tell us your "worst motel ever!" story.

red1100cc

Registered
i do a few trips a year and have stayed in some crummy motels.
tell us about the worst place you have ever stayed, pics if possible.

story time. i'll start.

i got the idea for this thread from a question in my trip log. i tend to stay in some cheepo places. all i need is a roof and a place to lie down.
on this last trip i stayed at the Sunset Motel in Pueblo. crummy little room, got bit on the arm a couple places by bed bugs. but that is not the crummiest place or experience i have ever had.

the worst place i ever stayed was a Quality Inn in Pensacola Florida. dirty nasty room, roaches ate my dinner, no power, got no sleep, and ahh well,
here's a few excerpts from that trip log.

"I stopped in Pensacola FL. At a Quality inn. OMG this place sucks! Room has roaches, its dirty, scuffs on the walls, brown towels, toilet paper used as a spacer for a wall plate, and the power went out as soon as I got here. But for the 1st few hrs I had power in the bathroom area. Went to the office looking for an extension cord to plug the tv in across the room. The desk clerk didn’t have one and the maintenance man busted me trying to steal the 200ftr from the pop machine. Tv bolted to the dresser, soo I pulled the dresser over by the sink. I gotta have something, and with no internet, tv will suffice. Then everything went out for about an hour while they fixed the line. "

"Well I only made 120 miles yesterday. I was soo tired. Only got 4hrs sleep. I had called for a late checkout, and the maid knocked at 9:30, then the maintenance guy knocked at 10:15. I called the office to complain to the manager and told him about the roaches, lots of roaches, the no internet, the no power, the dirty nasty room, the babys pacifier in my bed, the banging on my door after 4hrs sleep, told him im putting on my pants and headed his way, well that little bastard ran away, gal at the desk said he hung up the phone and ran out got in his car and left!! She couldn’t give me a refund, couldn’t do anything but get yelled at by me."

and i have pics to prove it!:rulez: :laugh:

well, that's my story. whats yours?

pics nov 2010 142.jpg

pics nov 2010 148.jpg

pics nov 2010 150.jpg

pics nov 2010 149.jpg

pics nov 2010 152.jpg

pics nov 2010 145.jpg

Days Inn Orlando near the airport during Bike Week. Looked as if the place got mangled by a hurricane with no signs of anything getting repaired. Big brown water stains on the ceiling and walls. Little punks driving through all night with their fart can exhausts. Oh and then there was the Best Western in Santee, CA. Located conveniently across the street from a womens detention facility and at an affordable $100 / night, you can enjoy 56K internet, crack dealers in the parking lot, and the occasional prostitute.

The stories I could tell...

I remember one night in Buffalo when I was awakened at around 2 a.m. by an alarm. I was so exhausted from my 14-hour workday, I just rolled over and started banging on the alarm clock. When that didn't work, I grabbed the clock and threw it across the room to ensure it was unplugged. Even that didn't stop the alarm.

I remember thinking "I wonder if that's the fire alarm?", but I was too tired to care. I rolled over again and passed out.

I found out the next morning during the van ride to the airport that it was the fire alarm, and most of the guests in the hotel had evacuated out into the snow-covered streets of Buffalo. Being the seasoned traveler I am, I knew instinctively that basking in the warm glow of a hotel on fire was preferable to standing outside in Buffalo in January wearing only my underwear.

:rofl:. This is going to be an awesome thread.
I have never stayed at a hotel bad enough to be burned into my memory unfortunately to share :down:

Topic- tell us your "worst motel ever!" story.

You mean the one about the motel owner that tried to commit suicide ?

That was a strange one. We went on down the road after that i tell ya.

I was working on the road building apartment complexes for about two years, so I was staying in every crummy towns even crummier motels. One night I was dead asleep when I was suddenly woken up by what seemed to be a gorilla trying to break down my door. Thru the other side of the door I kept hearing voices whispering until finally as I was putn my oants on I heard a mans voice say "u better open this dorr or im gonna f###ing kill u". Needless to say when I opened the door and he was looking down the business end of my .357, he realized he had the wrong room.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was working on the road building apartment complexes for about two years, so I was staying in every crummy towns even crummier motels. One night I was dead asleep when I was suddenly woken up by what seemed to be a gorilla trying to break down my door. Thru the other side of the door I kept hearing voices whispering until finally as I was putn my oants on I heard a mans voice say "u better open this dorr or im gonna f###ing kill u". Needless to say when I opened the door and he was looking down the business end of my .357, he realized he had the wrong room.
Posted via Mobile Device

Had an identical experiance in chicago, except some high school baseball players thought it be funny to do to they're buddys room. They got mine and the business end of the glock. They're coach came and apologized to me the next morning said he didnt think it would happen ever again:rofl:

The Kentucky Inn in Bardstown, KY. You could see the bugs crawling across the floor and the mattress. Did not sleep that night.

f that. when the fam and I go traveling we go and look at the room before we rent it. we have passed up a few lol. very nasty, can't see paying for filth. u guys are troopers. If I was traveling alone I would just pitch a tent somewhere if the rooms were as bad as described here lol:laugh:

Topic- tell us your "worst motel ever!" story.

