Have you ever been followed.

newman

Registered
With all this going on with the kid who was shot, has anyone been followed, and what was there reaction.

This can be anywhere, on the street, in a store, on the road.
And do you think this was down to how you look, or anything else.

Now I'm 6ft 2ins, weigh 276lb, and got a long goatee, and am regularly followed round big stores, by store detectives.
It's so obvious when these guys start following you about.

In HMV big record store in London, guy with walkie talkie, everywhere I go his behind me and my son, who is also 6ft 2ins, go upstairs, guy up there on his walkie talkie, now he starts following us about, go down the escalator, look round guy upstairs, starts talking on his wt, get downstairs, two guys at the bottom of the escalator on their wts, start following us about.

I got fed up with this in the end and went up to them, and said "will you please stop following us about we're not up to anything", the reply "we're not following you", me "your making it so obvious it's embarrassing", then we walked off, guy back on wt.
Then they still followed at a distance, until we left the shop.

It's so obvious, they are usually always near you pretending to tidy up the cd's or dvd's, now I just go up to them and say why are you following me, they always say their not.

Went to the US on holiday in 1978, New York to San Francisco On a Greyhound bus.
I forget where we was but my cousin, my mate and me went for a coffee, and decided to have a look around, and this guy started following us, we went round the block and ended up where we started guy still behind us, we walked off again, went round another block and walked around a bit and the same guy was still following us, went back to where we had the coffee and he disappeared.

Now I know we weren't being paranoid.
Frightened us a bit.

I'm sure it has to be uncomfortable when that happens, and it is truly sad when they stereotype someone like.

Went to the US on holiday in 1978, New York to San Francisco On a Greyhound bus.
I forget where we was but my cousin, my mate and me went for a coffee, and decided to have a look around, and this guy started following us, we went round the block and ended up where we started guy still behind us, we walked off again, went round another block and walked around a bit and the same guy was still following us, went back to where we had the coffee and he disappeared.

Frightened us a bit.

I remember almost that same experience on a visit to NYC.

Newman my brother, I have been followed more times than I can even count (not surprising since I can’t count past 3). I too have been followed around a few stores, not because of how I look (although that is why I was followed as a kid) but because I don’t make lists and Im a cheap skate who doesn’t like to spend money. So my behavior is a bit erratic sometimes when Im in the big stores. I will walk around the same isles looking at all of the stuff over and over again price comparing, yet not buying anything, which makes me look suspicious. I can always spot the people followings me, even if they are trying to hide.

I have also been followed for work, and completed a many of followings myself (both on foot and in a car with a team of up to 15 people and up to 10 cars). You see, I am not only am I in the construction business, I have a contract with a firm based out of Tampa Florida where I teach counter-surveillance to our soldiers and civilians who are going overseas to places where their life depends on knowing if they are being followed. After we teach them how to know if they are being followed, we teach them how to properly act and loose said people. To make sure they have learned these skills we have to provide teams of people to follow them around. I have done both the teaching and the following but I think stalking….errrr, I mean following, them around is my favorite part 

The fact that you are aware of your surroundings is a good thing. Too many people walk around not paying attention, talking on the phone, have ear buds in, or are just plain oblivious to their surroundings no matter what the situation. Everyone should know a few basic skills. Especilly if you live in a large town, live in a high crime area, or a person woman who is out alone. I’m going to give you all a bit of advice so listen up because this basic rule could save your life. Teach this to your wives and kids.

We teach our people about the rule of 3 and about Time and Distance. The rule of 3 is what helps separates random coincidences from someone who is actually following you. Like Newman said, he kept making turns around the block and the same person was there, turn by turn. If after you make 3 turns that person is still there you need to consider yourself as being followed. It’s not just three turns on the street, it can be that I saw you in 3 stores in a short amount of time. If you see a person at the grocery store, then again at the post office (that’s a coincidence) but when you see the same person at Home Depot you need to consider yourself as being followed. You have to use the time and distance rule with the rule of three. If I see you at the mall, then an hour latter I see you all the way across town at a Chucky Cheese, you have to start wondering. In that instance there was a great deal of time and or distance between spotting and they were still there.

There are places where you can’t use the rule of three or the time and distance rule. If you are at the mall and you see the same person in 3 stores….guess what most people go to the mall with the intent of hitting multiple stores. You also can’t go to the grocery store walk up and down the aisles and smack the poor guy behind you for following you up and down the aisles…..that’s what everyone does. Where the time and distance rule goes out the window is when you’re driving on a long straight road, like a interstate or highway. You’re going to see that same car for several miles and over a long period of time, that don’t mean they are following you.

The safest thing you can do is just be aware, pay attention to your surroundings. If you think you are being followed make a few extra turns to see if someone is really there. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT HOME!!!! You do not want them to know where you live. Find the nearest crowed public place and make a seen if you need too. If you find yourself trapped, yell FIRE. There are too many people is this world who are too chicken sh*t to come help if you yell help me, or Im being raped. Yell FIRE, 99% of people will come running because they want to see. Knowing that someone is there will keep you from being surprised attacked.

