57 MPG on a Gen II?!

I have my speedometer corrected using SpeedoDRD and set to true speed rated by a GPS. I have also swapped my rear sprocket from a 43 to a 39 and get 51-52 MPG on my 120 mile round trip commute.

I am at 17K miles and just purchased plugs and an air filter. Hoping that will get me near 55 MPG, but we will see. Also, when it comes time to swap the front sprocket I will go up to a 19 from 18 and maybe get into the 60's for MPG. For me, the bike pulled like a raped ape still and cruises like a Caddy.

How many RPMs are you turning at 80 MPH?

Based on my personal experience with my '08, if ya zero out the speedo the odometer reads low. My odometer was pretty close with stock gearing but when adjusted 7% with a SpeeoHealer to zero out the speedo, the odometer read low the same 7% compared to my Zumo 450.

I have my speedometer corrected using SpeedoDRD and set to true speed rated by a GPS. I have also swapped my rear sprocket from a 43 to a 39 and get 51-52 MPG on my 120 mile round trip commute.

I am at 17K miles and just purchased plugs and an air filter. Hoping that will get me near 55 MPG, but we will see. Also, when it comes time to swap the front sprocket I will go up to a 19 from 18 and maybe get into the 60's for MPG. For me, the bike pulled like a raped ape still and cruises like a Caddy.

I can believe this, I wasnt aware of your gear change. What is your RPM at 75MPH?
Yes some may think who cares about MPG on a busa but that is what makes it so interesting. Some use our busas as drag racing machines, some trailer em to bike shows, some ride em across country. I think its interesting trying to get the most MPG out of a high performance bike.
Its just like I used to be on a scooter forum LOL! Yeah I know scooter but on that site there were a few trying to squeeze every HP out of there 150CC based block, I was one and went over board and spent $$$$$ on high performance engine parts and nitrous, when I could have just bought a kawi ninja 250cc LOL!! Its a challenge thats what its all about.

Drove 300 miles home from a river trip going 55mph right behind my friends RV the whole way. (sucked A$$) but when I filled it up I only put in 4.43 gallons. I keep track with GasCubby on my phone. So that clicks off at 67.7 mpg. Never saw that again but I was scared when we were driving because my fuel light usually comes on at 190-200 and it wasn't on until 265.

What is your RPM at 75MPH?

I cruise at around 70 MPH and the RPM gauge sits at about 3850 or so. If I go up to 75 MPH, it will get almost dead on 4000. It is like a kitten at 4000 RPM with cruise control set. Very stable, no vibration and makes the ride nice while I listen to the morning show comedy act.

I am thinking that by going to a 19 in the front, at 70 MPH the RPM gauge will be near 3400-3500 and get into the 60 MPG area. I will be sure to post an update.

Back