Worst time/way you have ever been broken up with?

I was married for 15 yrs and date her for 5 so 20 yrs of my life with person I said that i loved the most but never showed her. I am a father of 2 great boys that think that i hung the moon and was a husband albeit a bad one for both. But, my ex's boyfriend told me that i was $hit and thats how i found out what was going on. This guy calls me and tells me that my ex gave him my number. So, I now realize that if I had been a better husband and father and had spent more time at home and doing things with them, then maybe the outcome of my relationship with my family would have been different. I just worked my a$$ off to give her everything but not what she wanted attention so I know why she look for attention from someone else. I really dont blame her and have learned that i just cant trust women all she had to do was tell me and i would have done anything to make it work afterall the vows i took meant everything to me. Now i just seem like i wonder around with a meaningless life without my kids or wife the people that meant the most to me everything else just seems insignificant.

Now i just seem like i wonder around with a meaningless life without my kids or wife the people that meant the most to me everything else just seems insignificant.

Man, that is just so sad. "man who is born of woman has but a short time
to live and is full of misery". How true.

I was married for 2 1/2 yrs to my ex and durring that time i built our dream house in la jolla CA and even though I was allergic to and hated cats I got her a cat and then she got fired from work for meth and sleeping with the bosses wife and a messy divorce ended with me getting nothing but the cat :poke: sure she got the house, car, and all my stuff but at least i got an animal i hate :thumbsup:

p.s. the cat isn't so bad now he's grown on me:whistle:

better off with that cat, than the meth head. I just kicked out a meth head
she went from a very sweet girl to a little monster because of that garbage.
xpills too

Last edited:
Guys, I really hated reading all this. I split up with my now ex over three years ago after 13 years of marriage. While I really can't go into the details I can tell you this.

There is life after divorce. I promise.

A guy I had never met that had just bought my '69 Charger R/T put his arm around me a said that very thing. I didn't believe him then.

But now I do. Take it to heart, there is life after divorce.

Guys, I really hated reading all this. I split up with my now ex over three years ago after 13 years of marriage. While I really can't go into the details I can tell you this.

There is life after divorce. I promise.

A guy I had never met that had just bought my '69 Charger R/T put his arm around me a said that very thing. I didn't believe him then.

But now I do. Take it to heart, there is life after divorce.
Unfortunately its usually right back into another relationship :banghead:

Ironcially, a friend of mine came over last night asking for help. His live-in-girlfriend of 3 years left him last year for her cousin (a meth head). She was also a meth head but he got her off the drugs while they were living together.
Anyway, a friend of his saw her two days ago on the street. Said she was dirty, ragged and looked like she was living on the street. Definitely back on the meth. My wife helps out at various shelters and knows a lot of homeless people and shelter workers. He wants my wife to try and find out where the ex is living. He was devastated when his ex left him and although he hates her doesnt want her living on the street. He is going to bring over a picture of her tonight and I am going to make a flyer and spread it around the shelters. Dont know if we can find her or not but we will try. Must be terrible to be in love with someone who loves meth more than they love you.

Amazing w/ the small amount of people that posted here.... the amount of Meth Ho stories.

Sad. That stuff is the Devils drug.

Not that guys aren't notorious for cheating. But I am dumbfounded by the amount of women who feel when they are not getting enough "attention"......they run into the arms/bed of the 1st jack ass they think actually think gives a sh*t :banghead:

I mean what are we supposed to do here! When is enough attention enough!?
My frigging ex..... would have hand cuffed us together for the rest of our lives if she had her way.
Is it so hard to understand that a little space can be a positive thing? I'm not talking about disappearing for days. Just sayin, don't be so damn insecure that you can't give a man a little "guy time"

Frigging women! Can't live with out 'em....can't kill 'em.

I was SO down in the dumps after my divorce until a friend of mine came over to talk to me. I didn't go anywhere except to work and drank a lot. His words turned me around. He asked was I missin her or just missin someone being in the house. I thought life was over for me since I was aready 35 years old. I was wrong, BIG TIME. I almost ran myself to death for two years but boy did I have a Blast. Time heals, Guys. Hang in there and all will work out.:thumbsup:

After reading all of this, it has brought up some rough memories. I had a whole paragraph typed about my ex but decided to erase it. I will leave it where it belongs, in the past. Instead I can say there is life after divorce because now I have met a wonderful woman, life in the house of dreams, and I have my toys. I never thought I would get married again but.....I am thinking about proposing in Dec. This one is a preachers daughter, raised in rural Mississippi, she is devout christian and has very old fashioned morals. She does things for me I would have never imagined anybody doing, just simple things like fixing my plate and giving me a bath. I met her parents a while back and noticed how her mother and father act together. After 35 years, they still act like teenagers in love, maybe some of that has rubbed off on her.
And - :cheerleader: SHE LOVES MY BUSA :cheerleader:

I had a horror story much like these, it worked out even though I could not see the forest through the trees back then. 20+ years ago was a bad time for me.

hang in there and be careful the next time around...

Back