Come on guys..... GEAR GEAR GEAR

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Motorcyclist dies from accident

Man dies after accident near Holdenville
Tulsa World | 6/11/2007

CANADIAN – A McAlester man died June 6 from injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident three days earlier, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported today.

Michael A. White, died at St. Francis Hospital about 3:45 p.m. from a head injury, the patrol said.

About 4:15 p.m. on June 3, White was attempting to turn south onto U.S. 69 from State Highway 9A when he lost control of the motorcycle on the on-ramp, the patrol said. The motorcycle ran off the road for about 400 feet before White tried to get back on the road.

The bike flipped, tossing White about 20 feet.

He was not wearing a helmet, the patrol said.

The guys that don't wear helmets say they take away their identity...I guess they value identity more than life. It is always sad when this happens. RIP.

I bought a Helmet even before I got my first bike - swore I would ALWAYS use it. Always do. And I live in a NO HELMET LAW state.

I just don't understand this, helmets save your life. If he was wearing a helmet he most likely would still be with us.

RIP

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 12 2007,08:51) The guys that don't wear helmets say they take away their identity...I guess they value identity more than life.  It is always sad when this happens.  RIP.

Someone should tell them it makes the body more difficult to identify...

It's depressing to have to keep reading stuff like this. For less than the price of some bling for your bike, you could protect your main investment - yourself.

I hate putting these things on the board but I see local guys on busa's wearing shorts and t shirts..... Maybe, just maybe they will see this someday....... Everytime I have the urge to jus run to the store to get gas or whatnot and I think of not wearing my gear I immediately think of my wife and sons and what they would be left with..... How senseless and selfish it would be for me to not wear gear.........

cap

Frankly....this crap pisses me off. Some freakin' idiot decided that he didn't NEED to wear his helmet or felt the NEED to excercise his right to not wear one.....TOTAL crap. Complete lack of responsibility IMO. He prolly has a family to include children and now they are fatherless.
mad.gif

My thoughts and best wishes go out to the families......
sad.gif

DD

Peer pressure.

I did it for 40,000 miles, but luckily I survived it. Ride into a Oklahome bike night event on a Road King with a full face helmet and see what kind of looks you get. It was one of the smaller reasons to get rid of it and avoiding that crowd.

If nothing else, the helmet is always on...I just can't imagine riding without it, even if the state I'm in legally allowed it...

Sad
sad.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 12 2007,12:22) If nothing else, the helmet is always on...I just can't imagine riding without it, even if the state I'm in legally allowed it...

Sad
sad.gif
You speak of gear, correct
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 12 2007,12:57)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 12 2007,12:22) If nothing else, the helmet is always on...I just can't imagine riding without it, even if the state I'm in legally allowed it...

Sad
sad.gif
You speak of gear, correct  
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
Somehow, I should have known better than to word it the way I did...
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Well I can't sayt I agree with Cap more.
When I lived in Illinois I never wore a helmet.
This was because I was a defient young dumb
A$$.... Now I treat this issue just like my
American Express Card (Never leave home without it).
As far as full gear, I am working on getting some. But I always
make sure I have my lid and at the very least a jacket.

R.I.P. to all of the fallen riders.......
And to those who are with us still WAKE UP!!!!!!!

I have lived in states that require helmets and I have lived in states that don’t require helmets. I now live in Louisiana and they currently require a helmet.

I love this topic because everyone has a very strong opinion and usually for very different reasons. I personally think you should have the right to choose if you want to wear a helmet or not. I have survived two motorcycle wrecks the first on I was not wearing a helmet and I was wearing one in the second accident. I wear a helmet because pass experience tells me it is a smart thing to do; I value my life and plan on hanging around for a while. Lets face it if anyone told you they bought a motorcycle for it safety record you would begin to judge that persons mental capacity, if I had made my decision based on safety I would have bought a Volvo and not a Hayabusa. The risk is what appeals to many people, I don’t agree with that reasoning, but I do think that people should have the right to choose for themselves.

All gear all the time.
guns.gif

I cornerworked the CMRA roadraces Saturday & Sunday - some bad crashes.

5 ambulance rides & 3 careflights but nothing more than broken ribs due to great gear.

The following is from the local paper describing the weekends crashes. We had the usual bunch of Harley crashers but I didn't post the one about the ATV rider hitting a deer.
I managed to squeak through the weekend with only one close call with a sucidial coon.

Breakdown of area motorcycle and ATV crashes over the weekend:

1:20 p.m. Friday, Ohio 821 near milepost 5, two vehicles; Marion B. Tennant, 67, of Vienna, W.Va., was driving south on Ohio 821 on his 2007 Harley- Davidson motorcycle when a truck driven by a 17-year-old Stockport boy turned in front of him. Tennant struck the truck and was thrown from the bike. Tennant was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital where his condition was not immediately available Sunday evening. Tennant was wearing a helmet.

2:40 p.m. Friday, Ohio 26 near milepost 3; Wayne J. Monette, 63, of Hamersville, was riding his 2005 Harley Davidson motorcycle when he went off the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, ditch and guide wire. He was transported to Selby General Hospital where his condition was not immediately available Sunday evening. He was not wearing a helmet.

11:04 a.m. Saturday, intersection of Ohio 60 and Ohio 530 near Lowell; Myron “Daleâ€￾ Leeper, 58, of 106 Sylvan Way, lost control of his 2003 Harley- Davidson when he hit an oil slick on the roadway. Leeper was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital. His condition was not available late Sunday. Leeper was wearing a helmet. A tractor trailer responsible for leaking the oil was found disabled a few miles north of the crash. The truck was driven by Allen L. Wogan, 45, of Chesterhill. The crash remains under investigation.

2:10 p.m. Saturday, Ohio 60 near milepost 20 in Beverly, two vehicle crash; Michael T. Davis, 31, of 335 Rummer Road, Marietta, and passenger Frances A. Winstanley, 30, of 2451 Summers Road, Marietta, were injured when a vehicle driven by Alison B. Leary, 19, of Belpre, pulled out in front of their motorcycle from a private drive. Davis and Winstanley were transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. Helmet use was unknown.

4:50 p.m. Saturday, Ohio 26 near milepost 8, one vehicle; Juddeson Lewis, 68, of Williamstown, was injured when he failed to negotiate a curve while riding his 1985 Kawasaki motorcycle. Lewis was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. Helmet use was unknown.

6:30 p.m. Saturday, just off Collins Road near Little Hocking; Larry Barr, 60, of Elizabeth Street in Belpre, was injured when he lost control of his ATV while riding along an abandoned railroad track. Barr plunged about 40 feet over an embankment and was transported by medical helicopter to a Charleston, W.Va., trauma center where he was listed in critical condition Sunday evening. He was not wearing a helmet.

6:30 p.m. Sunday, intersection of County House Lane and Mount Tom Road, Marietta, one vehicle; a motorcyclist and his passenger were transported to Marietta Memorial hospital with serious cuts and bruises after a single vehicle crash. The wreck remained under investigation late Sunday and no other details were immediately available.

Back