Wheelies

(hayadooin @ Jun. 19 2007,20:30) And others will say that you are
much safer with both wheels on the ground.........

all_coholic.gif
I just have ONE simple question
wink.gif
 : Why did you buy a Busa if you want to do wheelies
rock.gif
? It would have been much easier to buy a light, agile 600 or 1000 GSXR, so when you flipped over backwards you would have a much easier time picking up the bike . Plus, they have much cheaper replacement cost plastic  
poke.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 20 2007,00:12) Given the power of the Busa, I would venture to say you could get a wheelie up in just about any gear if you
clutch hard enough. I found the Busa can stay fairly consistant at 55 mph, feathering the rear brake in 2nd.
I'm sure you could do the same in 3rd, but now you're talking 75mph. no thanks.

If you're not familiar with wheelies at all, I would suggest this. I imagine it's worth the money.
http://www.ononewheel.com/

Good luck and start slooooooooooow.
All the gear All of the time.
www.ride2die.com
But I don't have a problem " getting it up "
laugh.gif

(Over_Easy @ Jun. 20 2007,14:02) I admit I am no big fan of wheelie time, but occassioanlly I've tried just getting it off the ground a little. I weigh 215-220 and have toyed with trying to get it up just a little in first w/ no such luck. I've had a low tank, sat my ass back in the seat, had it at 6k in first closed the throttle then slammed it open and the front wheel still just barely floats along the road. I don't want to be pulling too hard to bring it up for when it does I don't want to have all my weight falling backwards.
Your Busa is sick, get it to the doctor. I weigh at least 250 dressed out and mine won't stay on the ground when I hit it or go to pass som slo azz. +15K with no work on it, bone stock.

OK, let's not focus on the past.....we OWN Busas. You can wheelie any bike.
Sure, it may be a little easier for a lighter guy to muscle around a 600/750/1000, but I'm sure if anybody was specifically hell bent on wheelies, they WOULD have bought a lighter bike, I personally like the versitility and stability of the Busa.
Here's some perspective: There are people that wheelie Harleys at 1000lbs.

It's funny how the mind of man works:
The ego defends itself by critisizing anybody that outperforms another.
Childish, but so common.
rant.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 20 2007,14:26) OK, let's not focus on the past.....we OWN Busas. You can wheelie any bike.
Sure, it may be a little easier for a lighter guy to muscle around a 600/750/1000, but I'm sure if anybody was specifically hell bent on wheelies, they WOULD have bought a lighter bike, I personally like the versitility and stability of the Busa.
Here's some perspective: There are people that wheelie Harleys at 1000lbs.

It's funny how the mind of man works:
The ego defends itself by critisizing anybody that outperforms another.
Childish, but so common.
rant.gif
rock.gif
laugh.gif
poke.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 19 2007,23:12) www.ride2die.com
WOW!  Everyone should check out that site for a minute - wheelie-riding-squids and old-men-commuters alike - not to revel in the gore but to remind ourselves of how bad it can be if you go down.

Sobering website to say the least.

(johnnycrash @ Jun. 20 2007,11:39)
(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 19 2007,23:12) www.ride2die.com
WOW!  Everyone should check out that site for a minute - wheelie-riding-squids and old-men-commuters alike - not to revel in the gore but to remind ourselves of how bad it can be if you go down.

Sobering website to say the least.
Anytime I get to friskey I go there. Those pics. will bring you back to the real world.

PS I'll never show that site to Sue, she worries enough when we are apart as it is.

o.k. before you "wheelie" watch this..........

Last edited by a moderator:
a +2 rear sprocket and the front end comes up like a wet dream from about 15mph all the way to 80, NO CLUTCH NEEDED
guns.gif

WOW i just looked at the Ride to Die
site that Luvanicebum posted.......
If that doesn't wake you up I don't
know what will.........

argue.gif

lol you guys are attacking this man,lol hey i got my hayabusa to just ride and thats why i did not get a small bike cause i dont need to risk my life anymore as it is when i go riding on a usual day!!! good luck and be safe!!! live to ride and dont ride to die!!!!

If you have to ask how to wheelie anything over 50cc's I urge you to sell your bike to eliminate the risk your riding with me...

In all seriousness, buy a dirt bike and start there, move to a small streeter and go from there.

Wanna trade your Busa for a VTR1000F (oops, almost used the "H" word"? The V-twin is a torque toting moster that can wheelie pretty much on demand.

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 20 2007,19:56) If you have to ask how to wheelie anything over 50cc's I urge you to sell your bike to eliminate the risk your riding with me...

In all seriousness, buy a dirt bike and start there, move to a small streeter and go from there.

Wanna trade your Busa for a VTR1000F (oops, almost used the "H" word"? The V-twin is a torque toting moster that can wheelie pretty much on demand.
You dont need 50 ccs to wheelie a bike. Christ, I can get my single speed MTN bike up on one wheel with limited issues. And this with a knee still healing....

After thinking about this for a while now
I've come up with a solution, If riding on one
wheel is what you crave.... Go buy a unicycle
put on some clown make-up and join the circus.........

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

rock.gif

I'm runnin' 16/42 and I have to work hard to make sure it doesn't come up... My tires aren't the only place you can find chicken strips... just look down the middle of my back!
wow.gif

I so not care to ride on one wheel, but I have brought the wheel up a bit when hitting it hard in 2nd and swear it was up a little in 3rd. I was leaving a friends house and his little kid was in love with bikes. I was in first and had no intentions of bringing the tire up. I hit the gas a little to bring rpms up with no clutch and hit it again and it came up and scared the sh$$ out of me. was not expecting it with so little gas.

Back