gas mileage

sh00perman

Registered
just thinkin about gas mileage between bikes. the new busa gets crappy mileage in the magazines...is that just because theyre flogging the crap out of it or what? whats everybody had or have for bikes and whatd they get for mileage? ive got a stock 08 r6s and a 2000 busa modded. they both get 42 mpg with me not babying them.

I average btwn 35 and 38.5...
bowdown.gif
 Considering I have a heavy right hand and the mods, I think Im doing OK..
beerchug.gif

I weigh about 260lbs. and I'm getting about 35-36 mpg.  I tend to keep the rpm"s in the low range, never really coming very close to redlining at all.  

How the hell do I get me some 42 mpg?
firedevil.gif
banghead.gif

I don't know yet because I haven't stayed out of the throttle for long enough to find out. At this rate I'll never know!!

Watching my MPG got to be an addiction for me. I would go on rides, and just see how many mpg I could get. Now I don't even look, and now I enjoy the ride SOOOO much more !!!

However, I never had to worry about getting speeding tickets before, because I wouldn't go fast.....that would mess up my MPG average
laugh.gif

35-40, I was getting better then that untill I put a 42 on the rear and the r1 throttle tube.Now that that I have over a full season on the bike I'am getting used to it I get less mpg.

usually i get around 38-45. went for a ride on fathers day with some harleys....pinned at 50 mpg. tells you what kind of ride it was.

Im getting 45-50 mpg thats keeping it under 70 and shifting at around 3500 rpms. I go just about 225 miles before I fill it up and it usualy will take 4.5 gal.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back