You guys watch yourselves.

:welcome: Carla and very good to hear your doing well and riding again. Very sorry about your late husband and wish you all the best now and in the future!

Stick around and share some ride stories and pics. We don't care what you ride. There are a lot of HD owners here.

This is Carla and it was my husband that was killed in the accident and I survived and niether of us were wearing helmets. If it is one thing I know from this it is if it is your time to go, you go if not then no. By the way, his organs were damaged by hitting the passenger side of a truck that ran a stop sign because he thought he could beat the bike and my husband went throught the passenger side window and killed the passenger too that was the driver's daughter in law with her husband and 19 year old son in the truck.

It was myself and my husband and I said it before and will say it again...if it is your time to go then you go and if not then you don't. I wasn't wearing a helmet either and I survived and as for my husband he died from hitting the side of a truck that ran a stop sign because the driver thought he could beat the bike so my husband Francis went through the passenger side window, they didn't report that of course not but it was in the police report, I should know I was there.
Carla Cagle Carter

I am just learning how to reply so the replies I have made were to other comments on this story to negative comments about whether to wear a helmet or not and hoping my husbands organs were saved so that someone else may live. Thanks for the warm welcome and condolences, just crazy finding this today, my late husband's birthday was yesterday and he would have been 47, we were only married 4 1/2 years. My daughter release red and black baloons for him yesterday at his favorite fishing hole where we were coming from that day with the kids and at the scene of the accident just a few miles away. He is greatly missed.

I am just learning how to reply so the replies I have made were to other comments on this story to negative comments about whether to wear a helmet or not and hoping my husbands organs were saved so that someone else may live. Thanks for the warm welcome and condolences, just crazy finding this today, my late husband's birthday was yesterday and he would have been 47, we were only married 4 1/2 years. My daughter release red and black baloons for him yesterday at his favorite fishing hole where we were coming from that day with the kids and at the scene of the accident just a few miles away. He is greatly missed.

If you want to reply to a specific reply, choose the "reply with quote" tab at the bottom of the post you want to specifically address.

It was myself and my husband and I said it before and will say it again...if it is your time to go then you go and if not then you don't. I wasn't wearing a helmet either and I survived and as for my husband he died from hitting the side of a truck that ran a stop sign because the driver thought he could beat the bike so my husband Francis went through the passenger side window, they didn't report that of course not but it was in the police report, I should know I was there.
Carla Cagle Carter
Riding a motorcycle without a helmet and dead from head and internal injuries!

I'm having a hard time feeling sympathy. :dunno:

Carla Cagle Carter
Agree..........

It was myself and my husband and I said it before and will say it again...if it is your time to go then you go and if not then you don't. I wasn't wearing a helmet either and I survived and as for my husband he died from hitting the side of a truck that ran a stop sign because the driver thought he could beat the bike so my husband Francis went through the passenger side window, hence head and internal injuries. They didn't report that of course not but it was in the police report, I should know I was there.
Carla Cagle Carter
Agree..
Last year we had 9 fatal crashes over Memorial Day. 4 where motorcyclists. All 4 were - you guessed it --- no helmets. They had their freedom from oppressive government helmet laws. RIP I hope they had good organs so others could live.

Yes, wearing a helmet is a choice and no moron here! My husband Francis and I, Carla were in the fatal crash and neither of us were wearing helmets, he died and I survived.
When it is your time to go you go and if not then you don't. We both hit the side of that truck that ran a stop sign because the driver thought he could beat the bike. I had 15 staples in my head and survived brain damage, there is One bigger than me that decides.
Sad to hear for sure. I have said on here many times that the really first piece of gear I grab is my helmet and a damn good one at that. I don't wear leathers or anything like that, never have.

Gear is a personal choice for sure, I think it all comes down to how comfortable you are on your motorcycle and how much you watch out for others, in front/behind, etc.

There is one piece of gear that is not an option for anyone, a helmet. If you ride without a helmet you are a straight up moron. No discussion on that one, you take a shot to the melon without a helmet and you are finished straight up. You break an arm, get road rash from a crash, etc. no big deal in the long run. The head is the game ender, protect it or else.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I will.
:welcome: Carla and very good to hear your doing well and riding again. Very sorry about your late husband and wish you all the best now and in the future!

Stick around and share some ride stories and pics. We don't care what you ride. There are a lot of HD owners here.

yearly simulator driving tests should be required above age 65.

You make a good point. They could setup a few PCs with a driving simulator (with full steering wheel and peddles) that does the normal driving tests and automate the process. Just need one person to make sure no one cheats.

Back