Miles Per Gallon

When I am not riding hard...I normally get around 43 - 45 mpg. When I am riding hard...I normally get around 36-38 mpg.

Just got back from a day trip. Just short of 400 miles. Speeds ranged from 45 - 184 (gps). Maintained a whoppin 50mpg the whole day. Most of it was 75-85mph up the mountain, around the mountain, down the mountain. I was told by the dealer here to use the lowest octane gas (86)because of the high oxygen content, seems to have worked fine. I like the gas mileage but man the A/C quite working everytime we got in town...

50mpg.JPG

What elevation are you at? I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. I have never got close to 50......best I ever remember was 38

We are at about 3500 feet normal and the ride today took us all the way up to around 7600 feet. As far as I know higher elevation robs of power as well as more fuel burn so not sure why it would be better. My wifes Katana had about the same results. I have no mods as far as engine or exhaust go and it was me (225lbs) and my son together on the back (123lbs). I am more than happy with the results. I figured the calculations manually and it was right at 52.7 MPG

I am slightly higher, 4100, but wouldn't think that would make that big a difference hmm its a mystery wrapped in an enigma

Back