Sorry for making this kinda long, I just want to give you guys something to think about.

One thing I forgot to mention was this. If you think you are being followed, while in your car, don’t be afraid to make a last second right hand turn from the left lane or go 5 miles under the speed limit. If that car you are worried about makes that crazy turn, there following you. If they refuse to pass you when you’re going that slow, there following you. Now, I must admit that we teach our people to NOT do the things I just mentioned to you but that is because of tactical reasons for trained personal. You (everyday Joe blow) and your family fall into a different category, so I high suggest such tactics. Run, kick, scream and yell.

Another good tick is to put you turn signal on when coming up to a stop sign. Stop as normal but then go straight. If the person following you pout a turn signal on but also goes straight you have a problem.

I've been fearful I was being followed while driving before...I opted to take a bunch of extra turns over going to my home for fear that I was being followed and they'd find out where I live. Once the vehicle behind me didn't take one of my turns, I headed on to the house...

I'm forever watching my surroundings; call it paranoia, but I'd rather be aware over not...

I've been fearful I was being followed while driving before...I opted to take a bunch of extra turns over going to my home for fear that I was being followed and they'd find out where I live. Once the vehicle behind me didn't take one of my turns, I headed on to the house...

I'm forever watching my surroundings; call it paranoia, but I'd rather be aware over not...

Perfect! Thats what you should be doing. I find that the moms I talk to about this are already doing most of the stuff. The trick is to not let your guard down; we tend to fall into routines and zone out. Change it up a bit, and pay attention.

Vab's. You can also stop at a quicky mart gas station type place. You can park right in front of the store where it is easy to get out of your car and quicky/safely enter the store. These types of stores also have lagre glass store fronts where you can see if the person you thought was following you did something odd like park across the street to wait for you to leave so they can resume there tail. At that point you can call the cops and wait.

Vab's. You can also stop at a quicky mart gas station type place. You can park right in front of the store where it is easy to get out of your car and quicky/safely enter the store. These types of stores also have lagre glass store fronts where you can see if the person you thought was following you did something odd like park across the street to wait for you to leave so they can resume there tail. At that point you can call the cops and wait.

I do all of that kind of stuff, and I know not to stop for blue lights in the middle of no where at night too :) I'd drive with 'em behind me like OJ in a white Bronco until I find a safe, populated place to stop. I live in BFE, shuts down at midnight, even the local popo don't run 24/7 shifts after midnight, stores are closed, etc...so, as long as I have fuel, I'd just keep driving until I feel safe to head on home :thumbsup: I'm a car watcher, and a plate watcher (habit I guess), so I am very aware of those around me while driving...

I do all of that kind of stuff, and I know not to stop for blue lights in the middle of no where at night too :) I'd drive with 'em behind me like OJ in a white Bronco until I find a safe, populated place to stop. I live in BFE, shuts down at midnight, even the local popo don't run 24/7 shifts after midnight, stores are closed, etc...so, as long as I have fuel, I'd just keep driving until I feel safe to head on home :thumbsup: I'm a car watcher, and a plate watcher (habit I guess), so I am very aware of those around me while driving...

So what your saying is that you are a Stocker who is also aware when someone is stalking you :rofl: Good work Vab's. :thumbsup:

I stay paranoid which is why I carry too!

I stay paranoid which is why I carry too!

I'm actually considering taking the gun safety course locally and buying a gun...been on my mind for a while now, though I don't think I'm the type to carry it with me at all times. I'd like to have it at home for peace of mind...

It was that dam strange accent, they were trying to figure out if you were French or German.

With all this going on with the kid who was shot, has anyone been followed, and what was there reaction.

This can be anywhere, on the street, in a store, on the road.
And do you think this was down to how you look, or anything else.

Now I'm 6ft 2ins, weigh 276lb, and got a long goatee, and am regularly followed round big stores, by store detectives.
It's so obvious when these guys start following you about.

In HMV big record store in London, guy with walkie talkie, everywhere I go his behind me and my son, who is also 6ft 2ins, go upstairs, guy up there on his walkie talkie, now he starts following us about, go down the escalator, look round guy upstairs, starts talking on his wt, get downstairs, two guys at the bottom of the escalator on their wts, start following us about.

I got fed up with this in the end and went up to them, and said "will you please stop following us about we're not up to anything", the reply "we're not following you", me "your making it so obvious it's embarrassing", then we walked off, guy back on wt.
Then they still followed at a distance, until we left the shop.

It's so obvious, they are usually always near you pretending to tidy up the cd's or dvd's, now I just go up to them and say why are you following me, they always say their not.

Frightened us a bit.

Im constantly followed by beautiful women, so bothersome....

Ive had few times where I thought someone was behind me to long and have done a few extra laps around the neighborhood and just outrun em and see what happens. Car or bike, most cant keep up with me at go time:whistle:

I once had this guy following me and I know he was following me because he made every turn I made. After awhile it got annoying because of those flashing lights ontop of his car. Then when I did stop for him, he put me in the back seat of his car. When i clearly called "shotgun."

Does that count as stalking???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back