Gas Mileage

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
I went on a ride with my Pa and 2 bros. Yesterday. 1st day it was 70-ish and sunny enough to ride on the weekend. Anyway, I was in the back of the pack and had to play catch-up on a stretch of the trip. I couldnt help but notice my mile/gallon on odometer went from averaging 42-44 to an outstanding 50-mpg the rest of the ride(6hours). Has anyone ever gotten 50 miles to the gallon consistantly? At first I thought maybe an injector quit on me, but it seemed to run smoother and still had the awesome power she's always had. Must tell you, we averaged 60-mph adn when we rode through the small towns(35 mph) the mpg went as low as 49.3 and NO LOWER. Does anyone what their mpg?

i had been getting 49 on the highway consistently if im not loaded down and doing close to the speed limit. best i ever did was 49.9 at about 65 or 70. never could quit get to 50. dropped down a bit since the sprocket change now though

I'm at about 25 mpg. and I'm happy with it
beerchug.gif

when i was stock i got an avg of 43-45 and on long trips on the freeway my mpg gauge would peg at the 50.0 mark. now, with no tune i get around 37... id like to get it back to atleast 40 though.

I do mostly city driving, probably 95%

So my rating is usually about 33-37mpg tops. I cruise in the 3500-4500 RPM range.
But I beat the hell out of the throttle every chance I get.
whistling.gif

My bike is completely stock aside from the bolt on Yosh RS-3's.

22 mpg here I had 26 as my best, I dont know how you all get 45-50 with a modded busa unless you drive it slower than my pw50 maxes out.

Since I have been in Florida and can't seem to get anywhere over 45 mph, my gas mileage dropped to 35 mpg to 38 mpg. I can get 45 if I can get on highway sometimes shows 50, but seem to average a little less. Can squeeze 200 miles out of a tank on highway. I managed 245 miles on a tank from Indiana, through Illinois and into Missouri one night really late. Tank was bone dry when I stopped at gas station. With prices like they are on gas, I started watching my fuel use. I use bike down hear for transportation not just fun. If you cruise at lower speeds right at 3 grand, she uses little gas, any less or more and it starts going down hill. At highway speeds, 70-75 mph seems to be sweet spot. Speed limit drops it, and over that drops it. Tucking helps too.

I weigh 230 and i get 38 mpg with the bike untned, bad chain etc. I think after the tune and couple other fixes it will jump to 45.. If my 98 pound gf was riding it she would get 50mpg probably

did a trip from NH to CT yesterday, all highway 150 or so miles, traveling 70-85 depending on traffic

43.2 was my average.

Keep the revs below 3.5 on shifts and drive gently around town and you can manage 43ish. On the Hiway keep it 65ish with no agressive manuevers and you can stay at 50 indicated almost indefintely. I believe the Trip Computer does not show any real mileage above indicated 50 MPG. So figuiring that there are circumstances that you can touch 50+ on occasion it averages to an indicated 50 MPG if you pay attention to what you are doing and drive like your grandma....you too can maintain a VERY efficient 1300 CC High horespower bike. Anything past stock for equipment and the aforementioned results is unknown to me, but I have done more than one cruise "gas mileage" mode and have held the 50 MPG mark with consistent results......but....it is as boring as hell to do it......lol.

Message to Fate above. Here in Fla. Use good brands of gas. They have more BTUx per oz at the same Octane rating than the cheapass off brand stuff. Chevron, Sunoco, Shell to name a few. Stay away from Wal-Mart etc.

On my ride home from work yesterday I got up to 49mpg

On my way into work this morning I maxed out at an avg of 45mpg.

Sure beats the heck out of my 18mpg Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.

I was thinking about getting a Prius at the end of the year but I just heard this morning because the demand for them are rising that stealerships have been rasing the price of the car up to $5000.00. So screw em I wont buy any car that the price is getting jacked up just because they can

Guess no one can give anyone a break in this country, all the business are out to take advantage I guess.

How do people get above 50 mpg ?  Doesn't the gauge only go up to 50 mpg ?
Divide the amount of miles ridden by gallons of fuel if a SpeedoHealer/Yellow Box is on the bike .

I have seen over 50mpg with two modified 1299cc engines and a single 1401cc . A 1397cc was less due to the cams and probable small bit of combustion problems from the large bore/chamber size and valve shrouding. Talking a less than perfect "efficiency" world there though and not by much . So stroke them if ya got em  
ThumbsUp.gif

That TEKA device i bought years back and loaned out a zillion times has been worth the bucks long term .

How do people get above 50 mpg ? Doesn't the gauge only go up to 50 mpg ?
I've never seen mine go above 50 mpg, so I wonder
rock.gif

On long highway runs, it's pegged at 50 mpg the entire time...most other riding is right around 39 mpg...the Dragon sucks the gas right from the tank because I'm in 2nd gear the entire time LOL Dropped to a horrifying 32 mpg
cool.gif

I don't think our bikes register above 50MPG.

I run my bike gently on the road. That allows me to see that 50mpg often.

I have been getting 43.5 miles on mine when on the highway. I have a power commander and adjust it before getting on the road. Around town I don't care so much...just want wanna ride.

Back