Miles per gallon

I've got a stock busa except for the chrome. The engine and exhaust are all stock. One the highway i was getting 44-45 miles per gallon. I just put in a K&N air filter and and now getting 50mpg, which is great since i do more distance riding than anything else. But it seems a lot higher than what i read. Anyone else getting close to those numbers??

The trip computer on my bike has given me approx. 5.6 l/100km for heavy handed days. I filled up again and that number was pretty well on.
I was to say the least happy with the results.
Dale

When I first got my Busa I was getting 50 MPG but after I put the Two Brothers exhaust on and it got broke in it reports about 44 or so I do alot of 2 up riding though . I have never checked it to confirm so dont know about accuracy

Now that I put the 16T front sproket on I am getting about 24mpg. It made a huge difference in the RPM's I'm turning, and it is drinking the gas.

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I have watched this very closely, I have gotten 50 mpg before but it was when I was barely on the gas, 70 mph, easy starts and stops. I went on a ride with my dad on his goldwing and I had to ride really easy. But I have also seen 28 mpg when I was riding with a group !!!!

I use by Busa as my daily commuter into NYC and I can't get more than 30mpg per tank...If i run it 'til it's dry the onboard usually says closer to 28. On the other hand when i brougth it up from WV (bought it down there, great price) it was up around 35-38.

Hey Darkeye, where do you commute from do you take the tunnel GW bridge or the NYS thruway. On the average I useally get good gas mi never below 35mpg

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
If your getting that kind of gas mileage...Your riding to slow and the "STUNNAH" will get little on you quick...
wink.gif