Laziness ..........and the height of laziness... the bane of Humans!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
As a response to another thread, I submit the following.

I feel the bane of America is the escalator in our modern malls and stores across this great country of ours.

This is what I feel, is a accurate description of this!

Laziness - Riding and escalator UP!

The height of Laziness - Riding an escalator DOWN!

Do we really need to just sit there and let everything do our work for us?

I know that some people need this, but most do not, yet I see people fit to walk, just sitting there waiting to get to the top, or worse, the bottom.

Sorry, rant over,
Just my little two pennies.
Bubba

Last edited:
the end of manners will be the downfall of humanity.
remember when they had phone booths, because it is rude to bother others with your phone conversation.:beerchug:

I used to take the stairs when they were an alternative to escalators. Now it seems that stairs are almost extinct.

I feel the bane of America is the escalator in our modern malls and stores across this great country of ours.

I know that some people need this, but most do not, yet I see people fit to walk, just sitting there waiting to get to the top, or worse, the bottom.

Sorry, rant over,
Bubba

I know of the people with whom you work, Bubba. I get the metaphor...

:rofl:

Good one! :beerchug:

I used to take the stairs when they were an alternative to escalators. Now it seems that stairs are almost extinct.

+1000
I try to do that too, but it seems that stairs are all but gone anymore.

just walk up the escalator!

I do when I can, but most of the time there is only one person on the vile machine, and they never let you pass!

I know of the people with whom you work, Bubba. I get the metaphor...

Good one! :beerchug:

I was going for a metafive - but again I have fallen short. :laugh:

Before sport related knee injuries (hockey) and the accident escalators were for the 'old and weak!' After hockey and accident I'm very-very thankful for them.

...there ya go...:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Escalators and those damn conveyor belts in airports. Pisses me off!! I understand if you've got a disability, but please stand to the side as some people are trying to make a flight on the other side of the airport.

...there ya go...:whistle:

Oh my, that was live footage of the Westminster mall!
Too funny, but nearer to truth.:laugh:

I am going to be keeellling you now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up watching the Jetsons. I was promised so much cool stuff. Where is my indoor conveyor belt?

I grew up watching the Jetsons. I was promised so much cool stuff. Where is my indoor conveyor belt?

:laugh:

treadmill.jpg

Sorry, rant over,
Bubba

i agree. most people are just lazy but i suppose the bright side would be if you are not lazy you stand out. that is if anyone cares to go out of their way and say 'thank you' or 'well done'. god forbid you get a reward for not being lazy or even hard work.

Irony... they have walking clubs that walk the malls around here - usually older ladies. They were using the elevators to go to next floor! They should of just walked up the four flights of stairs and skipped the walking...

Go figure...

Yesterday I watched my neighbor warm up his car then drove to Rite-Aid and back. Rite-Aid is directly across the street, I'm serious maybe 100 feet at the most. :dunno: Why am I not suprised? He is my age (52) and his life consists of sitting in front of a television all day long & smoking 40 cigarettes per day, day after day after day, never a change, no hobbies, no interests, nothing! And he says I'm crazy because I ride a motorcycle, go figure.

He is my age (52) and his life consists of sitting in front of a television all day long & smoking 40 cigarettes per day, day after day after day, never a change, no hobbies, no interests, nothing! And he says I'm crazy because I ride a motorcycle, go figure.

omg... he is right riding a motorcycle is very dangrous and can kill you.

while sitting in a small room smoking 40 cigarettes a day watching tv and never walking more than 25ft will keep you around longer and healther

Back