Will stock Busa wheelie off the throttle?

i have had the wheelie syndrome with my 03 busa. still in the breakin stage but all she wants to do is spin. Thanks for the tips and guess they will come when she and i are ready.

I'd like to give a BIG THANKS to everyone including Stealth_Busa  and vripley the suggestion regarding "taking the bike up to 5K and then quickly roll off the throttle, then roll back on" - it works like a dream.  I had a blast after work today roaring from one wheelie to the next.  I was having waaaay too much fun - I started getting paranoid that the cops would come and track me down.  They had to hear the engine noise coming all over northern Indianapolis!  

FYI: I had to tighten the chain almost one hash mark on the swingarm. I guess the doubling stretched it more than I thought.

Well so far my experince of wheelies is this i live in South dakota been pretty cold so alotta times i would spin trying to do them i have yet ben able to just roll the throttle back and have it come up nice i usually have to do a run up to 4500 rpms *with warmed tires* down to 4000 and crack it and i go up nicely and can vary my height quite well this works better on ashallt roads for me so far better then the cement ones and i am 6'2 and about 305lbs so i know there is alota weight for my bike to take up also i slide back till i hit the hump. I have done the 5500 rpm down to 5000 rpm but i don;t care fore that brings my bike up faster then i really care to go but i may have the added help of the TRE and HMF dual high mount exhaust but now Power Commander yet i'm sure this will change it all together once i install this and as for second gear wheelies i have tried but with no real luck and i'm no fan of drop clutching either so some suggestion would be much appricated

I am 355 pounds 6' 4" , I can bring mine up in the first three gears. This is my second busa this year and both will do the same. They seem to have a very good balance point and they are very stable. Hope this helps.

afro.gif
yeah its not hard to do im about 335 lbs and i can wheelie in first and second. takes a lot of pratice though
when i put my girlfriend on the back it got real easy.
now thats 1045 lbs of wheelie power!

6'6" 275 lbs. last night with 100 miles on it I got them up in 1st and 2nd on the first try. All I can say is its contageous and I have to learn to bring it down easier cause my jewels still be sore ! :D

All I can say is its contageous and  I have to learn to bring it down easier cause my jewels still be sore !  :D
Contageous - geez, no kidding. Everytime I go out now I'm as anxious as a dog looking for a hydrant. Looking left, looking right, down the street and back - scanning for cops- lining up my run - then rrrrrrrreeeewwwwww!

I've finally broken-in the Busa at 600 miles.  I have a question for Busa owners....

Will a stock Busa (02 in my case) wheelie off the throttle in first gear?  

No clutch popping, but just by throttle power.  My experience up to about 5 to 6 thousand rpm's is that it won't - too heavy on front end (or I'm too heavy at 6'2" and 210lbs).  Now that I can go higher in the rpm's, I just wanted to know what to expect.   

Thanks.
Is the Pope Catholic? :D

I found that my bike stock wheelied alot easier than it does now with more power. Now a throttle-crack in 2nd at 80mph causes the back to spin. Having those heavy ass stock cans on the back was good for traction I guess... :super:

Back tire size makes a dramatic diference in wheelie ease. a 60 series tire ex 200x60 17 will wheelie much easier then aq 50 series. A tighter adjusted rear spring will also help a bit... not just to raise the bike but less absorbtion will happen. very small though.. I changed my lowering link to shorter,,, it raised the ass end up and also brought the axle closer to the front causing the wheelbase to shorten. I still dont feel the bike was all that wheelie prone with the 50 series but now with a 55 series i have to be carefull. came up near blanance point before I got off her while I was leaning foward going balls out as I hit a small hump in the road. The biggest diferece in power wheelies is how fast you snap back the throttloe... for the longest time i THOUGHT many are full of b,s power ing up in 2nd.. but then i consentrated on snapping her as fast as i can,, ,like a twitch... we both come up. 3rd could happen...l but i would have to go balls out with body language to pull up to b.p. if you just want to get it up there real high. power it up in 2nd and let off when you have too. To ride a wheelie for a long distance clutching up is the way to go... I usede to only power wheelie... never though i would feel confortable clutching up... now i feel much more confortable clutching up... sometimes i give her way too much and i can tell the instant it comes up that i clutched to hard.... I counter by easing out earlier... sometimes when I dont give her enuf... i can floor it and get her up to b.p.. kind of like a power wheelie clutch up. i never hit the rear brake yet but try to be ready... aollthough my focus is on the throttle... if you are so far over that letting off the gas fast will not bring you down... and you are doing atleast 50-60mph... chances are you are toast... the rear brake shouldnt be used as a saftey issue at higher speed wheelies because you will loop long before you react in time to hit the break if you are still in the throttle failing to react to it as well... The rear break is for slow wheelies,, and for when the bike gets too high,, and you need a quick adjustment but dont want to come down yet... a tap on the brake while staying in the throttle can be smoother and more controlled basically... but I think getting used backing off the throttle to adjust when too high is better to learn first. Never be in a hurry to get to b.p. Just get it up over and over slowly getting it up there so you never suddenly find yourself in a new situation you are not ready for or have yet to learn to react to.

