Busa CAN be a GAS SAVER

Cool, i did'nt know the 08 busa had a mile counter.
In the event you are not joking, my 2003 has two counters and two MPG average indicators.

I do the same thing, hit the free way, stay in the slow lane and don't exceed 70mph, usually try to keep it around 65

I have cruisers, old lady's, kids on skateboards (
biggrin.gif
) passing me. Don't really care. All I care about is making sure my MPG doesn't drop below 42.

I have saddlebags and a tank bag. pretty much all I am doing on the busa these days is using it for a commuter.

Still haven't seen 50 yet, but I've seen 48 a few times. We have a lot of hills around me and you wind up in stop an go traffic too. I ride to work every day rain or shine. I generally get 42 for commuting. No complaints here!

I've been riding a lot this week. My car averages 25-30 MPG, but requires 93. Bike is averaging 42.

I've gotten almost 60 MPG before, all highway and under 70. 291 miles to a tank.

my bike is my commuter. it gives me twice the fuel mileage in my truck in the city and knocks about 10 minutes off my trip too. on the highway, going about 70-80 mpg on my 1000RR i get just under 52 mpg; gotta love it. the only thing i hate is baking under the sun at a red light but it's a small price to pay.

Are you kidding, on another thread I just said how awesome this has been. I get to ride my bike up to Toronto for business since it is cheaper than a plane and the gas mileage argument won the day. The company is all about saving money, I'm hoping to cover the whole east coast by the end of the year.

I've been riding a lot this week. My car averages 25-30 MPG, but requires 93. Bike is averaging 42.

I've gotten almost 60 MPG before, all highway and under 70. 291 miles to a tank.
Just curious, did your mileage meter indicate that you were getting over 50 mpg??

After getting numerous speeding awards
banghead.gif
I decided to go easy on the throttle and yesterday while riding on the highway, I saw the mpg meter rising steadily from 46 to 50 and then it stopped going any higher no matter how much I coasted. This gives me the feeling that the Busa mpg meter will not read higher than 50.0 mpg even though you get something higher than that.

Anyone evr got their reading to be higher than 50 mpg??

Just curious, did your mileage meter indicate that you were getting over 50 mpg??

After getting numerous speeding awards  
banghead.gif
  I decided to go easy on the throttle and yesterday while riding on the highway, I saw the mpg meter rising steadily from 46 to 50 and then it stopped going any higher no matter how much I coasted.  This gives me the feeling that the Busa mpg meter will not read higher than 50.0 mpg even though you get something higher than that.  

Anyone evr got their reading to be higher than 50 mpg??
Can't say that I have. But that's a good question: Is that 50.0 mpg reading the maximum, which would be the limitation of the gauge, or CAN it read beyond that, but we just can't achieve it due to the physical and engineering limitations of the rider and the bike?

Are we turning into Hypermilers?

http://autos.aol.com/article....9990001

I already pay $290.00 a month, for 10 months a year.
banghead.gif
wowold.gif
Go with state farm for all your insurance. I am 26 years old and pay $30 a month for my busa. I pay $168 a month total for a 05 busa, 05 dodge srt4, 02 jeep liberty and a 92 ford ranger. That is full coverage on everything but the ranger.

I too cannot get the onboard counter to read above 50.0mpg

I commute to work everyday on my stock 2006 Hayabusa, and consistently get 46mpg and 200 miles on the trip computer before the fuel light comes on. Then another 20 miles before refueling.

I run 87 octane, stock pipes, -1/+2 gearing, 190/50-17 rear tire at about 42psi.

My got 90 miles out of 6 gallons yesterday. That's a whopping 15 MPG. Not much savings over my truck, but I don't slam my truck around the race track either.

firedevil.gif

I just got 300 miles from 1 tank. I did take it easy for most of that tank but had a few 160mph runs in there.

Its 66miles round trip for me to work.I can drive the busa 3 days for what it would cost me for 1 day in the diesel.I have definetly been saving some cash!!!!

The meter does stop at 50.0... I made a thread a little while ago on EBC. Guess no one ever expected this street queen to obey her thrist
bowdown.gif

I've taken numerous day trips and I always get about 45 MPG IF I stay out of the throttle. Impressive for a bike of this magnitude.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back