You mean the one about the motel owner that tried to commit suicide ?

That was a strange one. We went on down the road after that i tell ya.

:poke:there has got to be more to that story. please elaborate.

WOW, i probably woulda shot through the door on that one.

f that. when the fam and I go traveling we go and look at the room before we rent it. we have passed up a few lol. very nasty, can't see paying for filth. u guys are troopers. If I was traveling alone I would just pitch a tent somewhere if the rooms were as bad as described here lol:laugh:

:laugh::thumbsup: when i take the family along, i stay holiday inn or better. wife rules:rulez:

i stayed in one joint the had soo many bugs, i used my sleeping bag. zipped up over my head to keep the bugs out.:rofl:

Motel 6, Lompoc California. Got put in a room on the back side of the lot, (with all the crackheads that live there). Around midnight I knew it wasn't going to do any good to complain to the manager, so I suffered, and will never return to that location again. FAIL!!!

I was staying at a hotel in Robbinsville last month and couldn't get a wink of sleep, because some jackasses outside kept riding a creeper down the hill. One of em even yelled "Zoinks" everytime he took off.???

I had a horrible stay in San Antonio while on R&R from the 'Stan. The family and i were going to Sea World and went cheap by staying on Ft. Sam Houston military base. Keep in mind that Ft. Sam is a huge military hospital that treats alot of servicemen and women who have been injured in either Afghanistan or Iraq. Also keep in mind that all hotels located on military bases are run by Holiday Inn.

Ok anyway we check into the room and before getting in bed, i pulled back the sheets to find that they had not been changed. There's blood stains all over the sheets and bloody bandages stuck to the underside of the blanket. It took me all of 5 seconds to pack up everything and go down 2 flights of stairs to cuss the manager out, tell him what a POS he was for allowing his housekeeping staff to take short cuts cleaning rooms and demanded my money back. I got our money back and the manager was trying to kiss my butt by getting me to stay in another room for free. I told him hell no because I was afraid I might find the body that went with bloody sheets and bandages. It was the most awful and disgusting thing Ive had to deal with in a hotel. I wasn't a big fan of holiday inn before they took over the military contract. We normally stay in a Hilton or Marriott chain of hotels. I won't never stay in another military hotel, I've slept in alot of crap places while deployed but definitely had cleaner sheets.

Got two for ya.
Wife and I when we were just dating, she flew out to Washington State to see me while I took leave and drive to cali with me for 10 days. We stayed in a hotel right outside of the airport in Seattle since her flight got in so late and when we got in the room she sat on the bed and it was wet. Aparently there was a leak in the ceiling and it drip fed water into the mattress. Then at the same time I was opening the dresser to look for something (I dont remember why I opened it) and a rat jumped out. Needless to say we didnt stay there. What do you expect for 35 a night.

Second one was a crappy hotel down in Gulfport MS. Cant remember the name but if Jules sees this she can tell you, it is the one next to Holiday Inn. It had mold all over the place, around the fridge seals, the sink, the shower. I had to stay there cause it was a Military 2 week thing and we were all staying in the motels and couldnt change rooms or hotels. So I did the best I could cleaning everything but my toothbrush got mold on it somehow (and yes I used it everyday so no it wasnt sitting) About 7 days into it I got mold poisoning so bad that I was laid up for the weekend. The cleaning lady God bless her soul, saw me in such turmoil and on her own time went home and made me some chicken soup and brought me two jars of apple sauce, and a bottle of tylenol that was supposed to help with it. She even came back after work to make sure I was ok and to help me move around and changed the sheets when I sweated through them. ( and no she was not hot so dont go there lol. she was like 300 pounds and 60 years old.)

Red Roof Inn in Bakersfield CA. The bed caved in the middle. Had a distinct Urine/sweat smell that would not let you sleep. The A/C barely worked and this was in the Middle of August during a heat wave. Luckily we were only about 400 Miles from home so the next day the wife drank alot of Coffee and got home. Never Forget that F...... Place :moon:

:thumbsup: Fire alarms, Crack Heads, Bloody sheets, Rats, Mold Poisoning (omg), Caved in beds, and Pee everywhere! these are great. That is what i was talkin about folks! :thumbsup:

:cheerleader: keep um cummin! More More More! :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:. This is going to be an awesome thread.
I have never stayed at a hotel bad enough to be burned into my memory unfortunately to share :down:

As if the Corps has never provided you with sub-par accommodation, Russ! :poke:

Anyhoo, I once stayed in a motel in Wagga Wagga (rural New South Wales), where my room was so small that I could photograph all four walls in one shot. And it smelled like a septic tank.

Oh, and Australian cockroaches are not to be trifled with. Unless you have a flamethrower/remote sentry gun, just leave them alone, or they'll come back in the middle of the night and throw you a blanket party...

The wife and I were in St. Petersberg, FL a couple of days ago....there were some awful looking motels there....straight out of a 70's horror movie...

Not the ones on the coast....inland a bit....particularly on US19.

Back