I have accidently brought up the front wheel exiting a corner because I thought I was in 2nd gear and it was actually in 1st. Too much throttle too rapidly, and up she went.

It wouldn't have been too bad except I was still turning :banghead:

2005, with TRE. Also sprocket changed, it's geared 2 or 3 teeth lower.

Back tire size makes a dramatic diference in wheelie ease. a 60 series tire ex 200x60 17 will wheelie much easier then aq 50 series. A tighter adjusted rear spring will also help a bit... not just to raise the bike but less absorbtion will happen. QUOTE]

It's always an entertaining adventure to see new guys show up with non-sense like this. When this feller tells us that a 60 series (larger diameter) tire is easier to wheelie than a 50 series (Smaller diameter) it seals his fate in stone that he is green as a gourd when it comes to one wheel fun. The only experience this guy has with the balance point is as he passed it on his way to looping the beast.

A tighter adjusted rear spring will also help a bit... not just to raise the bike but less absorbtion will happen. HOG WASH! The shock spring is what it is. Adding preload to the shock spring only changes the springs "Free Length" and has no effect on the spring length with the rider on board.

One day it came up so fast it caught me by suprise. I got off the gas and landed so hard it was the beginning of the end for my front seals. So... be careful, or you will have some work to do. :laugh:

mine came up on me one day unintentionally when I went to pass my buddy on his Harley.... he said it scared the crap outta him... I enjoyed every moment of it.. lol

Almost 12 yrs old. :laugh: Talk to that pirate dude, @ the 9:00 mark on his movie his front appeared to get light :poke: I struggle to keep the front tire on asphalt and I'm not exactly tiny and I lay all over the tank :rofl:

Im a newbie to posting threads but Im not an old dumbass who is clueless as far as very basic facts. With a larger size diameter tire (60 vs 50) Dont quote me the actual dif in size but its ballpark an inch higher then a 50. So any newbie with a brain should already know that when you raise a 600+ lbs bike and inch higher above the center of gravity (your rear axle in this case) Theres a whole lot of extra lbs abouve the axle that is used for leverage to pull the front end up. If this was not a major factor then why the hell does tio fuel and pro racers etc lower the rear end vs raise it??? Im not even talking a minor dif here a 2" lift with the tire over stock and the raising links and yes... stiffing the rear spring as the spring will absorb less of the clutch or power up... (why drag racers all have custom springs) ask anyone who dont ride like a newbie and has to express his skill level by bashing people on forums like this. I moved out of my house when I was 19 because i bought a bike and that was my parents rules and I have been riding ever since... Im 44 now and :bowdown: to you for I am in your territory of riding skill... talking smack to better your skills. Im not a wheelie expert but to somebody who is learning wheelies might fing this interesting... somebody who dont know how to ride or simple basics based on laws of gravity might think bashing such facts makes for a better rider.
Ok, so what if it is an old thread... when ppl hit the search in google it comes up. thats how I got here,,, the laws of gravity have not changed in ten years... you all have way to much time on your hands to come to a ten year old post and post how funny I am for adding on to an old post,... Thats funny too. lol... I have adhd and other mental issues... I was the 2nd smartest kiid in my class (out of 2 other special ed classmates) I cant spell good and my grammer sucks and I get bashed every time I post on these threads but its all good, I laugh at myself too... but not as hard as I did when called a newbie. [video]https://youtu.be/4jqma5lj3_8[/video]

Back