Gas mileage

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
If the MPG gauge on my odometer is correct today I got 50 mpg. Sat at 48.9 most of the trip but.

I have the Lord Humungus exhaust, ( Can be found on Ebay )
K & N air Filter
Gipro gear indicater set at 5th gear map.

Now I will say this, I did baby her today, We got caught in a few rain storms so I had to keep her under 70 most of the day, But I have to I was impressed with 50 mpg.

i got 46mpg today on my 08 70mph on the hwy and 5 hard runs too 150mph GPS 202miles on my tank 4.4gal total

Last edited:
I get 50.0 when driving on the city or freeways

I drops to 41 when I ride the twisties, because I like to use high rpm for traction

I averaged 41.7 on my trip to Sturgis 3800 miles. I was loaded and opened it up a couple of times, ROde the twisties and got stuck in traffic a few times while there. I am a tooth up in the front, PC-# zeroed out, a modded air box with K and N Filter, and Two Brohter CF cans. I can get close to 50 if I ride 70 or less. On my old o4 model I averaged 49 with Hard Krauser Bags mounted and loaded. Not sure why I can't get better with my 03.

man i must be running RIIIIIIIIIICH

37 average city and highway. micron 4-1, pcIII, tre.

I can get 44+mpg when I hit long stretches of highway. Unfortunately, my typical average is only about 37mpg on my daily commute to work and back. I've never had a vehicle give me such a wide range in fuel mileage. My previous 2 bikes would never vary more than maybe 5mpg no matter how hard or soft I rode them and no matter what traffic conditions I rode in. Not with this bike though! It varies all over the place +/- 10mpg or more depending on conditions. It's weird.

i got 39mpg once riding hard twistys 1 but every other time i get between 43 and 49 on my stock 08 bussa not bad for big hp

I'm starting to think maybe I have an atypical performer. Perhaps my bike is running too rich? What would be other symptoms of this? I wonder if I upgraded to a K&N filter and some bolt-on exhaust cans if I would lean it out back to where it should have been in the first place? Other than ergonomic mods, my bike is bone stock engine-wise.

Back