Prayers for the families

This is sad and I also have an additional take on this. Why are the police still putting the general public and innocent people in danger by continuing high speed pursuits? Statistics show that the pursuit is far more dangerous than the suspect in all but a few cases. Just this weekend I had to respond to an officer down, he wrecked his patrol car going to fast to a call. This sucks having to be a FF/EMT treating someone that you know. This has to stop unless the person is proven to be more dangerous than the pursuit that will follow. IMO
wink.gif
I also disagree on pulling the plug on this guy, let him suffer in his mind and then face charges if he ever wakes up.
mad.gif
I am not going to go into great detail here because it would be wrong to distort this thread any more than I already have...But at any rate when the suspect decided to flee he in essense established the rules...His actions alone were the ones that placed society at risk...

There's more than likely a thread that is discussing pursuits or someone can start another and we can debate it there...

Sorry for taking from the meaning/nature of this thread...

My prayers will extend to the families of the victims...  
evil.gif
STUNAHH: Your right the felon is responsible not LEO. It is not your fault if you leave $50 in your car, forget to lock it, and you get robbed. It's the thiefs fault. However LEO policies should not enable or push the felon to continue the dangerous behavior, that might otherwise have diminished without the chase.

VABUSA: Yes I would agree very tough call to make. I don't have the LEO experience but do as a FF/EMT. I see how stupid some people act when the lights/sirens are coming on our fire engine or amulance. I can't imagine what additional training I could receive to help me compensate for other people driving decisions while going at even faster speeds than we travel...which LEO's do in pursuits.

My prayers to the families. But as much as I would like to see him fry. I would hope he doesn't. I would like it if he was paralzyed from the neck down that way he would suffer everyday that he was alive. and wishes he was dead
firedevil.gif
on the other side if he did survive our tax money would have to support the worthless bastard until he died. PULL the PLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the families who lost so much my heart and prayers go out to them.

No high speed chase no problem there will be another day to catch the bad guy. The people he hurt dont get that chance. Bad cop no donut

Back