner and weren't in Alaska at the time of the purchase. More options on positioning and a LOT higher lift.

Good to know - going to order a 1 tooth larger front sproket - fix my speedo without buying a speedohealer, and better MPG to boot!

186 is fast. Now you know. :laugh:

Tim - do you run a cruise control to get your steady speed for hours on end?

Back